IGNORED

Scolari Sacked As Well As Tony Adams

Guest efctaxi

Guest efctaxi

Not only has Tony Addams been sacked , but now Chelsea have sacked Phil Scolari too .

Why not wait untill the end of the season as far as Chelski are concerned ?

Adams

He had some poor results at the helm of Portsmouth and got involved in the relegation battle, its a little un-fair to sack him on that basis as most of the Premiership are in the dogfight. He did need more time to build his squad and results could have got better. I think that he needed to be given another month, no-one who takes over will get them out of this relegation battle so they might aswell stuck with Adams.

Scolari

Chelsea don't really look like winning the league and a 0-0 against Hull just isn't good enough. Deserves the sack, good manager but hasn't really put in the goods for Chelsea - who to replace him?

Guest efctaxi

They blew it when they let the special one leave .

Now talking about bringing Grant back , with Guus Hiddink .

Sacking Adams is harsh , but I can understand their concern .

If Huddink came to Chelsea they would have the title next year, the man can work wonders.

Piet de Visser, a former head scout of Hiddink's club PSV Eindhoven and now a personal assistant to Roman Abramovich at Chelsea, recommended Hiddink to the Chelsea owner, following the departure of Avram Grant at the end of the 2007-08 English Premier League season. Hiddink instead choose to exercise the two year extension with Russia, keeping him with them until 2010.

..and he's been linked with Chelsea before, I woulden't be surprised to see him the manager soon.

Adams became the manager of Wycombe Wanderers in November 2003. He was unable to prevent the club's relegation to League Two that season, and although the club were top of the table in August 2004, a loss of form saw them fall down the table.He resigned from Wycombe in November 2004, citing personal reasons. He was succeeded by John Gorman.

So he wasn't the best man for the Wycombe job. Even though I don't know the full details he didn't keep them afloat in the league. He managed to get them to the top like it says above but like all in-experianced managers they just slipped down. Look at Hull, fantastic start but due to being an in-experianced side they just can't hold onto it.

From the facts he isn't the best manager. Nice bloke but the managerial career isn't for him. 16 games:10 points at Portsmouth...just not good enough.

Why anyone is surprised by these dismisals is beyond me, both clubs involved are richmens toys. I feel sorry for both managers, and I dislike Tony Adams as much as the next none gooner. Adams had a team sold from under his feet and was not allowed to reinvest (Harry the car dealer realised this and was off asap). The drum banging long haired tatooed pompey fan was on the TV yesterday, it seems that Harry is not the most popular man in Portsmouth despite him having the frredom of the city.

Scolari actually relied on loan signings after he bought Deco. Chelsea are getting everything they paid for I'm pleased to say. Abramovich will look for the best non-Brit coaches in the world, that means Benitez won't be considered

Some interesting points were made out in an online-article, points that you have made Jimmy. He's been put into a club that's up for sale and a club which most of the players don't want to play for. Diarra and Defore are just two of the players that want to be rid of Pompy. Think of players they've had a few seasons ago - Pedro Mendes? Surely he's better than Glasgow Rangers? Maybe he was the same, sick of how things are run at the club and left.

Redknapp spotted how Portsmouth was going and left. This time Adams has been given the boot, this is how things will go at Portsmouth. They will be another Newcastle and that's nota good club to have.

They had better get ready for the Championship, in a few years its where they're going.

Some interesting points were made out in an online-article, points that you have made Jimmy. He's been put into a club that's up for sale and a club which most of the players don't want to play for. Diarra and Defore are just two of the players that want to be rid of Pompy. Think of players they've had a few seasons ago - Pedro Mendes? Surely he's better than Glasgow Rangers? Maybe he was the same, sick of how things are run at the club and left.

Redknapp spotted how Portsmouth was going and left. This time Adams has been given the boot, this is how things will go at Portsmouth. They will be another Newcastle and that's nota good club to have.

They had better get ready for the Championship, in a few years its where they're going.

Redknapp was still under investigation by the police regarding deals he made at Portsmouth...............................and the press think he's a good manager, my arse :rolleyes:

John Terry...

"I was very shocked by what's happened."

"He had my full support, that's for sure, and I'm sure two or three of the other players would say the same."

....another "between the lines" quote. Only three or four supporting him? That leaves a lot that weren't :huh: .

Can't say I'm surprised. Remember, Scolari hasn't managed a club in over 8 years, that's a lot of time, add to that the fact that Chelsea want results, and want them fast, it was only a matter of time.

About Guus Huddink, i can see it happenning. Remember, he's currently the Russian manager, and, reportedly, a good friend of Roman, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Guest efctaxi

I don't think Harry jumped ship at all . He was lured by the lolly , and the extra lolly to spend more lolly on Spurs , and if someone offers Harry even more lolly to leave in the summer , he probably will .

For he's a lolly good fellow

And spends it without fuss :lol:

I don't know if it was that smart to let Scolari go, i can't see a club suddenly get back on tracks by working with a total stranger in midseason.

And they waren't doing that terrible i think.

In Chelski-world, fourth place IS doing terrible. :rolleyes:

More seriously, though, look at their last 12 league games: 4 wins (all against the bottom third of the table), 3 losses (all against the other "big four"), and 5 draws, and probably more alarmingly from their perspective a lot of very obtainable points dropped at home (draws against Newcastle, Hull, and West Ham, the streak-busting loss to Arsenal). We wouldn't even be overjoyed if Everton was performing at that level - you know that at Chelsea, where the standard is "championship or bust," they have to be fuming.

I don't know if it was that smart to let Scolari go, i can't see a club suddenly get back on tracks by working with a total stranger in midseason.

And they waren't doing that terrible i think.

Chelsea expect to be title challengers each season, any sniff of being out of the title race and the manager has to think up of some excuse. In our opinions, if this was Everton we would be over-joyed. Well done 4th place, but at a club like Chelsea that just isn't good enough. They want automatic Champions League qualification at the very least and won't want to risk it with Scolari.

Inevitable that he was getting the sack, I can see Huddink making Chelsea a force again and pushing into the top 2 Premiership places.