IGNORED

Lescott

Romey 1878

Jags has been our player of the season so surely we could offload him and what about Tim Howard he has got to be one of the best keepers in the Prem so we could get a few bob for him as well.

Then the way Gosling and Rodwell are going we should soon to in a position to tout them around to any potentil buyers, there must be an ambitious club out there somewhere.

Then with all the money we could buy some crap or unheard of players that nobody else wants and wouldnt that be great!

touche :thumbsup_anim: :guitar: :laughingsmiley: :speak_cool:

Guest efctaxi
Jags has been our player of the season so surely we could offload him and what about Tim Howard he has got to be one of the best keepers in the Prem so we could get a few bob for him as well.

Then the way Gosling and Rodwell are going we should soon to in a position to tout them around to any potentil buyers, there must be an ambitious club out there somewhere.

Then with all the money we could buy some crap or unheard of players that nobody else wants and wouldnt that be great!

You obviously didn't notice the tongue and cheek smiley , but still :)

Howard is 30 next month , so yes , if a good offer came in for him it would be worth considering .

Gosling is nothing special , and though he is young and has lots of potential , he still has to prove himself . Noone will offer good money for him at the moment .

Rodwell is getting an awful lot of praise at the moment , mainly because of his age , but he is simply doing a good job at the moment , and yes , possibly beyond his years , but that doesn't mean he is doing the same job as Fabregas or Ronaldo does it ? He is simply doing a good job . If he was 25 , people wouldn't notice him . Again , he has potential , but very much a lot to learn and much to develop .

Arteta is one of our better players , but nowhere near the same class as the top midfielders in the prem .

He has a battle ahead of him to gain fitness and will probably struggle next season . He is 27 next month , so if he does struggle next season , he will be 29 before the start of the next . Are you telling me if a big bid came in then there is nobody to replace him ?

Arteta , Lescott , Cahill , Jags , Howard and Gosling were all very cheap buys , with Howard the only proven name amongst them at time of purchase .

Noone is saying sell sell sell , but if the right money came in , then it would be the right option for certain players , as there are loads of great players waiting in the wings under the radar so to speak , who will be the next generation of Everton stars .

It's not like we're about to lose Torres , Gerrard , Lampard , Ronaldo or Kaka for Pete's sake .

We have good players , but we don't have great players as such . Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward , unless we suddenly get rich .

selling a player for a profit should not be on our agenda anymore, i thought as a club we were past them days now. stabilised is what the club call us now. if a player is in our starting 11 week in week out we should not be considering selling them, unless there was an obviously ridiculous offer on the table. im not talking about £15m for lescott, im talking like £50m for one of our top players. we need players on the pitch, not just money in the bank.

NOT FOR SALE, JOG ON!

surely the exception to the above ^^^^ is if a player wants to leave!

Use Lescott as an example, if Moyes wanted to keep playing him at left back, and it pissed Lescott off enough to think about leaving.In fact, say he puts in a transfer request, you have a player whos not happy!, will he perform week in week out?, put his neck on the line!Do you then think about £15million for a player not happy at the club!

Could have happened with Arteta, maybe wanting a move back to Spain for personal reasons, or with Lescott, who some said wasn't happy with the left back position.

Just a different slant on things!.....we are all selling clubs in certain situations.

ps.....I don't want to sell anyone, unless they want out...... :gay: I'm allowed to use this little man because I've got a fractured wrist! :gay: :gay:

Guest efctaxi
selling a player for a profit should not be on our agenda anymore, i thought as a club we were past them days now. stabilised is what the club call us now. if a player is in our starting 11 week in week out we should not be considering selling them, unless there was an obviously ridiculous offer on the table. im not talking about £15m for lescott, im talking like £50m for one of our top players. we need players on the pitch, not just money in the bank.

NOT FOR SALE, JOG ON!

Selling for profit is banking the money you get from a sale .

Accepting a good offer for a player in order to create funds which will be reinvested in new faces isn't selling for profit . I would like to keep the team intact for many reasons , but players come and go , and to move forward , you must be open minded . If an offer came in for one of our players that we couldn't refuse , then accepting it and putting the money to good use is good business , and maintains ambition . Pocketing it like some clubs do shows no ambition at all .

All hypothetical , but it will be interesting to see what happens in the summer , if in fact it hasn't already been done in a gentlemans agreement :lol:

If an offer of around £15 to £20 million was on the table for any of the mentioned players i am sure the Club would have serious thoughts about taking it not that i would but i suspect the Club would. Before the start of this season i am sure if someone had come in for Jags with a £15 million offer most if not all would have wanted the club to snap their hands off but he is obviously at present to valuable to let go.

I dont think we should really lose anyone bar Vic Vdm Castillo unless he puts in a very good shift until the end of the season and maybe Jo depending on his performances so we are maybe three or four players short to what we have now if that is the case and as Stevo has said this Club should be in a position to buy not sell to buy its about time we added quality to our squad without having to sell players for funds.

surely the exception to the above ^^^^ is if a player wants to leave!

agree with you there, if a player wants to leave then yes, no use having unhappy players

Selling for profit is banking the money you get from a sale .

Accepting a good offer for a player in order to create funds which will be reinvested in new faces isn't selling for profit . I would like to keep the team intact for many reasons , but players come and go , and to move forward , you must be open minded . If an offer came in for one of our players that we couldn't refuse , then accepting it and putting the money to good use is good business , and maintains ambition . Pocketing it like some clubs do shows no ambition at all .

All hypothetical , but it will be interesting to see what happens in the summer , if in fact it hasn't already been done in a gentlemans agreement :lol:

i see your point, but then other teams know you have the cash to spend, players values go up. and its not often a team like ours can sell a player and buy a better one with the money they bring in.

this Club should be in a position to buy not sell to buy its about time we added quality to our squad without having to sell players for funds.

indeed, sell the squad players to buy first team players, then the current first team players become the squad players. progress.

Edited by StevO

There seems to be an underlying fatalist thread to this thread...................Lescott is happy here, someone has guessed he may leave based on a pure hunch as no offers have been made for the player. Moyes is more than happy with him and would sell Yobo before being forced to sell Lescott.........................its a no brainer really.

If somebody comes in with a stupid offer for him the same principles will apply to that offer as would apply to a similar offer being made for Stevie La, no player on Gods earth is valueless, the term 'if the right offer comes in' applies to all clubs for asll players. If the new UEFA proposals become law then Lescott and others will certainly become worth substantially more being home grown......................so watch this space but at present he is going no where

Edited by Jimmy the blue