IGNORED

Jan Vertonghen

Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen has opened the door to a summer move to Goodison Park after admitting he would like to play for Everton.

Vertonghen – a 21-year-old who can also play at full-back and midfield – is a Belgian international and is friends with Everton’s record signing, Marouane Fellaini.

“In the future I want to play in England, but not at a small team like Wigan – I would rather stay with Ajax if that was the case,” he said. “But a transfer to Everton sounds great for me. Everton are sixth in the table and England breaths football. Maybe I will become Fellaini’s team-mate.”

(Daily Post- Echo even!!!)

Edited by c1982

I've been secretly hoping for this :)

he plays very well with fellaini in the belgian national team as a central duo just in front of our defense usely.

He can be played as a cental defender, but he's best at central midfield.

he's got good powerplay, and a very good long ball and shot at goal.

I certainly am a fan, and i think he could do good at everton!

Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen has opened the door to a summer move to Goodison Park after admitting he would like to play for Everton.

Vertonghen – a 21-year-old who can also play at full-back and midfield – is a Belgian international and is friends with Everton’s record signing, Marouane Fellaini.

“In the future I want to play in England, but not at a small team like Wigan – I would rather stay with Ajax if that was the case,” he said. “But a transfer to Everton sounds great for me. Everton are sixth in the table and England breaths football. Maybe I will become Fellaini’s team-mate.”

Just for saying that I would sign him :lol:

On a serious note he does seem quite good (on paper) he's the right age and will be of some quality if he's getting football at Ajax. Let's hope he's in a blue shirt come the 09-10 campaign.

He is versatile. He has been playing on the right recently but that is becasue of a vast amount of injuries in the squad. He is good with both feat though so can be deployed on either side. We could probably pick him up for about £4m ish I reckon. If he wanted to leave there would probably be little they can do, and Ajax have very very little chance of making Champions Leage this year so we could be an attractive choice.

I really rate Vertonghen. Ajax are my second team and watch them alot and this lad has alot of potential. Van Der Wiell would be another very good defender as well. I think that Vertonghen would be a great addition though, a back four of: Vertonghen Jags Lescott Baines would make me very happy.

I know he can play RB but it would be such a waste of a good CB/defensive midfielder ... it's like when jags played a couple of games RB, he's not bad at it, but he's just so much better in a different position.. To me Vertonghen is a true defensive midfielder (not one of those fellaini types who turn out to be better fit playing offensive midfielder)..

he's mature beyond his age and very tough nosed..

i don't think 4mil would do it (except if he just boycotts ajax and forces a transfer) , i'd have guessed somewhere from 7-9mil..