IGNORED

I Need Help Really Badly

Foxon

I know this may seem a bit weird but im really desperate, im unemployed as i recently left college and ive had no luck looking for a job like seriously i apply places and they dont even get back to me. I been rejected the dole or job seekers allowance because ive not paid any National Insurance Credits or something for the last couple of years even tho i was at college, I got some bitch trying to get a whiplash claim out of me even though no damage was caused to any cars, I can afford to put petrol in my car. Ive filled in application forms, ive got grades from school and college and past experience of work but for some reason i just cant get a job and i think im starting to suffer from depression.

I know i sound like a tart and perfetic but i really dont know what to do.

Guest efctaxi
I know this may seem a bit weird but im really desperate, im unemployed as i recently left college and ive had no luck looking for a job like seriously i apply places and they dont even get back to me. I been rejected the dole or job seekers allowance because ive not paid any National Insurance Credits or something for the last couple of years even tho i was at college, I got some bitch trying to get a whiplash claim out of me even though no damage was caused to any cars, I can afford to put petrol in my car. Ive filled in application forms, ive got grades from school and college and past experience of work but for some reason i just cant get a job and i think im starting to suffer from depression.

I know i sound like a tart and perfetic but i really dont know what to do.

Walk round an industrial estate , knock on every door , and ask them if they might have a job for you . Even if they haven't , ask them for an application form so that you can go on file .

I did exactly that when I was younger , and always found work .

The same can be said for building sites , or anything else . Most jobs don't go through the job center .

As for getting depressed , every day you wake up , you are alive . Start it with a smile , and finish it with one :)

It is a tricky time, and unfortunatly for anyone leaving any level of education at the moment, it is possibly the worst time to do so. I am in the same boat at you. I have applied to endless streams of jobs but have yet to even recieve an interview yet. However you should not get down hearted, some things in life won't come easy but you just have to keep your head held high. As said by efctaxi just go up a high street and ask in every single place, not everywhere will advertise straight away so its good to be proactive. Its hardly glamourous but supermarkets are an excellent place to start as they always look to hire. It may be worth taking a job you don't neccesarilyl want at first just so you have an income coming in, you can always look for something you would prefer to do while working.

Everyone is in the same boat at the moment, but it won't always be like this.

Guest efctaxi

BTW .... It's easier to get a job .... when you have one :)

Take anything just so you can tell the next potential employer that you are working .

drop cvs in everywhere get application forms and just get your name in some places. thats all i did and managed to work my way up in the bar trade to running one its just tough but the only people who are gonna get jobs are the ones who go out there wantin one! also as taxi said start with a smile cos that always helps :) good luck! try at your local wetherspoons is what i recommend they are always taking on there! any high brand bars near you!

Make yourself a flyer on your computer and go around the neighborhood, or out of town if you can travel, Window cleaning is the easiest job to set yourself up in, get one reply from your flyer and the person next door will want you to clean theirs also, and before you know it you'll be cleaning for dozens. £5 or £6 pound to clean a house i can do at least 4 an hour, so £20 pound an hour is worth buying a ladder for.

I did what taxi said, 20 years ago when i was made redundant from a double gazing manufacturer.

Get around to these industrial estates asking if they would be expanding the workforce in the near future, and leave your name and addres, phone number and a little CV about what you can do, if you have a car you can already drive ..... Van Deliveries, Fork lift driver and such.

GOT TO GO OUT AND LOOK FOR IT MATE IT WONT COME LOOKING FOR YOU.

Without trying to sound to harsh mate, i'd start with getting a grip. If you think you are getting depressed visit a doctor, if he doesn't agree with you then you need to take a serious look at yourself. You won't be the first and definitely not the last person in this situation.............Personally I think this post is a wind up, you say you have grades etc. but the grammar and spelling is appalling, got no job but can afford to put petrol in your car and you're worried because some 'Bitch' is claiming for whiplash, isn't that for the insurance to sort out...............well maybe I am being harsh.

It is hard at present times for anyone to find a job and as some have said there are many in the same boat as you mate, the main thing is keep plugging away and something will crop up aslong as you have the drive to do so. The best places to start are supermarkets diy stores and fastfood outlets as they tend to mainly employ students for set periods so generally take on quite often.

I would also use the internet to keep an eye on jobs in your area http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/Internet/s...=/initialise.do also as your still young look into apprenticeships http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/ http://www.training2000.co.uk/ look at your local councils website and so on there are many avenues to try and dont be afraid to pick up the yellow pages and ring around.

I would also call your local jobcentre and explain you where refused jobseekers and ask if there are any alternatives they can atleast help you find work things tend to work out in the long run mate.