IGNORED

Footballer Of The Year

The PFA and WFA will be voting on who should win Footballer of the Year soon. Who does everyone think should win it?

Personally I think that it should be Gerrard (oops was just sick in my mouth a little bit then). But seriously, he has been spectacular at times this season. I don't think any player has been consistanly hitting the highs that he has throughout this year.

Defender of the year should go to Jags though, alot has been said about Vidic but for me Jags has been better. For one thing when Vidic has faced a better opponent he has been shown up, Jags on the other hand has shined against better opposition. Both players facing Torres is a good example of this.

yeah torres didnt get a sniff against him in the two games they played in a week and then he owned vidic that game! all sorts you can look at though i mean cahill having to play upfront as an out and out striker how well hes performed too and i know a few pundits have mentioned his name also! but i wouldnt begrudge it gerrard though!

I read on football365 few days ago that jags was in the running for footballer of the year, should go to Gerrard to be fair, think he has been outstanding the last few weeks and no one else this season has really shone out of the big names. Ronaldo, Torres, Berbatov, Fabregas (although some through injury) have not hit the same highs as previous seasons.

Jags is defo defender of the year, he is good enough to play for anyone imo.

If Giggs wins it then it will only be an almost sympathy award because he has never won it before and will be finishing soon. I think he has only started 10 games this season. No-one who has played so little games deserves the award on that basis. He has had a few good moments this season but if Fergeson hadn't said he should win the award then no-one else would be either. Great player and one of the best to play in the Premier League, but undeserving this year of the award.

No doubts about it, Stevie G. He's played absolutely amazing the past few months and is probably the most influential player in the league when it comes to changing games all on his lonesome. I definitely think Jagielka should be mentioned and he is by far and away the league's current best centre back.

I think that it is really good that everyone here has suggested Gerrard for player of the year. I think it show's maturity from this board. I had a glance at some other boards and people have been very neggatice towards the deserving candidate. I hate certain everton fans who completly fulfill the whole "bitter" fan thing. Good work to all involved with TT! The Thinking Evertonians!

Just saw this on skysports.com on this subject in there forum.

Eddie Honda (Liverpool fan) says...

For me, though I hate to admit it, it has to be Phil Jagielka. In the 3 recent derby matches he has Torres in his back pocket and showed the form that he has all season.

Anyone else remember Eddie Honda. Came on here awhile back slagging us all of then got banned. He must be growing up! I'm guessing its the same guy.

Guest efctaxi
I would say that until December Alonso would have been a good call, but he has been eclipsed by Gerrard recently.

How would you know that Jamie ? :huh::lol: