IGNORED

Festival Talk

aaron

Anyone going any Festivals this year?

I hopefully going to snag myself a Leeds Festival ticket tonight. Just hope i get through to the website.

Arctic Monkeys have been confirmed as one headliner and loads more are to be announced tonight at 7pm as tickets go on sale.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going any Festivals this year?

I hopefully going to snag myself a Leeds Festival ticket tonight. Just hope i get through to the website.

Arctic Monkeys have been confirmed as one headliner and loads more are to be announced tonight at 7pm as tickets go on sale.

Also pretty sure that Kings Of Leon will headline another day, the other headliner will probably be more of a Metal band i imagine, though there have been rumours of Radiohead, can't see that being true though.

Also pretty sure that Kings Of Leon will headline another day, the other headliner will probably be more of a Metal band i imagine, though there have been rumours of Radiohead, can't see that being true though.

When AM where confirmed on radio 1 earlier Jo Whiley said "its not michael jackson, its not green day, its not radiohead...its the arctic monkeys"

Therefore are radiohead not playing at all or just on a different day? Im hoping not tbh, i would love Blink 182 / Limp Bizkit / Oasis to be part of the main headliners. Cant see all 3. Also throw The Prodigy headlining the NME tent one night and Calvin Harris in the dance tent. Would be epic.

Also jamie Glastonbury is sold out already, only tickets avialable will be cancelations on the 1st of april.

Donington looks decent.....Faith No More, Pendulum, Prodigy, ZZ Top, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Slipknot, Clutch, Journey, Buckcherry, Black Stone Cherry, Limp Bizkit, Down etc

Thats the download festival isnt it? Some line up that, id love to go to that but leeds is the one for me.

Faith No More, Pendulum, Prodigy, ZZ Top, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Slipknot, Clutch, Journey, Buckcherry, Black Stone Cherry, Limp Bizkit, Down etc

Just reading that list has given me a headache :huh: .

The last festivals I went to were in the seventies, the legendary "wettest ever" Reading in '77 (Aerosmith, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Doobie Brothers, Golden Earring, Graham Parker, Hawkwind, Thin Lizzy, Ultravox!, Uriah Heep, Widowmaker etc) and...

reading-advert-78-400.jpg

Happy days :) !

Just reading that list has given me a headache :huh: .

The last festivals I went to were in the seventies, the legendary "wettest ever" Reading in '77 (Aerosmith, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Doobie Brothers, Golden Earring, Graham Parker, Hawkwind, Thin Lizzy, Ultravox!, Uriah Heep, Widowmaker etc) and...

reading-advert-78-400.jpg

Happy days :) !

seen them! :lol:

the rest not so much....but it's gotta be done mate, rock is for life, not just for hannukah.....

mmmm debating it just because of how wrecked I was the last time i went, 2006, in which I truly learned the meaning of the word gurn :P

mmmm debating it just because of how wrecked I was the last time i went, 2006, in which I truly learned the meaning of the word gurn :P

Was sick in my mate's tent one year....in the middle of the night....didn't realise 'til the morning. Nasty. Not popular :unsure: .

Like the fact that it cost £8.95 for a three day ticket!

Basically going, just waiting on confirmation email. Got them around half 7, apprently just as they were selling out.

Im amazed, the prodigy is going to go off big time!

Ive been to leeds fest before, only for the day though, was last year, absolutly loved it, i saw: The Shoes, Robots in Disgues, Lethal Bizzel, Avenge Sevenfold, Feeder, Plain White T's, Natty, Pendulum, Tenacious D, Conor and Majestic Obest Vally Band and Metallica.

Edited by aaron

Ive been to leeds fest before, only for the day though, was last year, absolutly loved it, i saw: The Shoes, Robots in Disgues, Lethal Bizzel, Avenge Sevenfold, Feeder, Plain White T's, Natty, Pendulum, Tenacious D, Conor and Majestic Obest Vally Band and Metallica.

Cool. I'm a bit of a festival fiend. I've done Glasto 3 times, reading 2 times, leeds 2 times, V Fest 3 times, Oxegen 2 times, OzFest 2 times. Latitude once, Hyde Park Calling once, Princes Trust Hip Hop Once. Quite a few!

Best festival by a mile was Glasto. The line-ups are almost irelevant. 2004 (i think was the best year). Headliner's where Paul McCarney, White Stripes and Coldplay. But the whole event is amazing. I won a writing competion with NME the year before and met with Emily Eavis and Guy Garvey and got to suggest people the next year. I suggested Ryan (Not Bryan) Adams and he played the following year! Also suggested Niel Youn, and he is now headlining... i like to to think that I have played my part!

I will also add that McCartney was the best headliner I have seen. Very closely followed by Radiohead at V. You are in for a real treat there, but McCartney just edges it for becasue of who he is. Here is a clip of him at Glasto when I saw him. I queed all day to get to the front of the crowd for him. You can actually see me in the clip wearing a black beannie very briefly at 3:30 and 3:50. Mainly if you pause at 4:35 you can see me right in middle of shot wearing black beanie hat! Its very sad I know but its my very brief claim to fame.... amazing gig just amazing

i mean to see these songs live was amazing

Agreed. I saw him in 1990...this was the playlist....

Figure Of Eight, Jet, Rough Ride, Got To Get You Into My Life, Band On The Run, Ebony And Ivory, We Got Married, Maybe I'm Amazed, The Long And Winding Road, The Fool On The Hill, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Good Day Sunshine, Can't Buy Me Love, Put It There, Things We Said Today, Eleanor Rigby, This One, My Brave Face, Back In The U.S.S.R., I Saw Her Standing There, Twenty Flight Rock, Coming Up, Let It Be, Ain't That A Shame, Live And Let Die, Hey Jude, Yesterday, Get Back, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End

....magnificent experience!

Love looking at playlists of gigs I went to, one of the great wonders of the 'net for me....there's no way you can remember what was played exactly so to be able to look it up is brilliant.

This was one of the best ones ever (you'll like this Jamie :P ), if not the best...

Neil Young. Wembley 1982. The Trans tour.

On The Way Home / Don't Cry No Tears / Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Cortez The Killer / Computer Age / Are You Ready For The Country? / Southern Man / A Little Thing Called Love / Old Man / The Needle And The Damage Done / Comes A Time / Birds / Transformer Man / Beggars Day / Like An Inca / Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) / Cinnamon Girl / Like A Hurricane / I Am A Child / Sample And Hold / Mr. Soul