IGNORED

Festival Talk

aaron

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news.

As thought Lostprophets are to headline the tent within the gig. The article can be seen on the official site of the gig. Lostprophets will be playing song from their new album which is set for a release around June 2009.

Lostprophets return with two very special intimate festival appearances giving fans an exclusive preview of their long awaited fourth album

The band will headline the NME/Radio 1 tent at the Reading & Leeds Festival on the August Bank Holiday weekend, Saturday 29th August at Leeds and Sunday 30th at Reading.

>Read<

• 1 month later...

going graspop again this year. the headliners are disappointment compared to last year (marylin manson and motley crue are there when iron maiden and judas priest last year headlined) but there are some great bands performing such as anthrax, down, dream theater, lamb of god, trivium etc.

cant wait to go

going graspop again this year. the headliners are disappointment compared to last year (marylin manson and motley crue are there when iron maiden and judas priest last year headlined) but there are some great bands performing such as anthrax, down, dream theater, lamb of god, trivium etc.

cant wait to go

Amazing band. Amazing live as well.

cant wait to go

Only 15 miles from where i live :)

I went a few times a couple of years ago, some of the bands i saw: motorhead slayer, mastodon, exodus,... good times :)

This year i hope to go to pukkelpop again, but I fear my re-examinations are going to kill the party :(

• 2 months later...

well fuck me that was amazing! Quick review of some of the bands I saw:

Arctic Monkeys - Absolutly brilliant, however some people found them slightly boring.

Radiohead - again brilliant.

Kings Of Leon - By far the best band playing there.

The Prodigy - mental and except for KOL they would have been the best for me

Kiaser Chiefs - brilliant and very entertaining

Bloc Party - crap. Massive let down, didnt enjoy it one bit.

Fall Out Boy - Actually really good, did a cover of Journey - Dont stop Believing which was quality.

Funeral For A Friend - Not as good as I saw them in Liverpool but still good.

Lethal Bizzel - Brilliant, mixed Smells Like Teen Spirit into his new song, went down a treat

Ian Brown - classic, was very good.

Eagles Of death Metal - funny and good.

Vampire Weekend - fantastic, A punk was great.

Lostprophets - I was very suprised at how good they where live.

The Virgins - Fully enjoyed watching them considering i havent heard of them before, keep an eye out for them.

Also saw two secret gigs, One was a Pendulum DJ set which was electrifying and the other was Them Crooked Vultures, If you have never heard of them you will defo of heard of the members - Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, John Paul Jones and Alain Johannes! Fucking brilliant!

Edited by aaron

• 6 months later...

Almost 3 hours to get my ticket for Leeds!

Hopefully it lives up to last year even if I did get thrown out on the Saturday night, almost get killed by a group of Mancs and get a cider can smashed round my head ^^

Amazing!

why did you get kicked out?

I can't wait for the saturday, swerving arcade fire to see pendulum for like the 5th time, Dizzee and the Libs i'll be watching.

Can someone translate the following for the...er...more mature members...

Ill

Sick

Gash

I know what they mean of course but some may not :unsure: .

Good

Good

Awful

^^

why did you get kicked out?

Ommm, basically my friends were half way in the Beer line, so I jumped over the fence (This is in main arena) to get to them, and the Security guard came n chucked me out, then me in my drunken state decided to do it again! Then they grabbed me, pulled me over the fence, threw me to the ground, put my arms behind my back, legs crossed and ripped all my bands off! Then they took me behind the stage, told me I'd hit one of them :blink: and told me that was my festival over and then took me to some help tent in the back of a car.

Worst part was, I had no phone on me as I'd broke it the night before. Eventually I got in touch with my Mum (My house number was the only number I knew off the top of my head) and she rang my cousin who came and saw me on the outside of the Festival.

I got back in, in the end. My friends play in a band who share the same producer as Funeral for a friend who were playing on the Friday so they all grabbed some VIP bands and took theirs off and gave me it :):)

Edited by Kohen

• 11 months later...

never been to a festival before..was thinkin of doin one this year what would people recommend?

work at the festivals, and T in the park seems to have the best vibe and line ups, its the one am most jealous that am not with all the fans. Wakestock if yer still in yer teens or a hippy. Avoid V fest if your goin for music absolutely shocking performances. BBC big weekend is good if yer jus goin for a day out with the kids. ive never been bestival but my uni mates say its the best(excuse the pun)