IGNORED

Tv Connections Quiz (6)

It'd be even more impressive if it was the right answer :lol: .

Was Herbert Asbury (no t) who wrote "Gangs of New York" and I can't find any mention of an Asbury (or Astbury) at Fulham. Doesn't mean it's neccessarily the wrong answer, could just be spelt wrong :) .

And someone called Lennon was Everton's groundsman the last I heard Bill....a couple of years back so he may be gone....but the name stuck with me for fairly obvious reasons B) .

Herbert Astbury wrote Gangs of New York and Mr Astbury is the groundsman at Fulham, I thank you and good night. ;)

Herbert Astbury never visited Craven Cottage, I've seen the attendance sheets but we are looking for a very famous person :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PS Mike the present GP groundsman is John from Melling, he used to be an assistant at my local golf club. He got me four rolls of good old Goodison Park turf that grace part of my front garden!

The connection between, New York gangsters and Craven Cottage!!

During June 1998 two lesser known, but never the less very dangerous New York members of the mob, were paying a visit to London.Taking full advantage of this, the CIA who have an underground bunker beneanth Harrods, managed to see to it that these two gansters met with an accident!!

That was the easy part.....the bodies!

Fulham were having their pitch relayed that summer, and beneanth the penalty area at the river end Jimmy"the gun"Johnson, and Wez Griffen, have found their resting place.

Fulham will never move from Craven Cottage.........and as far as I know, only a few people are aware of this strange but true story!

Guest efctaxi

During June 1998 two lesser known, but never the less very dangerous New York members of the mob, were paying a visit to London.Taking full advantage of this, the CIA who have an underground bunker beneanth Harrods, managed to see to it that these two gansters met with an accident!!

Fulham were having their pitch relayed that summer, and beneanth the penalty area at the river end Jimmy"the gun"Johnson, and Wez Griffen, have found their resting place.

Fulham will never move from Craven Cottage.........and as far as I know, only a few people are aware of this strange but true story!

:lol:

So it's nothiing to do with David Healey then ?

You don't know how close you are 250.........................................................................not very is the answer :lol:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Al Capone is the gangster and capone seeds are used on the Fulham grass or st Valentines day massacre and Fulhams heaviest home defeat was on St valentines day. I've got tons of these answers. :P

and none of them right, :D:D:D

sorry Beard its nothing to do with Capone who was Chicago based anyway :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Guest efctaxi
Clue, for all you Blue eyes, the answer isn't an American :D

Can I add a bonus question Jimmy ?

What is the connection between an American gangster and the grass at St James park ? :lol:

Clue, for all you Blue eyes, the answer isn't an American :D

In that case, it sounds like the answer would be loyal Fulham fan Hugh Grant. He played the boyfriend of a NY mafia boss' daughter in "Mickey Blue Eyes," and he also worked as an assistant groundsman at Craven Cottage in the 70s.

In that case, it sounds like the answer would be loyal Fulham fan Hugh Grant. He played the boyfriend of a NY mafia boss' daughter in "Mickey Blue Eyes," and he also worked as an assistant groundsman at Craven Cottage in the 70s.

Absolutely spot on JD well done mate you put the Brits to shame mate, excellent :D:D:D:D

Guest efctaxi
Can I add a bonus question Jimmy ?

What is the connection between an American gangster and the grass at St James park ? :lol:

Well done with Jimmys question .

Anyone know the answer to the above ?

Clue : Nasty piece of work

Guest efctaxi
Apologies Taxi I didn't notice your post, just saw that JD had got the correct answer. Why don't you set your question separately, it'll give me a break while I recover

No worries mate .

It's only something I discovered whilst trying to find the answer to your post .

Apparantly Joey Barton now listens to Frank Sinatra ( Blue eyes ? ) before every game , to calm down :)