IGNORED

Alex Smithies

What is it with this obsession for buying young Keepers and never playing them. Capped at under 19 level seems rings a bell, i think i've heard that before.

Was'nt both Ruddy and Turner capped at junior and u21 levels. ?? in fact if i'm not mistaken i think Turner made the full Scotland squad on several occasions.

Ruddy has played for eight clubs, and he's only 22. We seem to be giving him all the experiane we can get. I hope that we don't replace Carlo Nash when he goes and keep Turner/Ruddy on the bench. They both seems to be well rated within the footballing world. Ray Clemance said that Ruddy was a future England goalkeeper.

It would be a shame to see their talents wasted, I hope they turn into our regular keepers when Howard & Nash leave permanantly. As an answer to Bill's question I think that Turner has been in the Scotland squad but never actually played meaning no caps. The only caps he does possess are six at U-21 level.

• 4 weeks later...
Turner will leave but I hope we keep Ruddy. Lots of talk about Ruddy being a very good keeper and Turners hip being long term injury doubt. That said, we do seem to have an obsession with young keepers :)

Simonsen (Though this deal was very dodgy), Turner, Ruddy the list of young keepers that we ruin goes on. According to the Mirror we will sign Smithies link As someone else said any young keeper is mad to come to us. Also apparently Turner was shite when on loan at Forest and is now crocked again so I think he will be going. Don't know much about Ruddy though think he was on loan at Chester for a while and did OK.

I think i remember readin somewhere that Ruddy was Moyes number one Keeper of the future as it where! He gets glowin reports wherever he goes on loan and weve turned down offers of permanent deals so he must be well thought off! Met him aswell just after he signed and he seemed really nice hes only 22 isnt he?