IGNORED

Talking To The Enemy

jamiemaher85

This weeks instalment has been brought to you by the wonderful people at www.thfctalk.com

1) You've picked yourselves up again after a poor start to the season. What are your views on your season as a whole?

Gomessi: A complete failure. I was expecting at least 65points so even if we win our remaining 3 its still a failure. After 2 points from 8 games (heard that a lot) I'm pleased with the impact harry and the coaching staff have made overall.

RuFuS: Totaly relieved that we're not Newcashle and going to the Carling cup final was a bonus. If we had either RK or JD available for that game we could have got a result. Harry despite my reservations has done the biz for us. As the T shirt says: 2pts, 8 games,1 hero.

TURKISH: Considering the awful start very good, it goes to show much of a shambles we truly were. You can't keep changing your squad every year and buying foreign players. To even be in with a shout of european qualification is a masterstroke from Harry, he even got us to another cup final which we were very unlucky I felt.

Gino Ginelli: Dissapointing. The pre-season was dominated by the high proflie Keane and Berbatov sagas, and inadequate replacements being brought in. However, much was expected of Juande Ramos and his track record. For whatever reason, be it failure to communicate with the players, lack of confidence from the players, he failed to take the success of the previous season's league cup triumph and convert into league form, which is vital for a team to challenge, never mind survive in the Premiership! In the end we started abysmally, had a couple of parody moments in re-signing Defoe and Keane, And we've come on strong enough to finish in the fuzzy familiar warmth of midtable. No offence to you guys, but I hope we get a win at yours so we can seriously contend for that coveted 7th spot!

Oh, and there was something about a player called David Brentley, or something... but I can't really remember now...

2) Despite the press touting as you as the team to break into the top 4 each year it never materialises. Do you think that the press and your fans put to much expectation on your team and what do you think needs to happen to push the club on?

Gomessi: No I like pressure. I always am and we've got a good resaon to look to break into the elite. We've got shitloads of money and that in turn increases expetations. with all respect to everton you dont have our financial muscle but you've done well because you 've given moyes tme to build a team. If we give harry time and money the potential is there to break the 70 point barrier.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

IF we arent in the europa we can go all out and try to smash the stranglehold the top 4 have. Even if we are in it we need to get the quality and numbers needed to go for all 4 competitions.

RuFuS: No one is going to break up the Sky4 until someone gets a grip on the money in football. It's the only thing that Platini has said that makes sense. How can they monopolise football and be billions of £ in debt and still paying top dollar for players. Something dont add up.

TURKISH: I think the press were naive as so was I. We got rid of 60 goals worth of attackers and replaced them with Frazier Campbell/PAV. Pav has played none stop for 15 months so it was already gonna be a tall order for him to come in from the word go and do well. Plus playing with Darren bent does help. Jol should have done a better job but he as with Ramos failed to prepare us properly for the season ahead. Since the day we nearly finised fourth we have only gone down hill in terms of how well we perform in the league, but under Harry we should give you and Villa a real go for 5th next year.

Gino Ginelli: Waaaaaaaaaay to much, at least now. Obviously the season after we finished 5th we were definately looking like we should be getting the better of Arsenal for 4th. We'd just signed Berbatov, unfortunately lost Carrick, but had 'promising' players in Huddlestone and Zokora on board. We should have kicked on there and then. But we started poorly, and Fabregas for probably the only time in his life, learned to shoot and sent Arsenal to the top of the table. We still got 5th though, so obviously the expectation was still there. Right now though, we have to happy with being a midtabble team again, pushing for the UEFA spots with yourselves and Villa

3) You will most likely spend large again this summer. What players would you like to see coming into the team and what players would you like to be shown the door?

Gomessi: A central midfield player to play with palacios - e.g. muntari, van bommel, de rossi (v unlikely). I wouldactually like to see m johnson but it seems we'll be going for players in their "prime" according to harry.

A centre forward to play with keane-e.g negredo/fabiano/trezeguet

RuFuS: Today, too many football fans of all clubs, thru TV coverage, think they know a good (carlos Kickaball) player when they see one. Until they got a spurs shirt on i reserve judgement. Players out. There's a whole raft of anti Bent,Bentley,Jenas,Zakora & Pav groups who'll put them up for adoption. They go when we've got replacements and not before

TURKISH: Well we don't need many players alot of dead wood will leave so it depends who will stay out of the first team. We ope BAE will stay as with Gomes so defence is fine. Midfield we need a left winger I hope we don't sign downing but whoever harry brings in I hope he still keeps modric for left wing as he is a little genius. We need experience players we have enough youth in our side we will need a top notch cm imo. Upfront I'm not to sure Bent gets us goals but at a price, he is very one dimensional and struggles to link up play. I would like to keep defoe, keane and pav for next season maybe with bent. So imo we only need two players next year. I would like Bastos, michael johnson and muntari (if JJ leaves). Also it only took Harry two months to replace carrick so we are very optimistic for next season.

Gino Ginelli: I want Xabi Alonso, Joe Cole and Sami Hyppia on a free. That'll never happen though. I'd expect Zokora, Taraabt, that Bentley character and (whisper) Lennon to go at a huge price.

4) During there first spell at the club doubts had been raised about Keane and Defoe's ability to forge a strong partnership together. Do you think this can work now, and what do you think is your strongest attacking line?

Gomessi: yes they can play together but I dont rate defoe as high as some spurs fans do. Keane is going through a a bad spell but form is temporary and class is permanent. Playing keane and defoe will mean we will be forced to play some orgasmic footie and I wont be complaining.

Bent cant form a partnership so thats why a lot of spurs fans want to see him sold. Pav has been playing football non stop for 15 months so we'll give him till next season to see if he can cut it. Campbell can **** off asap.

RuFuS: Personaly i don't think RK & JD works and if you add Lennon & Modric it's got to be one of the smallest attacks in football who wont win anything in the air. I feel a bit for Bent and Pav they've both spent long periods playing up front on their own with little or no support. One of them will go probably Bent and he'd do a good job for someone like wolves

TURKISH: When defoe first came to spurs he was playing upfront with keane and they scored goals togeather. Then they were our main strikers in the season we nearly finished fourth. So of course they can play togeather it just requires certain players not to hoof it up to them. Keane likes to drop deep which will leave space for defoe who has great movement. Plus you need four strikers who can offer the team another dimension to their play. At this moment in time Defoe and Keane is our strongest attacking lineup but its all horses for courses, pav might be better suited to play against everton than bent ect. Whoever is on form should play.

Gino Ginelli: I think they can work together, one is an explosive and instinctive striker (Defoe) and the other is a dynamic and creative centre forward (Keane), and can work perfectly well with each other. I think alot of pressure is heaped on them because people expect them to fail to play well together. However I think all 4 of our strikers each offer something different, and the best pair to play can be dependant on the type of opposition we are playing or what the game's situation is. Having 4 top attackers in the squad is a tacticians dream. Just ask Fergie...

5) Any youth players coming through that could catch the eye next year?

Gomessi: Maybe bostock.

RuFuS: Loads...probably but if history repeats it's self then they wont geta chance at spurs. We've a very bad record for bringing players on.

TURKISH: For once we have a cracking youth side Townsend looks to be englands next left winger. Very skillful lad who is very similar to aaron lennon. Ryan Mason, Kane, Bostock, Adam smith, Caulkar, Parret, Obika, Kasim, livermore. The list in endless they all have great potential so we will have to wait and see. My guess is watch out for Townsend and Bostock.

Gino Ginelli: I can't say I know about the youth team, but I know Bostock is supposed to be a real talent.

6) What do you feel about Everton's season?

Gomessi: performed as I expected. A very well coached organised team. I still think your football isnt the best but losing arteta was a big blow obviously. Dont interpret this as a dig but everton rarly excite me when I watch them. Maybe its the 451 and watching you without arteta there is a lack of guile in the team. Pienaar is decent player but its not enough.

Good season considering the injuries to the strikers. will be cheering for you in the fa cup final

RuFuS: Like us you've got a pile of red rubbish up the road that get all the headlines. Please win the cup. Moyes i like. If he, O'neal and Harry were managers 30 years ago there would be a top 7 or 8 teams not just the SKY4

TURKISH: Everton are a great old fashioned underated team, they have done triffic this season. I actually have a soft spot for them, great manager, good hard working players who have a passion to succeed and great fans. Everton fans deserve a successful team I remember 8 years ago things wasn't that great.

Gino Ginelli: You've done extremely well, and with an FA Cup to your name as well Moyes dogged work is starting to bear fruit. You have 2 top midfielders in Cahill and Arteta, and top CB's in Lescott and Jagielka (shame about his injury) You could do with a really prolific striker to start the goals coming in though. Alot say that Bent would suit you very well, although I would like him to stay

7) Predictions for the game?

Gomessi: No idea. Depends if we score first and whether the players canmuster some mental strength. we esaily capitualte if you havent already noticed. Bvurn away and manure to name2.

I'm going 1-2 but its more likely you;ll win because we seem to lack mental strenght as soon as we leave whl.

RuFuS: I think we can nick a 1 goal win.

TURKISH: Everton are a great side and I'm hoping with Jags out, FA Cup final round the corner, Europe already sown up we can catch you guys cold.

I personally reckon 1.1 at best 1.2 to spurs

Gino Ginelli: Personally I think we're a bit ropey away from home, especially if we go a goal down late on, our heads tend to drop and we start the old 'hoof' tactic. I think it'll be very hard for us, but if Keane/Modric/Lennon are on song then we should be giving Baines and Lescott a few nightmares