IGNORED

Mk Dons Down

As a long time resident of Wimbledon I'm delighted to see MK Dons have been relegated. If AFC Wimbledon get through their Ryman league play-offs there'll only be the GM Conference between them and with any luck they'll be up against each other the following year!! It was a disgrace what the club owners did to their fans and I wish them continued misfortune. :angry:

I really don't know the full story 'licker..the actual move away from Plough Lane was many years ago now, but that was the start of the end. It was all balls up and stupidity by the local council and the club...Plough Lane could easily have been developed, there was plenty of space and there was also the greyhound/speedway stadium 100 odd yards away which was another simple solution. The supporters were constantly furious, Selhurst Park was a nightmare to get to..it was very sad when you consider how far they came. I'd watched them playing Guildford City, my local team as a kid, in the Southern league in the sixties and to see tham play Everton on equal terms was amazing. I always had a soft spot for them and I still feel for my old mates back there. But AFC are rising fast..you never know!!

Edit..anyone remember the FA cup quarter-final in 1987? We got beat 3-1 at Plough Lane on a Sunday. First fa cup game we'd lost outside of Wembley in four years...i took a lot of stick for that result but Wimbledon were a pleasure to watch that day...or would have been if they'd been playing someone else :( . And then the glorious final the following year :lol: . I went and watched the open top bus ride (with my Everton shirt on!).

Edited by mikeo

Got us in the 5th round? Then Wimbledon got Knocked out by Spurs in Quarters Mike? im Positive ( please anyone correct)...That then led to the "Classic Cup final between Coventry City & Tottenham Hotspur.

And the Coventry fans still awake in the nights mid..screaming..Houuuccchhen..!!!

Crackin game indeed. ( Tony Daly was it that was red hot that day?)

But we didnt care as we had won the "LEAGUE"...!!!

Even more bittersweet or subliminal celebration mike vessavee Wimbledon bus & EFC top is that im pretty sure the year WImbledon beat the Shiote in the final That the Shiote ahd infact bundled us out in earlier rounds 0-1?..sure went that way.

Kharma eh.

We all cheered 4 The Don's that day ( hadnt the shiote put 7 or so past em in the league?)

My most prominent Wimbledon Memories inc "That Game" ( 94) of which Some refer to as "The Bung"...& Of course Jones Nutting The Rat in the late eighties.

Right on all counts Pat..it was the fifth round. "The Bung" ( :D not heard it called that before, but Segars achievement in avoiding the third goal was a thing to behold, as was Limpars grace in throwing himself to the ground for the pen :lol: ), we've just got on vid...a joyous day!!

Guest Reg Reagan

well by the looks of it... wimbledon were actually going down hill financially ever since they got regulated back in 2000...

Got us in the 5th round? Then Wimbledon got Knocked out by Spurs in Quarters Mike? im Positive ( please anyone correct)...That then led to the "Classic Cup final between Coventry City & Tottenham Hotspur.

And the Coventry fans still awake in the nights mid..screaming..Houuuccchhen..!!!

Crackin game indeed. ( Tony Daly was it that was red hot that day?)

But we didnt care as we had won the "LEAGUE"...!!!

Even more bittersweet or subliminal celebration mike vessavee Wimbledon bus & EFC top is that im pretty sure the year WImbledon beat the Shiote in the final That the Shiote ahd infact bundled us out in earlier rounds 0-1?..sure went that way.

Kharma eh.

We all cheered 4 The Don's that day ( hadnt the shiote put 7 or so past em in the league?)

My most prominent Wimbledon Memories inc "That Game" ( 94) of which Some refer to as "The Bung"...& Of course Jones Nutting The Rat in the late eighties.

I remember the "Bung" well it was Hans "Solo" Sagers in goal he used to live three doors down from me. I used to lob beer tins over his back fence " Catch that Sagers" - he never did, but he will always be remembered as a true blue & a cheating bastard. B);):P

Edited by Fatboyquim