IGNORED

Socceroos Move Up To 16th

They were released today, and I've got to say I couldn't believe we are that high on the FIFA World Rankings at the moment (one spot above Portugal I might add). I know rankings are very far from the be all and end all, but I'll certainly take this as progress for Australian football. Well done Aussie lads :)

Is it any wonder with the amount of shit teams you play?

I realise that, but I would have thought through all the calculations considering the teams we've beaten recently and their rankings that it would still place lower than 16th, at the highest I would have said 25th.

They were released today, and I've got to say I couldn't believe we are that high on the FIFA World Rankings at the moment (one spot above Portugal I might add). I know rankings are very far from the be all and end all, but I'll certainly take this as progress for Australian football. Well done Aussie lads :)

Australia are a decent team so sixteenth dosen't come as that much of a surprise. Once they get back into the World Cup that ranking could slip down as the teams that Socceroos face are not that much of a challenge. The part that shocked me most about the rankings was Russia being one place above England :o

203 San Marino

203 Anguilla

203 Monterseratt

203 American Samoa

203 Papa New Guinea

Failures :lol:

Goes to show that the points system isnt all that fair, If Austrilia can be 16th "best in the world" after only playing minlows then FIFA need to sort out this points system.

I rate australia at the same level ( maybe a tat better, but not for long :) ) as Belgium, but belgium are on the 40th place.

Not taking a piss, But i'd like to see Australie qualify for a european or world cup in a group with spain turkey and Bonsia...

Poor system.

Edit: Mentioning Bonsia might raise some eyebrows, but they made Belgium look like a provencial club at times a few months ago.

+ WTF is Switzerland doing on place doing at place 13 :o :o

Edited by Churinga

Australia are a decent team so sixteenth dosen't come as that much of a surprise. Once they get back into the World Cup that ranking could slip down as the teams that Socceroos face are not that much of a challenge. The part that shocked me most about the rankings was Russia being one place above England :o

203 San Marino

203 Anguilla

203 Monterseratt

203 American Samoa

203 Papa New Guinea

Failures :lol:

It's a pity for them, they obviously haven't got much better since in the video.

Edited by TC.

Football is catching up all over the world. No namers like Mphela constantly step up and beat 'world class' GKs like Casillas with stunning free kicks.

Don't doubt the group or the teams. Australia's group isn't a push over. They go to shitty 5000 capacity stadiums in Qatar and have to play defensively as these teams are super kamikaze, especially Japan, who on their day, are definately not a push over.

Doubt the ratings though, indeed. :lol:

Football is catching up all over the world. No namers like Mphela constantly step up and beat 'world class' GKs like Casillas with stunning free kicks.

Don't doubt the group or the teams. Australia's group isn't a push over. They go to shitty 5000 capacity stadiums in Qatar and have to play defensively as these teams are super kamikaze, especially Japan, who on their day, are definately not a push over.

Doubt the ratings though, indeed. :lol:

Adding to that, usually temperatures in certain countries we have to play around different parts of Asia can reach around 40 degrees celsius, not exactly ideal conditions for some of the lads who play regularly in middle of Winter European weather B)

• 3 weeks later...