IGNORED

England's World-cup 23

Have a play (your squads/formations).

I've gone for the 'Jose Mourinho' 2 players for each position...

................................James/Green.............................

G.Johnson/G.Neville...Terry/Jagielka...Ferdinand/Lescott....A.Cole/Baines

...................Barry/Beckham.......Carrick/Huddlestone..............

............................Lampard/J.Cole..............................

Walcott/Lennon........................................Gerrard/A.Johnson

..............................Rooney/Defoe..............................

23rd player: Peter Crouch

If Jags doesn't make it fitness wise I'd have King (fitness?) and then Upson. I went Jags and Lescott as back-up as they've already built a partnership at club level in the past.

The formation is built around Rooney, if we want to win the World Cup we must play our best player in his best position.

I've gone for Walcott/Lennon/Johnson as they are direct wingers who could run at any team and with Crouch as the wildcard anything can happen with his height.

I struggled for back-up at RB but Neville has the experience and still can put a quality ball in the box.

I would also drop Huddlestone for Hargreaves if fit enough.

I think Milner is one of the best players in the Prem atm and I would definately have him in there ahead of most of the midfielders in your squad.

RB definately looks like a weak link but I wouldnt select Neville. In fact apart from Johnson I dont know who I would play there, all the options are pretty poor. Maybe Micah Richards but he has also been pretty poor.

I also wouldnt take Lescott as he is dodgy at the best of times and would need a leader like Terry or Jags next to him (which I you do suggest). Id be more tempted to take Upson.

Also in the GK department I would take and start Hart. All the GK's are dodgy in one way or another and I figure you might as well take the young guy and give him game time and experience. If he cocks up then oh well, I gaurentee that any GK we take to the WC will fuck up but Id rather the younger guy learn from them than someone like James or Green make the same mistakes over and over again.