IGNORED

Lennon Airport To Chester

tgb32

Depends on how much time you have, and how imperative it is that you get there.

Trains and Buses involve too many transfers and take too much time, never done it myself but i would think about going by taxi. 27 miles is going to cost a few bob if your traveling alone, with 3 or 4 its not too bad.

Try these for a quote .............

http://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/Transfer/Chester-LPL/Liverpool/ . Good luck.

Just had another look and the train passes JL but the stations are before or after so a little bus ride or taxi ride to the station and it goes direct to Chester.

johnlennon-chester.jpg

You need to get to the Garston Station at Speke road/ Woolton road.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE BOTTOM LINE OR YOU WILL END UP IN WIDNES AND WIGAN IF YOU GET THE TOP LINE.

Bottom line goes through Runcorn to Chester, not sure of the frequency or the times. ;)

Bill, Garston station no longer exists! It was knocked down and merged with Allerton(?) to make Liverpool South Parkway.

The airport to Chester is really awkward, there are no direct services and it'd probably take you 2-3 hours trying to bus it and Taxi would be upwards of £60.

The quickest way is to get a taxi to Liverpool South Parkway and the train to Chester (involves one change at Liverpool Central or Lime Street - depends which train you get) which would take about 2 hours in total (including taxi ride).

If you don't want a taxi there's a bus called Airlink 501 which will take you to Liverpool South Parkway (journey time around 10 minutes). They're due every 20mins.

http://www.liverpool...-Parkway-Li.pdf

Total cost of journey around £15 (about half that if you get Airlink 501 - I took the Airlink 500 recently and the service was really good.)

Now, don't say we don't help!!

Bill, Garston station no longer exists! It was knocked down and merged with Allerton(?) to make Liverpool South Parkway.

The airport to Chester is really awkward, there are no direct services and it'd probably take you 2-3 hours trying to bus it and Taxi would be upwards of £60.

The quickest way is to get a taxi to Liverpool South Parkway and the train to Chester (involves one change at Liverpool Central or Lime Street - depends which train you get) which would take about 2 hours in total (including taxi ride).

If you don't want a taxi there's a bus called Airlink 501 which will take you to Liverpool South Parkway (journey time around 10 minutes). They're due every 20mins.

http://www.liverpool...-Parkway-Li.pdf

Total cost of journey around £15 (about half that if you get Airlink 501 - I took the Airlink 500 recently and the service was really good.)

Now, don't say we don't help!!

Bloody hell, I dont think I'll bother, was gonna visit a friend but thats a hell of a jorney

Louis.. The quickest way is to get a taxi to Liverpool South Parkway and the train to Chester (involves one change at Liverpool Central or Lime Street - depends which train you get) which would take about 2 hours in total (including taxi ride).

Surely if he gets the train in the opposite direction its direct to Chester via Runcorn.

I don't think there's a decent service at Runcorn from LSP. He'd have to go to Warrington and change twice, easier and cheaper to stay on Merseyrail.

Had a look at the trainline website and it's only 1hr15mins on train - so maybe an hour and a half and not 2 hours.

still, 18quid for a day cant be far off a train and bus ticket, saves a buttload of time (in theory). Add on a 1/2 a tank o diesal into the equation mind you but still, saving the time on the journey and having that flexability would be strong arguements to make me think!

which company is 18 a day?