IGNORED

Yakubu

Matt

Just thought I'd point something out in 15 games he has scored 5 goals (i know not great) whilst at the same time contributed 11 assists. So for all you yak bashers you need to understand he has been involved in 16 goals this season after just playing 15 games. also 5 of these games have been sub appearances. thanks

Edited by Andy Campbell

Cahill has been playing deeper for the most part for the past month at least.

Being a workhorse is part of Cahill's game, it's what makes him the player he is. But Yak's game is to hold up the ball, bring others into play, and score goals. Why try and change his game when he's effective enough as is he is? We've ruined enough strikers in recent times by trying to change their games, I'd hate the Yak to be another victim of this. He's not a kid that you can still mould into what you want, his game is set and Moyes bought him because his game is quality.

I can see what your saying but nobody wants to turn him into another AJ though.

I would be perfectly happy if he got back to the way he was playing in his first season for us. That was undoubtedly the hardest he has ever worked and low and behold he was rewarded with his best goals tally!

To be fair he is showing a few glimpses of getting back to that form.

Just thought I'd point something out in 15 games he has scored 5 goals (i know not great) whilst at the same time contributed 11 assists. So for all you yak bashers you need to understand he has been involved in 16 goals this season after just playing 15 games. also 5 of these games have been sub appearances. thanks

Check your stats Andy, I think you'll find thats not correct, in fact he has nowhere near that many assists. Last time i looked Fabregas and Lampard were leading the "Assists league" with 13 each for the whole season. Yakubu was'nt shown at all.

In the Telegraph Fantasy Football he has a total of 62 points.

Five goals@5 = 25.

Eight games started@2 = 16.

Fourteen subs@1 = 14.

One yellow card = -2.

53 total. Assists are worth three so that gives him three...they use OPTA (but I'm not sure about the winning a penalty question).

That's league and FA Cup only. He's appeared in another ten, six starts and four as sub, in the league and Europa so I don't know about assists in those.