IGNORED

Gilberto Silva

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6218370,00.html

I'd have thought his wages would be very high and i don't think we need any more central midfielders

Depending on his price and wages i would take him.

Moyes is thought to be after a experienced midfielder to bolster the squad and he fits the bill perfectly... he is a quality player with bags of experience. Still gets a game in the Brazil team so he surely good enough for us. I wouldnt say no to him but as you say his wages might be high so it depends on that.

Depending on his price and wages i would take him.

Moyes is thought to be after a experienced midfielder to bolster the squad and he fits the bill perfectly... he is a quality player with bags of experience. Still gets a game in the Brazil team so he surely good enough for us. I wouldnt say no to him but as you say his wages might be high so it depends on that.

wouldn't jump the gun there, brazil and the premierleague, very different ballgames...djemba djemba, kleberson....

what the hell has djemba got to do with brazilian football? :blink: have i missed something again? :unsure:

he doesn't, i messed up my post...i meant to make another point and just didn't. flicking back and forth whilst in work, i missed out a quite important chunk it seems :lol:

let ya off then :P i presumed the point mainly being made was that he was shite which is obvious i guess :lol:

i forget exactly what i was goign to say, but it was along the lines of international players than impress and end up at big clubs are shite, which should make more sense now...i meant to split djemba from kleberson though obviously.

:unsure:

oh aye yeah..throw in diao after the last world cup too..along with diouf at the shite..think you're a bit harsh on silva though i mean he has done it in the prem

i didnt mean it to come across like that either haha. what i meant was, he's moved on, old legs and that...the point i was trying to make is that you can have a good world cup or whatever but not necessarily be good enough to play in the prem, in his case he was a very good prem player, but i think he's past it...plus he has melo to help him out, whos class and been the better of the 2 so far for me.

Fair point.... Cant help thinkin that Rodders especially could learn a lot from the old boy about positioning/reading the game etc.

But should that happen to the detriment of Fellaini's development? Let's not forget that before his injury Fellaini was looking like a monster of a DM already.

But should that happen to the detriment of Fellaini's development? Let's not forget that before his injury Fellaini was looking like a monster of a DM already.

Chuck the Dutch destroyer into the equation & I'm round to your way of thinkin on this one Mark totally. would be a waste of wages.

We already have Neville, Heitinga, Fellaini, Rodwell, Arteta, Cahill and Osman - all these players can play in a central midfield role, 3 of them can play an attacking midfield role, and up to 5 can play defensive midfield, however we only have 3 out and out wide players: Gosling, Pienaar and Bily.

With that in mind shouldn't our focus be on bringing in a winger, preferably a right winger, with a bit of pace or technical ability?

I don't have a bad word to say about Silva, but we just don't need him, Fellaini and Rodwell will get experience just fine without him.

We already have Neville, Heitinga, Fellaini, Rodwell, Arteta, Cahill and Osman - all these players can play in a central midfield role, 3 of them can play an attacking midfield role, and up to 5 can play defensive midfield, however we only have 3 out and out wide players: Gosling, Pienaar and Bily.

With that in mind shouldn't our focus be on bringing in a winger, preferably a right winger, with a bit of pace or technical ability?

I don't have a bad word to say about Silva, but we just don't need him, Fellaini and Rodwell will get experience just fine without him.

none of them are wide players

sorry? Gosling plays RM, Pienaar, play LM, and Bily plays either RM/LM. I know they are not wingers but I used the word wide meaning the sides of the pitch as opposed to the middle.

by that token, then cahill has played wide, as has arteta.

gosling is a righback/central midfielder

pienaar is a central attacking midfielder as is bily, we have just chosen to push them out.

either way, pienaar has worked, but other than that, i dont think the other 2 can be considered for a wide midfield role.it doesn't matter anyway, you're point is still valid, plenty central and not enough wide

Edited by CraccerC