IGNORED

United Target Torres

Fernando Torres could form a formidable strikeforce with Ruud van Nistelrooy and Wayne Rooney at Manchester United next season.

Reports indicate that Sir Alex Ferguson is closing in on a £25million deal for Spain international Torres, who will lead the attack for his country in Wednesday's World Cup Group H clash against Ukraine in Leipzig.

The Atletico Madrid striker, 22, weighed in with 13 goals in La Liga last season as the capital club finished 10th.

But he won numerous plaudits for his all-round displays and has leapt ahead of Raul in the national team's pecking order after scoring seven times in 11 World Cup qualifiers.

And instead of Torres replacing van Nistelrooy at Old Trafford, Ferguson is now keen to pair them together, with Rooney completing a fearsome attacking trio.

United know they need to match the firepower of Chelsea if they are to have any chance of wresting the Premiership crown back from Stamford Bridge.

And with Jose Mourinho able to call upon Andriy Shevchenko, Hernan Crespo and Didier Drogba, Ferguson is determined to assemble an equally robust set of strikers ahead of the 2006/7 campaign.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fernando Torres could form a formidable strikeforce with Ruud van Nistelrooy and Wayne Rooney at Manchester United next season.

Reports indicate that Sir Alex Ferguson is closing in on a £25million deal for Spain international Torres, who will lead the attack for his country in Wednesday's World Cup Group H clash against Ukraine in Leipzig.

The Atletico Madrid striker, 22, weighed in with 13 goals in La Liga last season as the capital club finished 10th.

But he won numerous plaudits for his all-round displays and has leapt ahead of Raul in the national team's pecking order after scoring seven times in 11 World Cup qualifiers.

And instead of Torres replacing van Nistelrooy at Old Trafford, Ferguson is now keen to pair them together, with Rooney completing a fearsome attacking trio.

United know they need to match the firepower of Chelsea if they are to have any chance of wresting the Premiership crown back from Stamford Bridge.

And with Jose Mourinho able to call upon Andriy Shevchenko, Hernan Crespo and Didier Drogba, Ferguson is determined to assemble an equally robust set of strikers ahead of the 2006/7 campaign.

Real Madrid will get him.

tell ya what if manure get him just think what the prem will be like next season, loads of quality players e.g. sheva, lampard, henry, fat bastard rooney & cahill :P etc. just hope we get a few more top signings in, cant wait for next season now

liverpool cant afford 25 mill full stop they are in dire straights untill they offload dead wood the wage bill is crippling them. :lol:

29502[/snapback]

Thats what you think ;)

Rafa has signed a new contract because he got money to spend. The investment deal is supposed to be close.

Thats what you think ;)

Rafa has signed a new contract because he got money to spend. The investment deal is supposed to be close.

29577[/snapback]

Youve got money to spend? Dont make me laugh, you needed to sell Cisse before you could buy anyone thats why Benitez seen his ass and wanted compensation

Youve got money to spend? Dont make me laugh, you needed to sell Cisse before you could buy anyone thats why Benitez seen his ass and wanted compensation

29616[/snapback]

We already have 'bought' Mark Gonzalez, Gabriel Palletta and Fabio Aurelio. But Aurelio is on a free, so ill let you go. You can laugh again if you want to. ;)

5 million pounds and a bit, you know appearances money and all that. TBH I dont agree with the 'Liverpool have got no money' argument. I expect my team to spend around 15-20 million + player sales. I could be wrong, big time but i'm usually confident in the summers, although Diouf and Diao tired their best to get the SMILE :) out of my face come summertime.

Yeah he would be  :rolleyes:

Wonder what you would say if it was Rafa and not Ferguson looking at him?

31220[/snapback]

I said that he was overrated. I never said that he is a bad player. Do you think he is worth 25 million pounds? He is quick, nifty, and good in the air. He took Barcelona apart all on his own for Atletico twice in 3 occasions. But he lacks consistency. He is world class one day and invisible the next. I've watched him for about a season and half now and think that he will improve both in quality and consistency, but is still waay overrated.

Atletico have offered Torres and want Horseface and 14 million pounds. Dont think he's worth that much. And i doubt we can afford 20 + million on one player.

And Rafa WAS looking at Torres. Atletico are demanding a LOT of cash for the lad. He's a talent. But if am looking to spend 20 million on one player, i'd rather spend it on David Villa than Torres.