IGNORED

Manchester United Fan Here

Alba.

First of all i'm not here to annoy you. I follow Everton pretty closely as im a massive fan of Moyes and the work he has done for the club, most people ( or atleast United fans) consider him to be a younger version of Fergie (usually good team spirit, plays youth ect)

Can i ask whats wrong? You're squad may be small but its extremely strong. How are the ( level headed ones) fans feeling towards Moyes, are you at the point where you want him to leave?

Edited by Alba.

Hi Alba,

I believe it comes down to our team selections and lack of funds to be honest. Moyes continually plays players out of position, and this season (other seasons as well for that matter too) they've been shit in the roles they are forced into e.g. Osman at right mid, Heitinga in midfield, Bilyaletdinov as a winger etc. But the thing is we have no choice but to play these players out of position due to a lack of funds; even simply signing someone like Landon Donovan in the summer would have helped solve our right side of attack problem greatly, but we didn't have enough money for him. :(

As well after a bad start I think the morale is really down amongst the squad, hence why players haven't been performing as well as they have been known to. I think eventually we'll come good (hopefully sooner rather than later), but in the mean time it's very frustrating. :(

Good luck for the rest of the season mate :)

First of all i'm not here to annoy you. I follow Everton pretty closely as im a massive fan of Moyes and the work he has done for the club, most people ( or atleast United fans) consider him to be a younger version of Fergie (usually good team spirit, plays youth ect)

Can i ask whats wrong? You're squad may be small but its extremely strong. How are the ( level headed ones) fans feeling towards Moyes, are you at the point where you want him to leave?

I still think Moyes is the right man for the club. The last 2 games aside we have been playing well but our lack of options up front is costing us at the moment

We desperately need a decent CF and a RW and have done so for quite a while now but a lack of funds is preventing Moyes from solving those problems.

Incredibly there are some supporters getting on his back already many even suggesting Martin Oniel should replace him ( I Know totally ridiculous given that he has just walked out on Villa because the Chairman wouldnt give him more money and he had a kings ransom there compared to what we could give him!)

Most of the critisiscm levelled at him is down to playing players out of position and yet thier all clamouring for him to play a young RB in midfield which I find slighly ironic.

I think a lot of people got a bit carried away in the summer in terms of expectations and that coupled with our poor start has inevitably caused a lot of frustration but Im sure Moyse will turn it around eventually. I just hope he does it sooner rather than later before our season is over.

Moyse has got it wrong in the last couple of games and he does make some poor drcisions tactically so I would question wether or not he is ready to be Fergusons succesor but he is certainly the best manager we could hope for.

Personally i would be gutted if he left but I suspect there would be quite a few who would disagree and the number of those fans will increase rapidly until we start winning games

He's nothing like Ferguson apart from them both being Scottish. Moyes hasn't got the balls or bottle to make big decisions for a start.

What's wrong? Well most of the problem lies with Moyes tbh. He's playing players out of position - would your team play Berbatov at the back? Because Moyes is pushing Fellaini upfront when he's proved he's a class DM, which in turn means we have a substandard DM playing in Heitinga, so the defence has got pretty shit protection - hence why we're conceding in every game.

He's also playing too defensive. 1 upfront against BRENTFORD, FFS. His philosophy is far too cautious, and he doesn't have the tactical mind to sort it out when it's not going well and go on the attack. We should have set up last night in an attacking way, possibly with 2 upfront, and looked to give our season a confidence boost. Did we? NO.

Then you've got his, quite frankly, baffling substitutions. We can be losing a game and he'll bring another striker on but take the striker we already have on off. So we're still trying to find a way back into games with one man upfront. The man is a tactical retard in all honesty. People go on about maybe he just needs to learn not to make the same mistakes over and over again - well, he's been in the job for 8+ years now and he hasn't learned so far. It's a joke.

The situation isn't helped by us having fuck all to spend and the players seemingly not pulling their weight.

All in all, we're in the shit in every possible way right now.

I still think Moyes is the right man for the club. The last 2 games aside we have been playing well but our lack of options up front is costing us at the moment

We desperately need a decent CF and a RW and have done so for quite a while now but a lack of funds is preventing Moyes from solving those problems.

Incredibly there are some supporters getting on his back already many even suggesting Martin Oniel should replace him ( I Know totally ridiculous given that he has just walked out on Villa because the Chairman wouldnt give him more money and he had a kings ransom there compared to what we could give him!)

Most of the critisiscm levelled at him is down to playing players out of position and yet thier all clamouring for him to play a young RB in midfield which I find slighly ironic.

I think a lot of people got a bit carried away in the summer in terms of expectations and that coupled with our poor start has inevitably caused a lot of frustration but Im sure Moyse will turn it around eventually. I just hope he does it sooner rather than later before our season is over.

Moyse has got it wrong in the last couple of games and he does make some poor drcisions tactically so I would question wether or not he is ready to be Fergusons succesor but he is certainly the best manager we could hope for.

Personally i would be gutted if he left but I suspect there would be quite a few who would disagree and the number of those fans will increase rapidly until we start winning games

coleman has much more attacking quality for a right sided player than anyone else at the club yet he can't defend(he got tore apart last night by a league 1 winger) so i don't think it's that ridiculous to suggest..anyways he is probably classed as a wing back i'd say so i wouldn't claim right mid is massively out of position

coleman has much more attacking quality for a right sided player than anyone else at the club yet he can't defend(he got tore apart last night by a league 1 winger) so i don't think it's that ridiculous to suggest..anyways he is probably classed as a wing back i'd say so i wouldn't claim right mid is massively out of position

True but he is meant to be a RB and the only way he is going to develop is if he gets games in that position so last night was the ideal opportunity. Anyway I didnt say it was ridiculous I said it was ironic

It was only a couple of weeks ago that Moyes was getting slated in here for not playing him in the Prem at RB and now people seem to have finally woken up to the fact that he isnt good enough defensively yet.

I would agree in the Prem he should give him a go at RM to give him more experience but I would still like to see him develop into our long term RB

He's nothing like Ferguson apart from them both being Scottish. Moyes hasn't got the balls or bottle to make big decisions for a start.

What's wrong? Well most of the problem lies with Moyes tbh. He's playing players out of position - would your team play Berbatov at the back? Because Moyes is pushing Fellaini upfront when he's proved he's a class DM, which in turn means we have a substandard DM playing in Heitinga, so the defence has got pretty shit protection - hence why we're conceding in every game.

He's also playing too defensive. 1 upfront against BRENTFORD, FFS. His philosophy is far too cautious, and he doesn't have the tactical mind to sort it out when it's not going well and go on the attack. We should have set up last night in an attacking way, possibly with 2 upfront, and looked to give our season a confidence boost. Did we? NO.

Then you've got his, quite frankly, baffling substitutions. We can be losing a game and he'll bring another striker on but take the striker we already have on off. So we're still trying to find a way back into games with one man upfront. The man is a tactical retard in all honesty. People go on about maybe he just needs to learn not to make the same mistakes over and over again - well, he's been in the job for 8+ years now and he hasn't learned so far. It's a joke.

The situation isn't helped by us having fuck all to spend and the players seemingly not pulling their weight.

All in all, we're in the shit in every possible way right now.

Lol I think that statement is a bit ridiculous!

I do feel a bit sorry for Moyes because the reason he is playing players out of position is through neccesity. We havent got a decent CF at the club nor have we got a decent RW/RM so he has been shuffling the pack to try and find a solution.

I dont get why people are slating him for playing Johnny H as a DM either, he played brilliantly there last season so why is it so wrong of Moyse to expect him to do a job there now?

I can also understand why we dont play 2 up front, we havent got any decent forwards so picking one is hard enough

I totally agree that Felli should stay as a DM and I would say Heitinga is better as a CB. Im also sure Moyes is fully aware of that and wants to play then there but he had to try something. It hasnt worked and Im sure Moysie is acutely aware of that

Im sure if Anichebe was fit he would play him on the right and everybody else would go back into thier normal positions

We havent suddenly become a bad team we just need 2 signings and I think we would be a very good side in fact. As always money is the problem not Moyes

I tried to say that we hadnt moved on from last season in the summer when everybody was getting carried away with all this best squad for 30 years bull shit and got shot down. Now it is becoming clear that we still have the same old deficiencies and people are getting frustrated

Lol I think that statement is a bit ridiculous!

My point was that currently Berbatov is their best player and before his injury Fellaini was ours, but you wouldn't see Berbatov being moved to a different position now where he'd be less effective.

They've found a way to get him playing to his max and Moyes found that if you play Fellaini as a DM then he'll shine. He looks crap uptop, just because he's tall doesn't mean he should be put there, we do have other options for the attacking mid role - you could have any one of Arteta, Pienaar, Osman, or Bily there. We'd keep the ball on the ground (I'd hope) and they all have quick feet and can pick a pass, so we would maybe have more of a chance of breaking through sides who sit back and defend against us. Putting Fellaini up there is putting a square peg in a round hole, whereas putting one of those 4 there is only a slightly misshapen round peg ;). The United and Newcastle games showed that it didn't work but he still went for it again against Brentford, so if he's acutely aware it doesn't work then he's got a funny way of showing it. The Brentford game would have been an ideal opportunity to go with it but he went with something that hasn't worked when we needed a positive result, that is insanely frustrating for me.

I'm not calling for him to be sacked, I don't think there's any one else who could cope with the restrainsts he's under, but what I do want is for him to take his head out of his own arse and do something, because right now he's doing jack shit.

They've found a way to get him playing to his max and Moyes found that if you play Fellaini as a DM then he'll shine. He looks crap uptop, just because he's tall doesn't mean he should be put there, we do have other options for the attacking mid role - you could have any one of Arteta, Pienaar, Osman, or Bily there.

When you play Pienaar in the middle of the park, then who's going to play on the left? And do you really think Bily would be such an improvement? Playing Arteta in a deeper role isn't such a strange idea either. You see that happen increasingly more in other teams as well because that way your playmaker gets more time on the ball than when he would be playing higher up the pitch. And Moyes also isn't the only manager that has tried playing Fellaini as an attacking midfielder. Belgian national team coaches Dick Advocaat and Georges Leekens have both played him there for most of the games. And he does well there when playing for Belgium.

I do agree that Osman could (and in my opinion should) play there:

Fellaini Arteta

Coleman Osman Pienaar

Something like that.

As i have said in numerous previous posts calling for Moyes's head is ridiculous.. come on we are behaving like Kopites!

I believe Moyes is the only man to take this club forward. Saying that like every Everton supporter i am growing increasingly frustrated at his negative tactics this season.

4-5-1 at home to Newcastle and in the league cup to Brentford is dyer. We can play that 4-5-1 formation when Cahill is in the team as he is a supporting striker but without him it simply doesnt work... IMO he is too negative and restricted in his tactics this season.

I agree he needs to play his players in their best positions also.... Jonny is a centre back not a defensive mid, felli is a defensive mid although he has done a job in a attacking role when we are short but he is a class DM. Its hard to judge Beckford as he is being played up-top on his own, he is a new player to the league he clearly needs to play with another striker. Osman is shocking as a winger, its not his fault either.. he hasnt the pace or guile to beat a man sp why put him there? Also his faith in DUSTBIN is really frustrating, he had a shocker against Utd, was ok at newcastle, shocking again last night.... how many times does this fella get caught out and still he gets in the team because Moyes has a fetish for a left sided centre half.

For all the hype and rally crys to start Coleman... the simple fact is he is not good enough as a right back to start a prem game. I would try him at right mid to see if his attacking potential is worth the crys.

We have had a shocking start to the season but the knee-jerk reactions make me dissapointed in some of our fans... Show faith in Moyes and we will be re-paid. As for the likening to old purple nose Fergie, i think Moyes has the potential to become a top manager at a club like Man Utd but he isnt just quite there yet. His running of the club is 1st class, dealing with young players the same, poaching quality players on the cheap again 1st class.... he just needs to realise that sometimes you have to take a risk.

COME ON MOYES SHOW THESE BOO-BOYS THAT YOUR THE MAN TO LEAD US TO GLORY. IMWT. COYB

Edited by joemaxmooreismydad

When you play Pienaar in the middle of the park, then who's going to play on the left? And do you really think Bily would be such an improvement? Playing Arteta in a deeper role isn't such a strange idea either. You see that happen increasingly more in other teams as well because that way your playmaker gets more time on the ball than when he would be playing higher up the pitch. And Moyes also isn't the only manager that has tried playing Fellaini as an attacking midfielder. Belgian national team coaches Dick Advocaat and Georges Leekens have both played him there for most of the games. And he does well there when playing for Belgium.

I do agree that Osman could (and in my opinion should) play there:

Fellaini Arteta

Coleman Osman Pienaar

Something like that.

To play Pienaar up there we'd have to compromise and probably put Bily on the left wing, which wouldn't be the best option I acknowledge, because Bily is not a winger, but maybe the threat of Pienaar higher up the pitch would make up for that, I don't know. I do think that Bily up the pitch would be an improvement tbh; I've made no secret of the fact that I think Bily would be fantastic just behind the striker. And Arteta in a deeper role is strange actually. He's been playing in a deeper role since the start of the season and he's had absolutely no influence on games whatsoever. He's supposed to create for us and tbh he looks like a princess out there. All I'm trying to get across is that we do have other things we can try, things Moyes needs to try, because what he's come up with so far has not worked.

Yeah, Fellaini has been used an attacking midfielder for his country but he looks so much better as a defensive player where he's got more room to do his shit. Heitinga can do a job as a DM but why have someone there who can do a job when you've got another player who can boss the whole game from the defensive midfield role?

To be fair Fergie does get it wrong too. Like being 3-1 on and not taking off one of your 112 year old players to make way for someone who will close the opposition down... lol

I wouldnt say he doesnt have the balls either because he's gotten rid of players in the past that have had negative influences on the squad.

Also what is the deal with Beckford? Doesnt get seemed to get played much and if he does its never with a partner.

And Arteta in a deeper role is strange actually. He's been playing in a deeper role since the start of the season and he's had absolutely no influence on games whatsoever. He's supposed to create for us and tbh he looks like a princess out there. All I'm trying to get across is that we do have other things we can try, things Moyes needs to try, because what he's come up with so far has not worked.

Question is whether that is down to Moyes tactics or to Arteta's form?

Yeah, Fellaini has been used an attacking midfielder for his country but he looks so much better as a defensive player where he's got more room to do his shit. Heitinga can do a job as a DM but why have someone there who can do a job when you've got another player who can boss the whole game from the defensive midfield role?

I agree that Fellaini is much better as a defensive midfielder, it's just that I can see why Moyes has him playing there. With Cahill and Rodwell out, we don't have an attacking midfielder (unless you pull Osman from the right, but in that case you need to find another RM, a role that Coleman might or might not be able to fulfill, who really knows better than the people he works with day in day out). Fellaini can play there and Heitinga did excellent in his role when Felli was injured, so I think it's worth a shot. This year Heitinga happens to look nowhere as good as he did last year, but is that Moyes' fault?

I just think people are really overreacting, opening threads questioning whether it's time for him to move on and stuff. I'm sure everything will come good in the end. And even if we finish in lets say 10th place, is that a reason to want Moyes to leave? Probably Moyes has taken us as far as he can, but I doubt anyone in the world will take us further without a serious money injection. I know expectations were high, but if you look at the situation rationally, you can't really expect us to finish top 6.

Edited by Steve_E

Guest Reg Reagan

we do seem to lack playing personnal in our first team and we do desperately need a new striker but then again what money do we have available?

I believe in Moyes and the work he can do... but he just doesn't have the players now that he would like to work with

we do seem to lack playing personnal in our first team and we do desperately need a new striker but then again what money do we have available?

I believe in Moyes and the work he can do... but he just doesn't have the players now that he would like to work with

....another classic. Hes only come out saying its the strongest squad hes ever had, which on paper is clear to see. So he would prefer players like he inherited from Smith?!

Edited by galacticaracnid

Guest Reg Reagan

....another classic. Hes only come out saying its the strongest squad hes ever had, which on paper is clear to see. So he would prefer players like he inherited from Smith?!

He said that? I don't think we had a strong squad since 2008-2009 season.

we have been quite competitive though

but since then we have gotten weaker. Our First team squad is really skinny and Moyes doesn't seem to have the options with the players that he had seasons ago.

He said that? I don't think we had a strong squad since 2008-2009 season.

we have been quite competitive though

but since then we have gotten weaker. Our First team squad is really skinny and Moyes doesn't seem to have the options with the players that he had seasons ago.

the only positions we are short in is Striker and RW. 2 years ago we had the Yak in form, though we have been missing a RW for.... well, as long as i can remember. However for most other positions, he has so much choice he doesnt know what to do!

I am also a support of Manchester United but closely follow Everton. When we tied 3-3 i was upset but happy that it was a quality team such as yours to get the points from us but i digress. I would love to see Everton up in the top 4 consistently and think that Moyes could do it but in the current market, its almost impossible to succeed without proper funds. I hope it can get turned around because as someone on here said, even Donovan would have been a huge addition to a team that is forced to play so many players out of position. Hope the results start going the way of the Toffees. Best of luck

• 2 weeks later...