IGNORED

New Contract For Jags

Romey 1878

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=everton-fc-ready-to-offer-phil-jagielka-new-contract-after-arsenal-bid-rejected%26method=full%26objectid=27650933%26siteid=92534-name_page.html

I love jags but I think it's ridiculous that he's going to be offered a new deal already. He's been off the boil since he's come back so I don't see why a probable pay rise should be heading his way.

the lad turned down Arnal in the summer is an England regular now and is gonna atttract unwanted attention so it makes sense to keep him on a long contract. Last thing we need ia another Pienaar situation if any players leave we need them to be leaving for the right fee not for free. Also i think Jags is quite good as it goes!!

was that before he became a regular in the England squad? Lets be honest he could earn more at another club like most of our players! Funny tho i bet we wouldnt be having this topic if the club wasnt skint!

I'll tell you when we wouldn't be having this conversation; if he was playing well, which he's not. He looks way off the boil. If he gets back to form then sure, think about giving him a new contract, but he's playing below what is expected of him. He earnt his last extension by being a brick wall for us at the back.

I was of the same opinion when Rodwell got a new 5 year deal when he was only a year or so into another 5 year deal, so I'm not going to be any different when it's one of my favourite players.

was that before he became a regular in the England squad? Lets be honest he could earn more at another club like most of our players! Funny tho i bet we wouldnt be having this topic if the club wasnt skint!

but we are? and chucking money at players who haven't earnt it when there is a player who is playin his balls off who still needs a new contract is a fuckin joke..pienaar may have made his mind up already and fair enough if so..but that doesn't mean we lob money at a fan favourite just to try and make us feel better..distin is far better than him at the moment and i would drop jags before distin

I'll tell you when we wouldn't be having this conversation; if he was playing well, which he's not. He looks way off the boil. If he gets back to form then sure, think about giving him a new contract, but he's playing below what is expected of him. He earnt his last extension by being a brick wall for us at the back.

I was of the same opinion when Rodwell got a new 5 year deal when he was only a year or so into another 5 year deal, so I'm not going to be any different when it's one of my favourite players.

Agreed. Same goes for Arteta at the moment, he signed a bumper contract but recently looks very uninterested.

but we are? and chucking money at players who haven't earnt it when there is a player who is playin his balls off who still needs a new contract is a fuckin joke..pienaar may have made his mind up already and fair enough if so..but that doesn't mean we lob money at a fan favourite just to try and make us feel better..distin is far better than him at the moment and i would drop jags before distin

Do we know what's been offered to Pienaar? Parity with Arteta? Which we believe is what? 75k?

All we're told is he's been provided with a good offer and who knows what that is!

Don't have a problem with Jags being offered an extension, though it makes a mockery of signing 5yr deals when you're renegotiating after 18-24months...

Do we know what's been offered to Pienaar? Parity with Arteta? Which we believe is what? 75k?

All we're told is he's been provided with a good offer and who knows what that is!

Don't have a problem with Jags being offered an extension, though it makes a mockery of signing 5yr deals when you're renegotiating after 18-24months...

If you dont you end up with this very same problem, players wanting to leave without us being able to aquire a transfer fee.

Should have worked on Pienaars contract 2 years ago. ;)

We did and he turnes us down

I was under the impression its only been going for the last 12 months, but even so if he wouldnt sign he should have ben sold. The ultimatum "sign or we sell" should have been given, then we could have got some money for a replacement.

This, coupled up with the Gosling saga gives me the impression that the people who work on the players contracts are not very good at it.

This is a huge loss to the club .... £10m for Pienaar and i believe i've seen somewhere that Gosling was quoted as a £4 player, I think £14m would have got us a top class replacement.

You or I would get the sack from our jobs for making massive cock-ups like these. :)

I was under the impression its only been going for the last 12 months, but even so if he wouldnt sign he should have ben sold. The ultimatum "sign or we sell" should have been given, then we could have got some money for a replacement.

This, coupled up with the Gosling saga gives me the impression that the people who work on the players contracts are not very good at it.

This is a huge loss to the club .... £10m for Pienaar and i believe i've seen somewhere that Gosling was quoted as a £4 player, I think £14m would have got us a top class replacement.

You or I would get the sack from our jobs for making massive cock-ups like these. :)

Come on I know Gosling is shit but surely worth more than £4! :P

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/07/28/everton-fc-playmaker-steven-pienaar-allays-contract-talk-fears-92534-24252654/

"The 27-year-old still has two years of his current contract remaining but negotiations have begun over a pay rise and an extended stay".

Just had a quick browse and this is the earliest article I could find about it but he had already turned us down once at this point!

• 2 weeks later...

Give Jagielka a new contract? You have got to be joking. He has been absolute rubbish all this season, all last season since his injury. And for those of you who care to remember he was shite when he came to us for nearly a whole season. So basically he has been rubbish a lot more than he has played well. He had a purple patch where he marked torres out of a game and all of a sudden he is a god! The fact is I have never seen a player mpre uncomfortable on the ball, who cant pass, constantly hoofs, and at the moment cant seem to do anything right. I suggested selling him along with some other non footballers in the summer and got ridiculed for it. we should take whatever we can get for jags, hibbert and co. who will never be good enough for everton.

Give Jagielka a new contract? You have got to be joking. He has been absolute rubbish all this season, all last season since his injury. And for those of you who care to remember he was shite when he came to us for nearly a whole season. So basically he has been rubbish a lot more than he has played well. He had a purple patch where he marked torres out of a game and all of a sudden he is a god! The fact is I have never seen a player mpre uncomfortable on the ball, who cant pass, constantly hoofs, and at the moment cant seem to do anything right. I suggested selling him along with some other non footballers in the summer and got ridiculed for it. we should take whatever we can get for jags, hibbert and co. who will never be good enough for everton.

and replace them with who? Say you got 10m for Jags, which was the figure bandied about for him recently, who can you get for 10m to replace him?

He doesnt deserve a new contract at the moment but nor should he be sold. Drop him for a couple of games and let Johnny play in his preferred place.

and replace them with who? Say you got 10m for Jags, which was the figure bandied about for him recently, who can you get for 10m to replace him?

He doesnt deserve a new contract at the moment but nor should he be sold. Drop him for a couple of games and let Johnny play in his preferred place.

If I was offered 10mil for him or anywhere near it i'd take their hand off. He looks like a poor non league player at the moment and has never been a whole lot better in my opinion. As for replacements, Gary cahill, shawcross, dann, onuoha. With 10 mil to spend i,m sure a lot of clubs would be tempted to sell. Or just sell him and play heitinga, rodwell, duffy or anyone at the club who actually looks like they want the ball and occasionally passes to one of our players

Sell Hibbert? Nobody would ever buy him, ever.

With the amount of prem experience he has i'm sure plenty of league 1/championship clubs would have him for 750k/1mil, and we wouldn,t have to pay him 25/30k a week or whatever hes on and put up with the pure shite that he serves up as a footballer.

With the amount of prem experience he has i'm sure plenty of league 1/championship clubs would have him for 750k/1mil, and we wouldn,t have to pay him 25/30k a week or whatever hes on and put up with the pure shite that he serves up as a footballer.

We are the only club that would be mad enough to play Hibbert, I highly doubt even a Championship side would be willing to take him on.

We are the only club that would be mad enough to play Hibbert, I highly doubt even a Championship side would be willing to take him on.

Well that says a lot about our great club doesn't it, and a lot about Mr. Moyes. Hibbert plays instead of coleman, and why? Because he is a good pro and everton through and through. Exactly the same reasons the majority of people on here thought it was stupid to try sell him. I dont believe every manager out there knows how bad he his, and so believe he could be offloaded if we had a manager who was ruthless enough to get rid of dead wood.