IGNORED

Walcott

and to compare the long ball with Dunc is again floored, BIG DUNC COULD HEAD THE THING!!!

32000[/snapback]

My point was that if you have a big target man up front the temptation is to start trying to land the ball on his head at every oportunity. I know Big Dunc could head the ball, but I honestly think we played better football when he wasn't starting because we actually had to work the ball. Regardless of who you've got up front, if all you do is send in long balls then the majority of them will go to waste and straight off you've given the ball away.

Its personal opinion but I do like Crouch. I didn't think he would be our first choice up front (I saw him as a good utility player for England) but it seems like we don't have a lot of options now.

but Crouch is not a target man!

32158[/snapback]

I know, that's the problem because they keep trying to play him like one!

Regardless of who you've got up front, if all you do is send in long balls then the majority of them will go to waste and straight off you've given the ball away.

32076[/snapback]

So the fact that he's not as good in the air as Big Dunc was, means that we lose possesion even more.

Edited by chronic

Going back to the point of Walcott i think that David Dein had a lot to do with him going, that may be the reason he's been voted out of the FA's head office!! The mans looking after Arsenals intrests while at the same time crapping all over ours!!! They signed him for 12 million he goes to the World Cup and comes back worth more!!!

I thought that Sven was a dopey back stabbing tosser but Dein takes the piss!!! :angry: