IGNORED

French Football's Dilemna

The French Football Federation are having a problem, they want more players who go through their INF system and club academies to represent France. At the most recent World Cup, four players from the system were in France's squad whilst 26 were in others.

In November the FFF apparently had a gentlemen's agreement to pick only players who were not eligible for another nations national team. They don't want to waste their money and resources training players who opt for other national teams. In essence, they are paying to improve their opponents.

Is it racist ?

Some media are saying that the FFF don't want black or Arab players which seems a bit of a nonsense to me.They simply want players who come through their system to want to represent France.

Pretty much.

Bacary, Sagna, Sakhou, Koscielny, Nasri, Matuidi, Diarra, Maloud, Djoarkaeff, Malouda, Benzema, Ribery could have played for another country.

From what I can gather, there is unhappiness amongst the French that France is represented by people who have are considered/thought not to be considered fully French. I have seen some media complain that sport is a meritocracy and that any quota is racist.It seems the FFF want to limit the number of players with dual-nationality to 1 in 3.