IGNORED

Neil Taylor

Neil Taylor of Swansea who was on his way to Newcastle has opted to join Everton(apparently).A friend of mine is best mates of his and he recieved a messsage off him yesterday to say he has signed for everton.I 99% believe him but if im wrong i will be ready for all the stick.C.O.Y.B

Neil taylor was playing for Wrexham in the conference at the start of last season and moved to Swansea half way through.I seen him a couple of times playing for wrexham and if someone told me he would be in the premiership this season i would have laughed my head off,as he didnt really stand out(to me).If Baines does stay(i hope he does) he need not worry about his place.Taylor needs a few more years to progress and then i dont think he would be as good as baines,but you never know with our magician of a mananger

• 2 weeks later...
Alan Pardew still remains hopeful of clinching a deal for Neil Taylor before the end of the week despite Everton trying to sign the Wales defender.

Taylor left Tyneside on Friday with the intention of informing current club Swansea that he had agreed terms on a five-year contract at St James’ Park.

There were rumours yesterday that Everton had made a late bid for his services, promising him first-team football if their England international left-back Leighton Baines was allowed to move on.

But the Chronicle claims that "sources close to the player are adamant that United remain the only club in the race for Taylor’s signature – and a deal is close to completion".

Thoughts? The third paragraph is interesting