IGNORED

The Greats

The team from the mid 80's is the one, Latchford was my first number 9 hero, but he probably couldn't touch Graeme Sharp, and Reid, Steven and Bracewell were maybe as good as Ball, Kendall and Harvey.Adrian Heath was an early Tim Cahill and probably better.

As a unit/team and at their best the mid 80's team were almost unstopable, Sheedy took better free kicks and corners than Arteta and scored way more goals from open play.

The only player from todays Everton team who could have improved them would be Baines, and maybe at his best Jagielka could have put pressure on the Mountfield/Watson position, though Mountfields goals or the amount of them were special.

The best Everton Team.....for me has to be the mid 8o's.....Dixie on the bench would have been handy.

Edited by Blue 250

First up on this...

Thanks, Mike. For some strange reason I always remember it being Arsenal! All those years and it was just a case of false memory syndrome. Now, if only I can train myself to think we won some more silverware over the last twenty years, life would be so much better.

Edited by formby