IGNORED

Statistically speaking....

Oztoffee

God, I'm bored with all this ... 'what does the future hold with Mikel gone?'...'will Moyse walk?' stuff.

Thought I'd pan out a few figures to see how we have fared over the past 10 years compared to the whole of the Prem since it started.

Prem stats say that for the whole period we are 7th of the 7 teams that have been in since the start. We follow:

Man. Utd

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Villa

Spurs

We have the 7th best 'goals for', 6th best 'goals against' (after Spurs) and 7th 'goal difference'.

For the past 10 seasons, given 20pts for first, down to 1 for 20th place the placings are as follows:

Man Utd - 210pts

Chelsea - 186

Arsenal - 182

Liverpool - 169

Spurs - 130

Everton - 125

Villa - 116

Newcastle - 101

Blackburn -100

Man City - 99

Bolton - 91

Fulham -89

Those are the teams that were in the Prem last season.

Of the rest, Middlesborough were next at 69pts,

West Ham - 63pts then it goes rapidly down to

Charlton - 50pts

Birmingham - 48 etc. etc.

'What does all this mean?' I hear you ask.

It means essentially that (i) longevity in the Prem is absolutely vital and

(ii) compared to the previous 10 seasons we are going great!

The previous 10 seasons netted us a total of 68pts! We got 125pts in the next 10 seasons, 6th overall!

Make of this what you will....at least it prevented me from having a total malfunction of the cerebral cortex:)

But please....no more whingeing!!!!

Edited by Oztoffee

It means we have a great past Premiership record. Unfortunately it means sod all for the future

You could say that, but then if you looked at man utd's statistics over the last 10 years, would you still say the same about them, great record but means nothing for the future??!!

You could say that, but then if you looked at man utd's statistics over the last 10 years, would you still say the same about them, great record but means nothing for the future??!!

Utd's past record doesn't mean much for the future. However, in the present, they are a massive cash generating monster with the most successful manager in the country & a great squad of players - even the Glazers stealing £500m of their cash flow hasn't slowed them down. This is why they'll be successful in the future, not their past record