IGNORED

Interesting article on Platini's Plans causing more trouble than they fix...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2064436/Blame-Platini-Manchester-Citys-195m-loss-Martin-Samuel.html

Try to put aside 'who' it's primarily about... and take in the essence of what he's trying to say.

Part of me agrees with him.

However, the thing that riles me - is that financial fair play should be less about 'only spend what you earn' and more about 'how can we stop the high earners overpowering the smaller clubs'. That would be my gripe.

Anyway, have a read, he does have a point.

Here's another one (slightly better) and explains it in more depth.

http://www.sportingi...-league-231101/

Superb article that.

Although, I didn't want it to be about City, just about the way Platini is formally declaring the 'in crowd' and everybody else.

He's effectively saying "If you're not a big boy now, don't bother trying to be, know your place".

He needs to think long and hard about what he's really trying to do. I can't help but think a spending cap would be fairer. If huge clubs like United and Real want to carry on making money, great - let them use the extra money to make prices cheaper, stadiums bigger etc, shareholders richer, but with Platini's rules, they can carry on outspending us all.

imo, Platini is nearly as stupid as Blatter, i wish the FA would grow a pair, and break away from all that UEFA/FIFA shite

The FA are every bit as bad. As are the Premier League.

When there's so much money and prestige in the game, it will always attract people with egotistical and financial motives, rather like politics, but on a much grander scale. Happened with the Olympic committee (and still does).

Give it 10 years and we'll all be bored of CL and PL unless they shake it up. PL's aready started to resemble La Liga and SPL! with 2/3 horse races every year.