IGNORED

Diane Abbott

Formby

Racism isn't a two way street, it just doesn't work like that.

Abbott seems to believe that because many years ago Great Britain conquered the world and arrived on foreign shores where black men sold other black men to us as slaves we must be constantly flogged for the rest of time. I havent got a slave, my parents didnt and neither did theirs ad infinitum so why is it my fucking fault? Does a slave rest easier in their shallow grave because an underqualified black woman can get a job as a professional gobshyte because she is an underqualified black woman?

Breathe, rant over

I can't speak for London cabbies, but most drivers I know will stop for a fair if they are light (empty) because they need the money. If they don't stop, they might already have a job on board or going to pick one up. Skin colour wouldn't come in to it. There are thousands of drivers from other cultures in big cities.

Grossly negligent on her part to use twitter, knowing her prominence, knowing the possible misinterpretations. Even if context is lost, she's ought to be aware of the possible interpretations.

This isn't a mouthy footballer tweeting his breakfast cereal, it's a prominent black politician making accusations of some 'whites'.

She shouldn't be fired. Her resignation would be the honourable (and unlikely) thing to offer.

Grossly negligent on her part to use twitter, knowing her prominence, knowing the possible misinterpretations. Even if context is lost, she's ought to be aware of the possible interpretations.

This isn't a mouthy footballer tweeting his breakfast cereal, it's a prominent black politician making accusations of some 'whites'.

She shouldn't be fired. Her resignation would be the honourable (and unlikely) thing to offer.

Do we have to resign everytime we do something wrong? It all gets a bit pathetic. If somebody is the right person for the job, then so be it, but too many calls for relegation are making a mockery out of our government. People are people, and they mess up, regardless who they are.

These people are running the country (or in opposition).

If you're a dustbin man and miss a bin, it's not so bad.

If you're a surgeon and make mistakes, you can't operate any more.

When a politician of some prominence, who has utilised race as her raison d'étre posts willy nilly - she's not a good judge.

We need good judges in government and opposition. NOT publicists.

She's using twitter for publicity, she's misused it, and must live with that. Resignation is the honourable thing. It's not like prison, or she's going to lose her living per se. It's about having the right person in the right job.

When Gordon Brown made his secret microphone gaffe... he had no real way of knowing he was still hooked up - an unfortunate mistake.

When Diane Abbot consciously tweets, it's not a mistake, it's significant error of judgment.

Absolutely, she should go. If a white politician were to make an equally crass comment like ‘black people love to play the race card’, I would hope they’d do the honourable thing. The fact she’s allowed to stay on shows utter weakness on the part of the Labour Party.