• Darron Gibson
    • Landon Donovan
    • Tim Cahill
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Louis Saha
    • Royston Drenthe
    • Apostolis Vellios
    • Denis Stracqualursi

The next 2 home games are against City & Chelsea, hate to be all doom and gloom but i can't see us getting anything from them, hope I'm wrong a win against either off these would give the whole place a big lift just in time for the derby

Ah, shite, I didn't realise it was against those two. Maybe we can get something off of Chelsea?

Baines may just have one assist these season, and he's clearly not playing as well as last, but it's not his fault that are strikers are playing turd. It seems ot me he has been much less attack minded this season, which is against his natural style of play. I think Moyes has told him play that way. Just my theory. Particularly noticeable in the Suprs game.

It was between Cahill and Duffy for me. I went for Tim though because he closed down all over the pitch, put in a couple of important blocks, set up a great chance for Donovan with that back-heel in the first half and took his goal well, which was all of the threat we managed to conjure before our flurry of injury-time opportunities.

nor me..but i think he's been shite by his high standards as i mentioned..and possibly we would have scored more with a striker in the area but should he be crossing if no one is there?

I suppose that is a bit like the chicken and the egg scenario but IMO he should still be trying to put crosses in to the area yes. I think its more of a failing of our forwrds than of Baines and if he isnt going to put crosses in then there is no real point in him ever going over the half way line

I think that is extremely harsh, incidentally I was listening to the Radio on the way to the match yesterday and they came out with an interesting stat, guess which player in the entire Premiership has put the most crosses in to the opposition penalty area this season? None other than Bainsey, shite my arse!

I agree, i dont think baines has been as bad as people say, but he certainly hasnt been as good this season and he might be whipping the ball in time and time again, but they are from a much deeper position than normal and we could do with him getting to the byline more. Not his fault by any means, more to do with those around him.

Regarding Felli, he hasnt been great recently but he is being completely wasted by Moyes. People used to rave about Makelele and what he did infront of the defence but Felli would shit all over him if he was played consistently in the same way the Frenchman was. Makelele in a 2 man midfield would look much more average than he did. The sooner we get him sat in front of the back four with two attacking midfielders encouraged to support the striker, the sooner we will start picking up points consistently and keeping clean sheets.