IGNORED

Africa Cup of Nations Final

Tonight on Eurosport and ITV 4.

ITV 4 - 6.45pm

Eurosport - 7pm on Eurosport

Zambia vs Ivory Coast.

Zambia have added incentive, they are also playing to honour those who died in a plane accident in 1993. The national team was killed in 1993 when their plane exploded near the stadium where the final is being held.

Should be good.

I remember something with the Surinam team back in the 1980s had a similar accident and everybody died, it was big news at the time

I won't be watching, don't really need to, this isn't Superbowl, OK it's a big event in Africa and I can appreciate that but I just feel totally indifferent. Don't know why but I expect Ivory Coast to be champions, they seem like the favorites, only supporters of British teams with respective players involved would feel like tuning in perhaps

I remember something with the Surinam team back in the 1980s had a similar accident and everybody died, it was big news at the time

I won't be watching, don't really need to, this isn't Superbowl, OK it's a big event in Africa and I can appreciate that but I just feel totally indifferent. Don't know why but I expect Ivory Coast to be champions, they seem like the favorites, only supporters of British teams with respective players involved would feel like tuning in perhaps

Guessing your American? because any game of football > Superbowl

Generalisation is there are 2 types of fan, 1) purely club fan eg. most top division armchair fans and 2) fan of football, most lower leagues fans. Anyone who is the second type would sway towards the ACN, obviously not 100% accurate as i'm a top division(and sadly mostly armchair) fan and would favour the cup final as well

I will be watching because I am a football fan and I enjoy watching football. I expect the Ivory Coast to win considering how much talent they have (Drogba, Yaya Toure etc...) and I think that it will be too much for Zambia. I do however feel that it will be a good game because Zambia are obviously playing for their friends who died in 1993 and this could give them the edge when they need it most.

I'm supporting Zambia considering they are the underdogs (in my eyes).

Oh, and I respect your opinion Kane but African Cup of Nations is 10 times better than the Superbowl.

Well of course you'd say that, you're British, i.e. there's little motivation about the Superbowl or World Series from your perspective, fair enough

Say what you like but I've never been really fussed about African soccer or it's nations tourneys, I hope they put on a show for the supporters anyway, it should be a succcessful event

Clever corner....Zambia unlucky not to score.

I was just going to say the same thing. At first I thought that he had sliced the corner but it turns out it was really well worked. The goalkeeper Barry did very well to get down to it and keep his tournament clean-sheet intact, Zambia looking the better team in the opening 5 minutes for me, one of their players is down at the moment with an injury - hope its not too serious.

Drogba complaining about the ball too, maybe it wasn't pumped up enough... Zambia not happy.

Edit: Feel so sorry for Musonda, he's having to go off with injury and he's crying his eyes out on the pitch. Nice to see Drogba coming over and giving him some comfort, I must say in the first 10 minutes there has been a lot of fair-play. The Premier League should take note!

Edited by Zoo

Zambia manager looks like a "Die Hard" villaintongue.png .

Put it this way, if he told me I wasn't playing I woulden't kick up a fuss! (although am I going to get a ban from the Admin for having never watched Die Hard?)

Zambia look by far the better side in this game and I really hope that they can find a goal. I'm pretty sure that the ball was out of the box then when the goalkeeper came to collect it and it was unfortunate that Zambia coulden't convert their latest corner (the guy fell over before he could volley it).

I've just been saying to my Ma though at how I'm impressed with the sportsmanship being shown (especially Drogba).

He actually kicked out Zambia's star player (Clifford Mulenga) before the tournament began.

Clifford Mulenga was sent home for his behaviour wasn't he?

I don't know about the earlier stages so I can't comment but on this game alone I have been very impressed with the way in which Dider Drogba has handled himself. He has played like a true captain and has set a good standard for the young Ivorians that will be playing with him in the future - fair play to him :)

They said earlier that 3 out of the past 6 African Cup of Nations have been decided on penalties, is it too early to say that this one will go the same way?

What was that penalty from Drogba!

I have to say that it was a penalty because of the two points of contact on Gervinho from the Zambia defenders but that is one of the worst penalties I have ever seen. In that situation I would have side-footed it into one of the corners rather than going for power. A man of Drogba's stature should be able to score from 12-yards. He blamed the pitch but I don't know how much of it was hiding embarrasment - amazing.

I'm pleased though, I'm really behind Zambia tonight!

wanting Zambia to win.. but I don't think they will.

Penalties so it's the lottery. Zambia's goalkeeper is known for being a good penalty taker however Barry hasn't conceded so far (and seeing as its penalties I'd count that as a tournement clean sheet). I'm rooting for Zambia and hope they do it.

Will Drogba take/score his penalty?

No way that the Zambian save should have been disallowed but happy days they have done it! Some superb penalties and I have to say that some of the ones that went over the bar could be blamed on the pitch. That penalty spot was something that you would see on a Sunday League field!

Good game to watch even though it finished 0-0 and some super cool penalties from both sets of players (especially the Zambian goalkeeper!)

VIVA ZAMBIA!

“Yes, we beat him up because he took too long to ejaculate. We were too many of us on line and the guy kept on wasting time on top of the prostitute,” said an eyewitness, identified only as James.

rofl.gif

That part made me giggle - I wonder if something similar will happen here should England do well at the Euro's?