IGNORED

Let's breathe a sigh of relief...

Why breathe a sigh of relief when Spurs were never interested in Moyes in the first place?

Maybe not, but it's nice to put an end to any speculation.

The thing is though, until we can provide DM with at least modest funds, then any reasonable sized job that comes up may just turn his head.

It appears AVB is the only person they spoke too, i reckon they had this planned all along, but that he will be gone by Christmas lol

I can't see that he'll even maintain the performance under Harry Redknapp, as much as I have an occasional dislike of him.

I do wonder what DM's thoughts were if he was offered it though...

The only sigh of relief I had was the other day when the Soccer euros ended.

And furthermore, for the benefit of this thread, David Moyes was never going to White Hart Lane anyway. So the Villas Boas guy got the position, I think they were better off with Redknapp maybe, this new guy has done well in Portugal, but what age is he, 32 or 33?, a bit young for an EPL manager I feel. Somehow I don't think it will work out for him at spurs, but once again, Moyes was never going to fill that capacity, same goes with Manchester United at any time.

And furthermore, for the benefit of this thread, David Moyes was never going to White Hart Lane anyway.

Really? Why not?

(mostly playing devil's advocate here)

So the Villas Boas guy got the position, I think they were better off with Redknapp maybe, this new guy has done well in Portugal, but what age is he, 32 or 33?, a bit young for an EPL manager I feel. Somehow I don't think it will work out for him at spurs, but once again, Moyes was never going to fill that capacity, same goes with Manchester United at any time.

I agree. I think AVB being an assistant to HR, with a view to taking over in the future, seems more sensible to me.

I was listening to a debate over AVB on the radio yesterday and they said that his problem at Chelsea was that he liked to act like the "big I am". At 34, it may be something he could get away with in Portugal, but would need to change his management style in England.

Just not a capacity I could have seen him in, just seemed inappropriate, Spurs like to play offensive maybe one reason, but it's a more tangible opportunity than the Old Trafford job ever was. I don't think Moyes will be going anywhere for the forseeable future unfortunately, so all this speculation about other job opportunities or positions may well be immaterial.

Just not a capacity I could have seen him in, just seemed inappropriate, Spurs like to play offensive maybe one reason, but it's a more tangible opportunity than the Old Trafford job ever was. I don't think Moyes will be going anywhere for the forseeable future unfortunately, so all this speculation about other job opportunities or positions may well be immaterial.

Good point.

Saying that, I think that DM would play much more offensively if he had (or could afford) players with more flair. I think he would have thrived with players like Van der Vaart and Modric at his disposal and would been asking Daniel Levy for £10m+ highly creative signings.

DM has said in the past that we have missed one or two players that finish off games and break down a defence. They aren't the type of players that we can afford unfortunately.

You said that you don't think Moyes will be going for the forseeable "unfortunately". You'd want to see him go?!?!

I have to admit I was more than a bit concerned when Redknapp was let go, and lets be honest, who saw that coming?

AVB, not a bad hire, but his problem is he believes he is as smart as Mourinho.

When the day Comes that Moyes leaves I hope it is on his terms, and with a piece of silverware.