IGNORED

DKs random facts

I don't care much for this weeks soccer action but a what day for Birthdays for former players.

Let's begin.

David Unsworth - 39 Years Old Today

Thomas Myhre - 39 Years Old Today

Jimmy Gabriel (I would have said Peter but not in the mood for humor) - 72 Years Old Today

Graeme Sharp - Legend - 52 Years Old Today

On this day -

2004 - a 1 - 0 home win over Southampton in our European Cup season

1999 - a 1 - 4 loss at Arsenal. John Collins with the only goal

1993 - a 1 - 1 draw at Swindon Town. We beat them 6 - 2 in the return a few months after

1982 - a 3 - 0 win at Swansea in the first division against a decent side

1976 - a 1 - 3 loss at Anfield in the First Division. They would play again in the FA cup semi-finals that season. The least said, the better

more facts and figures another time

Running out of time but will try to fit it in.

October 17th

No Significant Birthdays

Today in 1931 - we beat Sheffield Wednesday by a 9 - 1 success at Goodison Park. William Dean got five that day.

Today in 1981 - Neville Southall makes his debut! Won 2 - 1 over Ipswich Town at Home when we really should have been beaten. His 751 club appearance is a record which stands to this day

Today in 1998 - a 0 - 0 score with Liverpool. Smith early days and 5th successive game without a goal too

Today in 2010 - a 2 - 0 win over Liverpool at home. Arteta and Cahill were on target that day

October 18th

Michael Branch - short lived but promising attacking midfield/ center forward player of the late 1990s that never really produced his potential - 34 Years Old Today

Today in 1997 - a 2 - 0 home win over Liverpool. Ruddock own goal and Cadamarteri with a wonder strike gave us the win that day. Seems like yesterday and we would escape relegation on goal difference on the last day of season.

Today in 1986 - a 2 - 0 win at Southampton in the first division as we go on to be League Champions

Today in 1980 - a 2 - 2 score with Liverpool at Goodison Park and over 52,000 are in attendance. Would play (and beat) them in the FA cup a few months after

Today in 1969 - a 6 - 2 home win over Stoke City in our League Title season. Royle and John Morrissey got two each that day.

Maybe some are too young to remember certain dates ? But that's not really an issue as it is merely statistics relevant to this club from years past, but I say it does help if you are, of an age to remember such games and incidents.

I still have a taped copy on VHS somewhere of that shite game from 1997, I would have had a watch tonight if I only knew where it was. Can't believe 15 years have passed since that day. Branch may well have been involved but I can't quite remember. May have been Oster or someone.

Tomorrow should be a very significant date so watch this space maybe

October 19

Matthew Jackson - 41 Years Old Today

Played a significant part in winning our last trophy in '95 and fine club servant, no thrills player, but efficient and a fan favorite.

No other significant Birthdays

On this Day

2003 - a 0 - 0 draw with Southampton at Goodison Park in a poor season

2002 - It was Ten Years ago today that Rooney scored that goal to beat Arsenal 2 - 1 at home as we ended their unbeaten run. 10 years to the day it was. Radzinski scored the other that day. There was fucking mayhem at the final whistle.

1995 - a 0 - 0 score with Feyenoord of Rotterdam at Home in the now defunct European Cup Winners Cup. We would lose by 0 - 1 in the return game in The Netherlands. An early exit for the club.

1991 - a 0 - 2 loss at home to Aston Villa in the last season of the first division of English league soccer

1985 - a 4 - 1 win at Goodison Park over Watford as we are League Champions

Here is the Rooney goal from 10 years ago today. We remembered the name, but it was for all the wrong reasons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNOcer5mNCA&feature=related

If Rooney anniversary didn't get a mention then nothing will, but still we continue

October 20th

Denis Stracqualursi - short lived but effective center forward - 25 Years Old today

On This Day

1984 - We win 1 - 0 at Anfield stadium with a Graeme Sharp goal. Yes - that one - on our way to the League Championship. Cue pitch invasion and scenes of jubilation amid questionable attire from a 21st century perspective as we manage our first win at Anfield since the 1969/70 season I think it was

1990 - a 0 - 0 score with Crystal Palace at Goodison Park. Not as bad as it sounds as they had a very good side and finished third in the old first division that season behind Liverpool and Arsenal. I think Harvey may still of been manager as Kendall had not yet returned for a second time, but can't quite remember

2001 - a 3 - 2 win over Aston Villa at Home with Walter Smith as manager. Gravesen, Watson and Radzinski on target that day

2007 - a 1 - 2 home loss to the shite. We only managed a goal through one of their players putting it in their own net

1956 - a 5 - 2 win at Manchester United in the League. That must have been some performance with the great side they had a year or two before the airplane disaster in Munich

If Rooney anniversary didn't get a mention then nothing will, but still we continue

His goal was iconic, but he weren't here long enough to celebrate his 10th anniversary. The transfer will probs get more coverage, as the papers will compare how far we've come since the £25 mil.

There was an article in a tabloid publication the other day to coincide with the 10th year strike, and it went to say that Rooney at International level, seems a busted flush, although his success at domestic level was well documented after the transfer to Manchester

All it was, was the 10th year to the day of that strike against arsenal, and no doubt there was talk on rival sites about the day in question. Still some ill feeling by some about the transfer away, but I wanted to concentrate on a classic moment for the club (and while he was still our player) on a relevant date in time.

Once again, today was the day in 1984 when Sharp scored the only goal at Anfield to beat Liverpool. Another timeless moment in Toffee history that will live with most forever

I'd put in the Top Ten greatest moments of club history ever, and think it deserves it place.

What am I doing wasting time on this, we're going out tonight.

In any event, as an update - 21st October

as you know, Kevin Sheedy - 53 Years Old today

Thomas Wright - 68 Years old today

Significant Games Today

2000 - a 1 - 0 win at Newcastle United in the league. K Campbell with the only strike

1989 - a 3 - 0 win at Goodison Park over League Champions Arsenal. I remember it like yesterday. We finished with the best home record in the league for season 1989/90 if I recall. But only a 6th place finish

1978 - Fuck me, a 1 -1 draw at Queens Park Rangers of all things ! Well it is nearly Halloween.. Robert Latchford with the goal to get a point

2012 - a 1 - 1 draw at Queens Park Rangers. I don't think today will be much remembered in years to come.

watch this space in about 18 years time perhaps..

October 22nd

No Significant Birthdays

Dates in history

1994 - a 0 - 1 at Crystal Palace and yet to win a first game all season. I think Walker was just still about manager at the time.

2009 - a 0 - 5 loss in Lisbon at we crash at Benfica in the UEFA cup group stages

1995 - a 1 - 1 score with Tottenham at Home in the league. Graham Stuart with the strike

1988 - a 0 - 2 loss in Birmingham as we lose to Aston Villa in front of a poor crowd

1983 - a 1 - 0 win at home against Watford. Remember they had a very good team at the time and finished 2nd in the league behind Liverpool that year and we also played again in the FA cup Final at the end of season

1927 - a 7 - 0 win over West Ham at Goodison Park. I would have damn well enjoyed being in attendance that day.

Today

Simon Davies, short lived Wales midfield player - 33 years old today

Todays Games

2011 - a 3 - 1 win at Fulham in the League

2005 - a 1 - 1 home draw with Chelsea. Beattie actually managed a goal

2004 - a 3 - 2 away win at Norwich City in the Champions League season

1993 - a 0 - 1 home loss to Manchester United in the league.

1985 - a 0 - 1 loss at Norwich in some long forgotten defunct cup tournament. (SSCG) ?

Here's a random fact - I'm wasting my fucking time

Last one to finish on so let's make it a good one

Todays Birthdays

WAYNE ROONEY - 27 Years Old Today

GRAHAM STUART - 42 Years Old Today

ASA HARTFORD - 62 Years Old Today

Dates in History

1928 - First ever Charity Shield Game as we won the League Title, and it was a win over Blackburn Rovers

1962 - First ever European Game. It was a home win over Dunfermline Atheltic in the UEFA cup

1999 - a 4 - 4 score draw with Leeds United at home in the League. Campbell got two that day. Weir and Hutchison also

1989 - a 3 - 0 home win over that years Finalists Luton Town in the League Cup third round

1984 - a 1 - 0 win in Bratislava in the European Cup Winners Cup early stages

1967 - a 2 - 1 home win over West Bromwich Albion. They would get some mighty fine revenge in the FA Cup Final at the end of that season

• 2 weeks later...

I did say I wouldn't continue with this, but today was a special day in time and felt here was the best place to accomodate.

First off

Richard Wright - 35 Years old today. Outstanding for Ipswich Town, but once we made a signing, it never really worked out for him.

Today in 1994 - Michael Walker's last game as Everton manager, ends with a 0 - 0 score at his former glories - Norwich City, in the League.

Today in 2000 - a 0 - 1 loss at home to Aston Villa. They also beat us in the FA cup that year if I remember.

Today in 1995 - a 1 - 0 home win over Blackburn Rovers who were League Champions, we also won the Charity Shield against them that August

Today in 1989 - a 2 - 6 defeat against Aston Villa. That game will live with me forever. We had a damn good side, but they went on to finish second in the league, they went 6 - 0 ahead and it could have been ten by that time, played the game of the season, damn strange in retrospect to see Southall beaten six times in one game, although we did get back into it through an own goal and a Cottee strike. Most significant day for Toffee fireworks action I can remember. Had a call or two at 0 - 5 down asking what the fuck was going on.

Today in 1988 - a 1 - 1 draw at Hillsborough against SWFC in the league.

(the 2-6 loss was too much to bear in silence. Someone has to remember that day in any event)

Damn it, I'm going to do another one

Mark Hottiger is 45 Years Old Today - an obscure player in (EFC) club history if ever there was one. I can just about remember him playing for the team.

James Stein would have been 107 Years Old Today. Was the first Everton player to score at the national stadium (FA Cup Final 1933)

On This Day

1992 - a 1 - 0 win at Notts Forest in the NEW Premier League. Rideout got the only strike and they would be relegated that season and Brian Clough, had a last year in management

1984 - a 3 - 0 win over Bratislava in the ECWC at Home. We would go on to be outright winners of course

1981 - a 1 - 3 loss at Anfield to the shite in the old first division. Early days for Kendall as new manager

1978 - a 2 - 3 home loss to Notts Forest in the League. Two great sides, but they were league champions and went on to finish second and win the European Cup

1959 - Hit for Eight, as we lose 2 - 8 at Newcastle United in the league

1936 - a 4 - 2 win over West Bromwich Albion at Home, and William Dean's last three goals in one game for the club

Being quick

No (significant) Birthdays today

Today in 1990 - Howard Kendall returned for a second time in charge with a no score draw at Sheffield United. He would last less than three years before another ill advised return in 1997

Today in 1931 - William Dean scores 'five' times as we beat pre-plastics Chelsea FC by 7 - 2 . Wish I had been there that day

Today in 2009 - a 2 - 1 win at West Ham in London in the league

Today in 2008 - a 3 - 1 win at West Ham in London in the league !

Today in 2006 - a 0 - 1 loss at home to Arsenal in the League Cup. Someone for us was sent off I remember, and the referee was fucking abysmal, they scored in the last 10 minutes if I recall

Today in 1998 - a 0 - 1 loss at Arsenal in the League (Highbury)

Today in 1997 - a 2 - 3 loss at Blackburn Rovers in the league. I was at a Garden Center that day as the news came through

Today in 1986 - could only manage a 2 - 2 score with Chelsea at Goodison Park in the league, but we would be champions by end of season

Today in 1980 - a 1 - 2 loss at Norwich City in the old 1st Division. Robert Latchford was scorer that day

Derek Temple (see below) - FA Cup scorer and Winner 1966. - 74 years Old Today

Today In 2004 - a 1 - 0 win at Birmingham City. Thomas Gravesen with a penalty kick of all things.

Today in 1982 - a 1 - 1 draw at Highbury with Arsenal in the league

Today in 1979 - Robert Latchford scores three as we beat Leeds United 5 - 1 at home in the league

Today in 1971 - a 1 - 0 win over Liverpool at home. David Johnson with only goal that day

Today in 1965 - a 0 - 2 defeat at Sheffield United in the league. But we would go on to win the FA cup at end of season

Happy Birthday Mr Temple

John Heitinga - 29 Years Old Today

Neil McBain - would have been 107 Years Old today

Today in 1952 - Edward Sagar becomes the oldest player to play for Everton Football Club at 42 Years Old and 282 days of age. It was to be the legendary goalkeepers last game at the club after nearly 23 years of service

Today in 1998 - a 0 - 3 loss at Highfield Road with Smith as early manager.

Today in 1986 - a 2 - 0 win at Leicester City in the first division on way to the League Title

Today in 1980 - a 2 - `1 home win with Sunderland in the league

Today in 1969 - a 1 -1 score in front of 50,000 at Chelsea as Husband scores on the way to the League Title

Today in 1913 - a 1 - 5 loss at Home to Sunderland in the League

Colin Harvey - Late 1980s manager who took over after Howard Kendalls departure to Bilbao in 1987 and took us to an FA Cup Final and Zenith Data Systems (what the fuck ?) Finals defeat against Nottingham Forest in 1989 and sixth place finish in 1990 - is 68 Years Old Today

Gary Naismith - is 34 Years Old Today

Today in past histories

Today in 1996 - a 7 - 1 home score over Southampton in the league. Gary Speed RIP with three and Andrei Kanchelskis with two that day, Stuart and Barmby were the other scorers

Today in 1991 - a 2 - 0 home win over Wimbledon. David Watson and Cottee on target

Today in 1985 - a 4 - 3 win at Portman Road as we beat Ipswich Town in the old 1st division, but we finish runners up in the league

Today in 1974 - 57,000 witness a 0 - 0 score draw with Liverpool at Goodison Park in the league

Today in 1968 - a 4 - 0 home win over Queens Park Rangers in the league. Harvey, Husband, Royle and Morrissey on target

Today in 2002 - a 1 - 0 win at Blackburn in the league. Campbell with only goal

Today in 1987 - a 2 - 1 win over Oldham in the League Cup at Home. We would reach the semi-finals that season

Today in 1984 - a 4 - 0 home win over Stoke City in the league

Today in 1979 - a 0 - 2 loss at Arsenal in the league

Today in 1962 - a 2 - 3 loss at Blackburn in the league. But we would be league champions at end of season

Today in 1894 - a 2 - 2 draw with Liverpool in the first game at Anfield between both sides

No Significant Birthdays Today

No Birthdays Today

So,

Today in 2006 - a home win over Blackburn. Arteta with only strike

Today in 2001 - a home draw with Chelsea in the league and no score

Today in 2000 - a 2 - 0 home win over Arsenal in the league. Campbell and Cadamarteri were scorers that day

Today in 1995 - a 2 - 1 win at Anfield as we beat the shite and Kanchelskis scores both goals. It was a famous victory

Today in 1990 - a home draw with Tottenham. Stuart McCall on target

Today in 1989 - a home draw with Wimbledon

Today in 1978 - a 2 - 2 score at Highbury with Arsenal in another UEFA cup season

Let's just keep this moving and don't look back can be the only way forward..

Gary Ablett would have been 47 years old, but sadly lost a battle with cancer at the start of the year. FA cup winner 1995. RIP Mr Ablett. You will be missed

Today in 2005 - a 0 - 4 defeat at West Bromwich Albion in the league.

Today in 1988 - a 1 - 1 draw with Norwich City at home in the league, but we would play again in the FA cup semi-final at end of season

Today in 1986 - a 4 - 1 win at Norwich City in the League Cup

Today in 1983 - a 1 - 2 loss at Arsenal in the league. Only 24,000 saw the game ?

Today in 1977 - a 3 - 3 draw at Ipswich Town in the league. We would finish 3rd, but they would go on to be FA cup winners

Today in 1960 - a 5 - 0 home win over Newcastle United in the League

Today in 1938 - a 3 - 0 home win over Manchester United and Tommy Lawton got two that day. We would go on to be league champions if I remember

David Watson, FA Cup Winner 1995, captain and what a great player, 51 Years Old Today

Today in 2004 - we beat Fulham 1 - 0 at Home in our European Cup season. Ferguson with the only goal

Today in 1999 - a 1 - 1 score draw with Chelsea again at home

Today in 1996 - Gary Speed RIP scores with nine minutes remaining in the derby game at Anfield as we get a 1 - 1 draw at Liverpool. I remember watching highlights of the game on BBC sportsnight later that day

Today in 1993 - Bradley Allen scores three times as Queens Park Rangers win 3 - 0 at Goodison Park in our near relegation season

Today in 1984 - a 0 - 1 home defeat to Grimsby Town in the League Cup at Goodison Park. WTF

Today in 1971 - That famous game with Southampton as Royle scores four, and David Johnson 3, (Ball 1), in a 8 - 0 win at Home. It was one of Ball's last games with us before his transfer to Highbury that year. Such a pity we lost such a great player

Today in 1954 - a 0 - 5 loss to Charlton Athletic in South London, but the shite did even worse a few weeks after, losing by 1 - 9 to Birmingham City in the second division !

Yakubu Aiyegbeni - short lived, anticipated but often disappointing forward with a penchant for fast food - 30 Years Old Today

Marouane Fellaini - star asset, superlative midfield player is 25 Years Old Today

Today in 2003 - a 2 - 0 home win over Wolverhampton as over 40,000 witness Kilbane and Radzinski get a victory

Today in 1997 - a 1 - 2 loss at Aston Villa in the League

Today in 1995 - a 2 - 0 home win over Queens Park Rangers

Today in 1989 - a 0 - 1 loss at Nottingham Forest in the League Cup. They would go on to win it that season

Today in 1969 - a home win over Burnley. Royle and John Hurst were scorers in the championship season

Damn it I'll do another list to take mind off things.

No Birthdays today apart from some very obscure player called Ian Jenkins who was involved in a handful of games about 20 years ago. I don't even remember this player but you can have a mention.

Today in 2007 - a 7 - 1 home win over Sunderland in the league. Yakubu and Cahill got two each. Osman Johnson and Pienaar other scorers

Today in 2001 - a no score draw at Leicester in the league, when Smith was still manager in another nothing season.

Today in 1990 - a 1 - 2 loss at the always awkward Wimbledon in the league, Kendall was manager for the second time.

Today in 1984 - more Norwich misery as the rustics from Carrow Road beat as 4 - 2 away in the league - and would go on to be relegated. We would be league champions at the other end of the spectrum. So have that you fucking yokels

Today in 1979 - a home draw with Tottenham. Latchford on target with the only goal for us

Today in 1976 - a 1 - 4 defeat at Newcastle United in the league

Today in 1923 - a 0 - 5 loss at West Bromwich Albion in the league

watch this space this time next year