IGNORED

Craig Gordon

What did they pay? £9,000,000 ? For a Goalkeeper ?

That alone should tell you something and Sunderland aren't one to throw around cash like fools such as Chelsea or Liverpool, and if a goalkeeper warrants such a price, they must be doing something right.

I keep thinking of another Scots player from years ago who had the same/similar name and getting in a mix, but this Gordon player relevant to this, I wouldn't say no if we could bring him in. I think as cover for Howard, or a possible replacement, he'd do an adequate job at least.

Absolute no brainer top goalie to have as competition for Howard. That goal at weekend looks fuckin worse every time i see it. What the fuck was Howard doing? Apart from fuck all that is

Sunderland aren't one to throw around cash like fools such as Chelsea or Liverpool

DK, I agree with what you're saying but this sentence I can poo poo. Sunderland have been one of the biggest spenders of recent years, especially under Bruce. They would buy 10+ players a season, majority of whom, where less than average, at horrendously high prices.

If someone can get that extract of their spending habits, I think it'll shock you mate.

They did spend an awful lot of money on some African player who did well at the World Cup in South Africa but damned if I can remember the name. It was a crazy amount of money at the time and very overpriced and I can't even remember how much, but it was big news at the time. Maybe Ghana but not 100 per cent on that and probably wrong.

Shite were merely an example by buying Carroll and some other players that were a disaster, and Plastics of course bought Torres for fifty million who was an initial disaster, no, disappointment, and even Shevchenko was a failure I remember.

I'd get him on a free just to have a potential sell on profit alone. Howard hasn't had a genuine challenger for quite some time, Nash, Mucha, wessels, is it any wonder he could be accused of being complacent?

When he's on form Howard is a world class keeper, it's just that like you say he's had no competition. Neither Nash nor Mucha seemed to trouble him and whilst I liked Wessels he was never going to be our number one. I'd take Gordon on a free and like Hafnia said sell him on if someone comes knocking.

Goalkeeping changes can be good, just look at Manchester United with Anders Lindergaard and David de Gea.

Christ! £20m + for the last 4 years and 2 of them were 30m+ and 40m+!! I know they got big money for Bent but how the hell do they do it? Every game I've seen them on TV the stadium is always half empty! Which member of the Quatari Royal family are they associated with!?!?!

Quite funny to see where it has got them though....

Edited by GoodisonRoad