IGNORED

Manchester United ruins it for me

Hello chaps,

I just wanted to vent the fact that I don't really like Manchester United's supremacy. I know many people complain about Chelsea and Manchester City's "unfair" financial power, but Manchester United's revenues exceed theirs by far. In the end, they have the exact same financial resources, except more sustainable. They can perfectly afford to buy all these stars.

The point is that they have a nose for winning trophies, whether it's the EPL or other ones. It's practically guaranteed. I don't like that. I don't like the fact that there's no team who's capable of outperforming Manchester United. I'm glad we have Man City and Chelsea tbh. Otherwise we'd be dependant on Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool to try to make things difficult for ManU. Man City only neeeaaarly snatched away the EPL victory from ManU, and now United are completely outperforming them.

I'd love to see Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham become worthy contenders who make an equal chance to win the trophies as United. (Sure I'd like to see Everton become such a team as well, but at this point that seems very ambitious). It just disturbs me a little cause I'm a big premier league fan, but Manchester United doesn't attract me at all.

You're probably just a kid. It was only in the recent past, they were merely an ordinary side and only managed a trophy or two every now and again. Until 1993, they had never even been champions since 1967

I don't like them, but they've been consistent for the last 20 years, and Ferguson has to take all the accolades going for what he has achieved during his tenure. Once he finally goes, they may never be the same, but will continue to challenge.

It was as recent as 30 years ago that sides like Ipswich Town, Watford and Southampton came close to winning the league championship, while United more often than not, didn't get near, and while those previous sides may never scale such heights again, United have the means and ability to carry it on and go on for further success.

But don't tell me they've always been big and successful.

You're probably just a kid. It was only in the recent past, they were merely an ordinary side and only managed a trophy or two every now and again. Until 1993, they had never even been champions since 1967

I don't like them, but they've been consistent for the last 20 years, and Ferguson has to take all the accolades going for what he has achieved during his tenure. Once he finally goes, they may never be the same, but will continue to challenge.

It was as recent as 30 years ago that sides like Ipswich Town, Watford and Southampton came close to winning the league championship, while United more often than not, didn't get near, and while those previous sides may never scale such heights again, United have the means and ability to carry it on and go on for further success.

But don't tell me they've always been big and successful.

Huh? United weren't too bad 30 years ago.

81 / 1982 - 3rd

82 / 1983 - 3rd

83 / 1984 - 4th

84 / 1985 - 4th

85 / 1986 - 4th

Another team weren't too bad either around that time lol.

Somehow a system must be developed whereby it is not possible for a stinking rich moneyspinner \ businessman to buy a trophy or two from his back pocket as some hobby of sorts -

The Champions league have contributed to the developement of these super-sides against which us "normal" clubs can't compete and we just end up making up the numbers not because we don't try hard enough but only because we don't have such deep pockets -

the present system is a vicious circle elevating the "big" clubs even further above the rest of us - for example why would they broadcast a Liverpool game in stead of an Everton game while Everton is much higher than them on the table ? The FA should introduce a rule that the top 5 teams must get preference with broadcasting rights or alternatively distribute those rights equally amongst all PL sides but to have 5 favourite teams just perpetuates an already suspect system

I'd like a rule that caps both player wages, and club spending, but also forces big clubs to withdraw funding, bringing them back in line with everybody else, and if the players don't like it, let them get a job down the mine for chips and change like normal folk.

I'm fairly sure that if footballers were all paid a performance related pay, based upon a basic salary, then they'd all play better. If they were all on 5 grand per week, they'd still be amongst the countries top earners, and kids in school would still want to be footballers.

How would you go about setting a cap on player wages though? What happens to existing contracts? Who would be responsible for paying compensation to the players under a lucrative contract? It would be a big mess.

Regarding Liverpool being on TV rather than Everton (as an example), if there are many glory hunters (lol) wanting to watch Liverpool and the TV channels will make more money out of it, it's their choice. There shouldn't be rules in place regarding that. The problem is that unfortunately the majority of fans these days seem to be willing to get ripped off, to pay exorbitant amounts for Sky Sports, to sell their soul for a small chance of success (looking at you Cardiff) etc, which is why football is in its current state. I don't think imposing artificial limits on markets would work. Financial fair play could go some way towards breaking the monopolies at the top if it was properly enforced and there were no loopholes, but I seriously doubt that will be the case.

Edited by Fearthainn

How would you go about setting a cap on player wages though? What happens to existing contracts? Who would be responsible for paying compensation to the players under a lucrative contract? It would be a big mess.

Regarding Liverpool being on TV rather than Everton (as an example), if there are many glory hunters (lol) wanting to watch Liverpool and the TV channels will make more money out of it, it's their choice. There shouldn't be rules in place regarding that. The problem is that unfortunately the majority of fans these days seem to be willing to get ripped off, to pay exorbitant amounts for Sky Sports, to sell their soul for a small chance of success (looking at you Cardiff) etc, which is why football is in its current state. I don't think imposing artificial limits on markets would work. Financial fair play could go some way towards breaking the monopolies at the top if it was properly enforced and there were no loopholes, but I seriously doubt that will be the case.

It couldn't be any more of a mess than it already is.

Why are players on individual salaries. There should be club wage tiers. It's more about money than it is football, and how much can the game withstand. What will they earn in 10 years time, and who will pay for it.

As from 2015, all players will be on a basic wage of 80 quid per week. Simple.

It couldn't be any more of a mess than it already is.

Why are players on individual salaries. There should be club wage tiers. It's more about money than it is football, and how much can the game withstand. What will they earn in 10 years time, and who will pay for it.

As from 2015, all players will be on a basic wage of 80 quid per week. Simple.

The fans who are still dumb enough (or just don't care) to not realise it's more about the money than the game.

I'm all for these rules though, the Premier League for instance would be swamped with legal issues but that sounds fine to me.

I hate Utd with a passion, second only to the shite, its not a personal thing just their bloody supporters ''were Man Utd and we do what we want'' mentality will win you no fans. Fergie although being a moaning minnie has my admiration. Would like to see him go to a Fulham or Villa and do what he does............... not a chance. Clough took an unfancied team in Derby County and won the league, took a second division team in Forest to the first division and won the league and European cup twice. I have more respect for Clough though. When whiskey nose finally retires, Utd will go the same way as Liverpool, thank God...........

I hate Utd with a passion, second only to the shite, its not a personal thing just their bloody supporters ''were Man Utd and we do what we want'' mentality will win you no fans. Fergie although being a moaning minnie has my admiration. Would like to see him go to a Fulham or Villa and do what he does............... not a chance. Clough took an unfancied team in Derby County and won the league, took a second division team in Forest to the first division and won the league and European cup twice. I have more respect for Clough though. When whiskey nose finally retires, Utd will go the same way as Liverpool, thank God...........

Hardly any manager (if any at all) could go to Fulham or Villa and turn them into a trophy winning club, unless of course tey have an Arab or two in tow! Maybe they could win an FA cup along the way, but then so could Moyes and Kenwright.

There has to be a possibility, perhaps a small one, but never the less a possibility that a new manager at United could infact not only continue what Ferguson has been doing but improve it.

It will take a brave man to take the helm at United, it will take a very good/lucky one to continue what Ferguson started.I think he's done a great job there, if Moyes did the unthinkablecrying.gif and leaves, I'd take Ferguson for a season or two.

Problem with that might be I'd be missing the last train out of Lime street, because the games would be 5 or 6 minutes longer with Ferguson in charge!rolleyes.gif

but if nothing changes the league title seems to go to one of the highest bidders which leaves me with the question - are all the other "normal" clubs then just bridesmaids or wannabe brides ? cause you cant fart against thunder can you ?

who say money can't buy everything ? me - because i will never support one of those "Stinking Richie-Rich Man Hobby Clubs" but in the process i have resigned to the fact that my team's trophy cupboard is gathering dust and will carry on doing so untill the playing field somehow gets levelled to allow the teams in each league to compete on a more or less equal footing -

i doubt whether this will materialize because there is too much money at stake and the money people also control the media ..........

i lift my hat to all the supporters of "normal" sides who keep on battling the giants against all odds - they are the TRUE SUPPORTERS who love their team for what it is and not for what they are winning -

GO EVERTON - KICK BUTT BIGTIME !!!!

When I first got interested in soccer the big and successful sides were Derby County, Leeds United towards the very end, and sad to say, Liverpool for the most part in this country at the time. Manchester United were in the second division of all things around that time.

I also have a lot of time for clubs with little chance of winning anything, but stick with their clubs through thick and thin. It's something to be applauded.

Must be damn boring actually following MUFC or Chelsea in recent years, such as they nearly always win something. I'd actually get tired of that maybe