IGNORED

Igor de Carmargo

His record isn't particularly exciting for a striker. Already 29 as well.

Those two things appeared to me immediately. We probably can't afford a young striker of any notoriety... I'd take a punt on him if it's a loan deal. He's experienced and Moyes generally knows what he's doing. At least we could loan out Tolis and get him some games.

Follow BMG a lot then ?

He might not but im sure that Belgian press does. The thing with small nations like Belgium and sweden is that the press follows every player in foreign leagues. Hell swedish papers even report on man city reserves games being cancelled due to Guidetti playing for them.

Even Johan Hammar has been covered by swedish press :D

Follow BMG a lot then ?

De Camargo has played in Belgium for 10 years. I wouldn't want him here either. Said it in another topic: strong, works hard and great leaping ability, but pretty slow and little to none technical ability.

Of course, it's possible that he has become a much better player in the last 2 seasons, but I doubt that Gladbach will be looking to offload him in that case.

Edited by Steve_E

Sky Sports understands that Fulham have expressed an interest in taking Borussia Monchengladbach's Igor De Camargo on loan. Everton have also been linked with the Brazilian forward.

Looks like Fulham are the leaders for this one and I can't say I'm too bothered. If we are going to push for a Champions League spot I think we should be signing proven strikers not ones from teams like Monchengladbach (who has only scored 13 times in 52 games).

Looks like Fulham are the leaders for this one and I can't say I'm too bothered. If we are going to push for a Champions League spot I think we should be signing proven strikers not ones from teams like Monchengladbach (who has only scored 13 times in 52 games).

Who are the proven strikers you wish to sign ?

Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. Either of those will do.

Nah, in all seriousness I don't have actual names that I could pull out of a hat and say I wanted us to sign but it's like with the imminent signing of Leroy Fer, he's proved himself to be a top player at Feyernoord and FC Twente so I'm happy with him coming to us. It's the same as with signing a striker, I want us to sign someone who has been around a little bit and has proved that he can score goals. I don't want us taking chances on some nobody who's going to bang in no goals.

Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. Either of those will do.

Nah, in all seriousness I don't have actual names that I could pull out of a hat and say I wanted us to sign but it's like with the imminent signing of Leroy Fer, he's proved himself to be a top player at Feyernoord and FC Twente so I'm happy with him coming to us. It's the same as with signing a striker, I want us to sign someone who has been around a little bit and has proved that he can score goals. I don't want us taking chances on some nobody who's going to bang in no goals.

Don't think we have the money for a big name, proven striker.

A space is a void ?

This player has an impressive name, but many have said it's not a player that gets the pulses racing, or one to avoid ? And if we're after an 'Andrew Carroll type' player, maybe I just don't want to know. His goals to games ratio in an above response doesn't exactly fill one with great expectations.

that's because i'm poor in english and that i couldn't express what i wanted to do ^^

I know Igor very well and i'm sure that he hasn't the level to be a premier league striker material. Just dodge this bullet and purchase someone else.

Edited by poxid live

Void can also mean nothing, so in a sense, it works both ways. In that one player creates chances, and Camango or whatever his name is, doesn't get up to much.

And you know the player also, as in socially ? Bottom line is, in all probability we won't even sign this player. From what I can ascertain, wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

Yes, Fulham is being really weird lately with the kind of players they're being linked with. De Camargo is not fast, he's got little technique, he's not a good finisher, he only gained his caps with the Belgian National Team cause we had the most clueless manager thinkable: Georges Leekens. He's a kind of man who would cap a Ligue 2 striker over Daniel Sturridge or Danny Welbeck, because of some really lame reason, just to draw a picture.

I'm not saying De Camargo is a terrible player, he's just not fit for any Premier League side. A kind of player like him works in Belgium or Italy, but not in a speedy, technical EPL.

Perhaps Moyes threw the name out so Rogers or Redknapp would pounce. happy.png

For all you're joking it wouldn't surprise me. Everyone knows how good Moyes is at finding gems so it woulden't surprise me that he'd drop hints on a shite player so other teams leave alone our real targets (such as Fer).

As I've said from the start I don't want de Carmargo.

Thank fuck for that.

For anyone that can't be arsed clicking on the link it's confirming that Igor de Carmargo has gone to Hoffenheim on loan until the end of the season. I guess this thread can be closed and we dodged a bullet with this one (if in fact it was true that we were even in for him in the first place).