IGNORED

Manager transfer window

A clubs stability would become none existent and you could end up having a manger not being able to be sacked until the transfer window opened, so basically he could fuck around with the club a little without them being able to do anything.

A clubs stability would become none existent and you could end up having a manger not being able to be sacked until the transfer window opened, so basically he could fuck around with the club a little without them being able to do anything.

surely that would make the management look at their appointments closer though?

I dunno. Can you imagine what deadline day would be like? At 11:59 David Moyes decides to walk out of Everton for Schalke so we end up having to make do with the tea-lady because we couldn't find a replacement. It's a good theory and I know what you're getting at but IMO it just wouldn't work.

I think there needs to be some law or discussion with clubs though because the managerial appointments and firings seem to be getting more and more bizarre. Take Adkins for example, granted that this Spanish fella has got Southampton playing well but you can't say Nigel deserved the sack. I think there should be something brought up to change how teams can hire and fire so easily.

I dunno. Can you imagine what deadline day would be like? At 11:59 David Moyes decides to walk out of Everton for Schalke so we end up having to make do with the tea-lady because we couldn't find a replacement. It's a good theory and I know what you're getting at but IMO it just wouldn't work.

I think there needs to be some law or discussion with clubs though because the managerial appointments and firings seem to be getting more and more bizarre. Take Adkins for example, granted that this Spanish fella has got Southampton playing well but you can't say Nigel deserved the sack. I think there should be something brought up to change how teams can hire and fire so easily.

same as players as far as im concerned. Laws need to be discussed but the basic principle should stay the same as player transfer

What would happen in that situation then? Lets say that what I've just said happens... David Moyes walks out of Everton at the eleventh hour and we have no way of replacing him with another manager because we simply don't have the time - who manages us?

What would happen in that situation then? Lets say that what I've just said happens... David Moyes walks out of Everton at the eleventh hour and we have no way of replacing him with another manager because we simply don't have the time - who manages us?

Steve Round.

Steve Round.

terrifying as that is, he should be up for the job. maybe not to the same standard, but should still be able to hold the fort. On the flip side, the boards would have to ensure they have the right man in place, much like a transfer but more precise in appointment.

Bare in mind i got an Australian Shiraz/Cabernet for about 1.50 a bottle (good one too!) and im 3 bottles in.... still think the argument of a transfer window for managers is valid

If stability is what people want then there should be a rule that manager must sign for a certain amount of years. This would mean that managers like O'Neill could not come into a club, throw money at the wall and then leave. If you make your bed you have to lie in it.

Managers should have to sign up for a minimum of 5 years for example and must do their best throughout those 5 years. If they start getting all Mancini about it and refuse to select 11 decent players a week so that they get sacked they have to pay a large compensation to the club for being such childish wankers.

That I feel would get stability into English football. If you have 20 managers all working hard at teams for the future then the game can only get better.

If stability is what people want then there should be a rule that manager must sign for a certain amount of years. This would mean that managers like O'Neill could not come into a club, throw money at the wall and then leave. If you make your bed you have to lie in it.

Managers should have to sign up for a minimum of 5 years for example and must do their best throughout those 5 years. If they start getting all Mancini about it and refuse to select 11 decent players a week so that they get sacked they have to pay a large compensation to the club for being such childish wankers.

That I feel would get stability into English football. If you have 20 managers all working hard at teams for the future then the game can only get better.

thats what a contract is dude, he signed up for X years. MON was sacked, ie the board didnt want his services anymore, which is their prerogative. MON didnt jump ship from what ive read.

my point is that clubs cant just sack players after 10 games that havent gone well, rather than the manager walking

Edited by Matt

That's what I mean. The club and manager have to sign up to a 5 year agreement. This means that the manager can't dick over the club and vice versa, it would get both parties on the same page and both striving for the same goal which would be the success of the football club. I think that by making the club give a manager a big contract they would obviously do their homework and put more faith into him.

If this rule was brought in then Abramovic would be a thing of the past (unless he changed his ways) and that for me would be a good thing. My plan would encourage good behaviour from the back-room staff and would enable the manager to work with the team and get it how he wants it.

I'm a fucking genius.

That's what I mean. The club and manager have to sign up to a 5 year agreement. This means that the manager can't dick over the club and vice versa, it would get both parties on the same page and both striving for the same goal which would be the success of the football club. I think that by making the club give a manager a big contract they would obviously do their homework and put more faith into him.

If this rule was brought in then Abramovic would be a thing of the past (unless he changed his ways) and that for me would be a good thing. My plan would encourage good behaviour from the back-room staff and would enable the manager to work with the team and get it how he wants it.

I'm a fucking genius.

like Newcastle.... Because theyre in a different league of course...

:rofl: