IGNORED

Car-jacking....beware

fcssl

Sorry to post something so serious...but please beaware of a recent spate of car-jackings in Liverpool.

A very close family friend was subject of this today, near to the Tesco which is built on the grounds of the old Deysbrook Barracks.

I don't know if all the recent vehicles have been stolen the same way, however at about 1830 in Thursday evening, our friend pulled up at the lights. A 'hoodie' opened the rear pavement side door of the car and then said "Sorry mate, wrong car". The youth then walked off. As my friend has got out of the car, another similar dressed youth has jumped in and wheelspinned off.

The basic advice is lock your cars doors at all times, be aware, and be prepared to drive off at any time.

Just wanted to give all a heads-up.

I dont know any of the stolen vehicle details, other than it is a Toyota Avensis Verso.

Thanks.

:(

Make that a General Notice mate.

It's Happenin Darn Sarf...Way down saaaarf ( Sthrn Hemisphere) on a 3 x daily basis of late.

Even been instances of cars bein Jacked wif kids still being strapped in safety seats, whilst Mam's slipped in to pay the receipt at the petrol station.

Shockin.

It has been happening for a while up here too...in fact one poor man was dropping his family off at John Lennon Airport a couple of years ago when two youths jumped into his car and tried to drive off. As the innocent bloke tried to intervene, he was dragged under the car and was sadly killed.

Thankfully those responsible were caught and sent down...but it will never bring him back

I just want to remind everybody that this is still happening and to on your guard. I would hate for something similar to happen to anybody else I know.

;)

Edited by www.fc-ssl.com

dont know if any of use heard it, it was all over the news like, but near mine about 2 mins away from my house a man was stabbed to death for his car, outside the KFC on tuebrook, the fellas got off and left him to die, the man died later in hospital and what was worse was that there was youths (my mates) just around the corner, shows how some ppl didnt gve a toss about anyone and whos watchin them, they were caught in the end and sentenced but i think they should be given the death penalty for a murder

that is both awful and disgusting.

Nobody's life is worth a car...regardless of who they are and how expensive it is.

It is horrible to think that people will just sit off and watch as another's life is taken for something material.

Pathetic.

that is both awful and disgusting.

Nobody's life is worth a car...regardless of who they are and how expensive it  is.

It is horrible to think that people will just sit off and watch as another's life is taken for something material.

Pathetic.

38641[/snapback]

i do agree but my mates never seen it happening, it happend just around the corner from were they were standing, they phoned the ambulance and police, they were at the bus stop waiting for the girls with them to get on the bus, shame for the poor man who died tho :(