IGNORED

Geordie in Peace

All right lads, in preparation for the new season I thought I'd get the lay of the land from Premier League clubs before it kicks off and the majority of us are too depressed to answer a bunch of questions from a stranger.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season?

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?

Which of your players do you predict having a big season?

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?

Which fixtures do you immediately look for?

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least?

What's your most memorable game against NUFC?

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?

Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side?
Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?
Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers. I'll be back here to collate them before sticking them on a Newcastle site before the season kicks off.

All right lads, in preparation for the new season I thought I'd get the lay of the land from Premier League clubs before it kicks off and the majority of us are too depressed to answer a bunch of questions from a stranger.

1 What's a realistic aim for your team this season?
Europa

2 Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?

Midfield and better strike rate

Too early to say

Seamus Coleman, Arouna Kone, and Kevin Mirallas

I never expect any of our players to be poor.

Mainly just to see when we have a difficult month, but mainly top 4 sides.

Liverpool

None really stick out at the moment to be honest (no disrespect)

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?

Unaware of it - sorry

Dan Gosling
Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?
He's ok on the whole. Nothing wrong with banter
Mid-table or better

Thanks in advance for any and all answers. I'll be back here to collate them before sticking them on a Newcastle site before the season kicks off.

Top 4 aim. Chelsea will be unstoppable, but hopefully one of the 2 new managers struggle or Arsenal have a hard time getting there targets will give the rest of us a chance.
Centre mid and right wing. Possible the RW is already sorted (Gerard Deulofeu). Keeping Felli and playing him in the right position would be a big boost.
De Bruyne, looked class from the little I saw last year.
Fellaini, World Cup year. Barkley may even play himself into the England team if he's ready.
Jags, his old school defending a wayward passes may be frowned upon by RM.
Whoever's first game, United, xmas fixtures, last game.
All bar Liverpool and Stoke.
Last game of the 2012 season after AP's prematch boasting.
Odd, don't understand enough to say anymore.
Krul, Ben Arfa and one from Sissoko, Tiote, or Cabaye.
Average, his mouth makes him almost diabolical eg. Hughes. However, he's a decent manager. On par with the likes of Big Sam.
Bottom half.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season? - UEFA CUP soccer. Champions league won't happen and I expect the same as before with Moyes, around a 6th to 8th place finish. Better opportunity in the cups to do something however this time around, but it's all if's, but's and maybe's

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? - Midfield would seem the main area of concern, also goalkeeper back-up and a new center forward wouldn't go amiss

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing? - too premature to comment until the actual close season is finalized

Which of your players do you predict having a big season? - Kone, Baines, Mirallas, Fellaini

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season? - until it actually occurs we can't criticize

Which fixtures do you immediately look for? - first and last day, holidays games, LIverpool home and away

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least? - Southampton / Chelsea

What's your most memorable game against NUFC? - been a few, FA cup 1995, 1999, opening day 1996 / 97, last game win of the 2011 / 12 season, opening day 1988 / 89. Too many to pick just one. Nothing really stands out, maybe the 1995 FA cup game as it put us back into the semi-finals and it was a special day. David Watson always weighed in with some important strikes

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle? - I'm not aware of any incident

Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side? - Demba Ba if you've still got him. I don't keep up with events much on Tyneside
Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth? - Proven manager, that has done well and made himself recognized. Don't really have a bad word to say about him, despite one or two of the clubs he has managed to success
Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season? - That's really your business. I only have interest in one club in the EPL. Have a shot at maybe challenging for the UEFA cup places and somewhere in our vicinity or not too far behind

What's a realistic aim for your team this season? - Europa League and/or final of a domestic cup
Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? - Midfield & 1 more striker

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing? - Negredo, if he ever plays
Which of your players do you predict having a big season? - Kone, Baines, Mirallas, Fellaini, Deulofeu

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season? - If any do I hope Martinez bins them quickly before they affect performances/results - so Heitinga, maybe

Which fixtures do you immediately look for? - first and last day, Christmas period, Fulham away, Arsenal home and away
Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least? - Fulham (best away day in the PL) / Arsenal (don't like them, never have, never will)

What's your most memorable game against NUFC? - Seen a lot but don't have one. That volley by Shearer was alright but it would have been better if he'd kept his eyes open

Newcastle have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle? - It all sounds a bit Denis Wise, to me
Which Newcastle players would you like to see in your side? - as per the previous responder, Alan Shearer if you've still got him :rolleyes:
Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he just playing games? Or is he an Average/Bad manager with a mouth? - Don't think he's a bad or a good manager. He maybe tries to get on the wind-up bandwagon but is usually just ignored as being a bit lightweight where that's concerned without having either the club or personal resources to back up what he says. He looks like the sort of bloke who will lose everything in life and end up sitting in a corner of a boozer, somewhere, telling anyone who will listen; "I used to manage ................., you know. Hardest game in the world....."
Where do you expect Newcastle to finish this season? Not given it any thought until reading this question but no better than 10th

Maybe I can start out by saying that, to me, Newcastle is a club with a proud history and among the most loyal fanbase in the country. For those reasons, I would wish the club well this season. Unfortunately, though, what's happened over the last several weeks leads me to believe the coming season could become a disaster for you (see below). For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Champions League. If you don't set bold targets, you never hit them. This is why the new manager came out on day one with the goal of playing in Europe.

First, strategy. Second, belief. Third, getting the most out of available players. Personally, I see the transfer window as over-rated. It's nice to bring in new players, but that's secondary to strategy and belief.

Just the Everton team as a whole.

Gibson, Robles in particular. I would hope, though, that they'll all have a big season. The team is more important than its individual parts.

I don't expect any of them to be disappointing, and don't think they do either.

Beating ManU home and away by playing attacking football.

ManU and Liverpool.

It was when I supported RM at Wigan. In the second half of the 2011/2012 season, they totally dismantled Newcaste - being 4-0 up by half-time.

It's a farce. Who reports to whom? Who is responsible for what? Why is Kinnear posting things at his own website that contradicts what the club is saying? If a company was run like this, it would go bust. If there's a poor start to the season, I can see Newcastle self-distructing at the management level - which is a real shame.

None really.
He's an average manager struggling within a dysfunctional organisation.
If the management structure is sorted, then mid-table. If not, you could be in the relegation zone. Sorry to be blunt.

Europa League. Maybe Champions League if Manchester United & City have a car-crash season.
Midfield.
Gerard Deulofou.
Gerard Deulofou, Ross Barkley, Joel.
Marouane Fellaini.
First, last, Liverpool.
None.
Either the win after Pardew claimed that you were in a 'different league to us' or the one last season where we were robbed of two good goals and drew 2-2.
Complete joke, as is the football club at the moment.
None.
Shit manager with a shit mouth.
Comfortably in the bottom half.

Re Kinneargate - Early Monday morning Kinnear tries to bring his mate Mick Harford in as a scout. Late Monday morning Mick Harford turns you down.

If you've appointed Kinnear in the capacity he apparently has given himself and then Mick Harford turns you down, your club is in a world of shite! I'd find something something else to do for the next 9 months as this will only end badly for the fans.

Newcastle will be going in my bottom 3 when I get round to the prediction thing in 'daibo's' post about final placing predictions.