IGNORED

Everton develops sports nutrition range with Protein Works

Every one of them will have a deal with some form of sports nutrition firm, I was referring to the fact that we are leading research and getting bespoke products as compared to the stuff that other clubs use which you can buy off the shelf at GNC/Holland & Barratt

Every one of them will have a deal with some form of sports nutrition firm, I was referring to the fact that we are leading research and getting bespoke products as compared to the stuff that other clubs use which you can buy off the shelf at GNC/Holland & Barratt

In fairness the research is always going to be led by the likes of Maximuscle, BSN, Optimum Nutrition, They are absolute giants in the U.S and the only way in which they are evolving is adding new "transport" agents to the supplements like creatine (sodium, gluconate, ethyl ester) pretty much nowadays recovery is structured around a few components:- carbs, amino acids, proteins, and the few enhancers (Nitric oxide, bata alanine, citrulline malate)

The market is pretty much at saturation point and companies are trying to find the next breakthrough supplement (if its legal). The reality is that rather than the science - its the combination and timing. For me the club would do well to use the likes of Dorian Yates as a consultant - he was way ahead of the game in terms of recovery and has the 7 olympia wins to prove it. He was touting fats as an essential nutrient when everyone was busy avoiding them. I think Bolton were the first to be ahead in this regard and AC Milan have been doing it for years, thats why they had older players doing well.