IGNORED

New season preview

Tom FBO

Hi guys,

I run an online football magazine and we're doing in-depth club by club previews for the new season.

We've got influential bloggers filling in a short questionnaire for each club that will form part of a larger article, but are struggling to get someone for Everton.

Here's the questions - anyone can have a stab at answering them and we'll publish the best response on the site:

How did you feel about last season?

Who was your hero last season?

Last season’s villain?

Most exciting young player?

Who do you expect to make an impact this season?

How do you feel about the owner?

How do you feel about the manager?

Are you happy with your club’s summer transfer dealings?

Prediction for next season?

Cheers!

How did you feel about last season? - I think we did okay. We had a great start to the season and stayed close or in the top 4 for a long time. Winter/spring slightly disappointing and its a shame that we didn't qualify for Europe. Low point of the season was definitely the FA-Cup exit. We just died in that game and gave Wigan the place in the final. Perhaps due to some smart coaching from Martinez. Dont really care that we finished above Liverpool but it was a bonus.

I don't agree that we are the small club punching above our weight. Everton should be in the top 6-7 clubs.

Who was your hero last season? - Its easy to name the big two in the team. Fellaini and Baines. A lot of people will mention Mirallas but it was only in the last 6-7 games that he really started to show class. My man of last season was Coleman. He took a massive leap last season and I'm hoping he will do the same this season. Pre season looked very promising and I believe he will grow to be one of the best RB's in the prem. Anichebe was last years surprise. He was really good in a lot of games and stepped up when Jelavic had it tough.

Last season’s villain? - A toss up between four players. Naismith is an obvious choice but our expectations for him was not that great to begin with. (He is doing quite well this pre season and might look like a new addition to the team this year.) Pienaar under performed all year. Osman did not reach his potential and the same with Jelavic. I will go for Jelavic because our expectations on the lad was massive and he just could not score.

Most exciting young player? - Barkley hands down. Deulofeu looks exciting to but Barkley could become a monster for Everton.

Who do you expect to make an impact this season? - Coleman, for the reasons above. Looking really good together with Mirallas, will be a threat to most teams.

How do you feel about the owner? - He has a massive place in his heart for the club and thats enough for me. He is doing the best he can with what he has got. I'm not in the BK out crowd.

How do you feel about the manager? - Very happy. Hope he gets the team to understand his philosophy soon, looking a bit shaky at the moment to say the least. But he is great in interviews, looks sharp on the transfer market and we all know what Wigan did to us in the cup last season. I'm excited about the coming season.

Are you happy with your club’s summer transfer dealings? - I'm an Everton supporter, will I ever be happy about transfer dealings? Martinez has made 2 solid signings in Alcaraz and Kone and also improved the goal keeping internal competition by signing Robles. T Howard has responded brilliantly and has looked awesome in pre season. Deulofeu is perhaps a sign of whats to come and a real feather in Martinez hat. Barcelona obviously trust him with one of their highest rated youths. Will be exciting to see what he can do for Everton. A steady 6/10 for this silly season.

Prediction for next season? - Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham - all fighting for top 4, I'm going to say that Man City will win the league. Liverpool, Everton, Swansea, Newcastle and perhaps even Norwich fighting for 5-10th place.

Last season was an interesting one, normally we are notoriously slow starters then have an amazing finish to the season - yet last season we came out all guns blazing and looked immense but seemed to get tired legs towards the end. Glad to finish above Liverpool again - should hopefully prove that these "underdogs" have got some serious bite!

Baines! This guy is the real deal and was our best player last season and was truly one of the best in the world.

Last season’s villain?

Jelavic! Couldn't hit a barn door - he showed his ability the previous season which has us relishing a full season with him but he just lost it last season.

Deulofeu! This guy is touted as Barcelona's next big thing, potentially the next Messi. Let's see how he gets on in the royal blue shirt this season.

Mirallas! This guy is immense. I can't wait to see him have a full season adjusted in the Premier League, he is going to run defenses ragged!

You've gotta love Blue Bill. How many owners out there truly love their football club? He might not always make the best decisions but he's got Everton in his heart.

Moyes did great things for us, although he was very frustrating tactically! Bobby M plays exciting, beautiful football so I'm excited to see how we play this season...though I hope we don't let as many goals in as Wigan last season.

We actually got signings done early for once, the way I see it is we replaced all of our departing players (Mucha, Neville & Hitzlsperger) with even better players and a great prospect. I'd be happy with one or two additions but I think we're as strong a team as we've been in a long time.

5th. I still don't think we can compete financially with City, United, Chelsea & Spurs but I think Arsenal could have a poor season which will allow us to hit 5th and get Europe. Let's not forget we have an FA Cup winning manager...so you never know!

How did you feel about last season? Unhappy overall as we had started brilliantly for the first time in years and lost our way

Who was your hero last season? Baines

Last season’s villain? Moyes

Most exciting young player? Barkley

Who do you expect to make an impact this season? Don't laugh but I think Naismith

How do you feel about the owner? He does his best I think.

How do you feel about the manager? Not my first choice, but give him time before I decide

Are you happy with your club’s summer transfer dealings? Not yet. Lets see how they shape up.

Prediction for next season? None as yet

How did you feel about last season? - I think we did okay. We had a great start to the season and stayed close or in the top 4 for a long time. Winter/spring slightly disappointing and its a shame that we didn't qualify for Europe. Low point of the season was definitely the FA-Cup exit. We just died in that game and gave Wigan the place in the final. Perhaps due to some smart coaching from Martinez. Dont really care that we finished above Liverpool but it was a bonus.

I don't agree that we are the small club punching above our weight. Everton should be in the top 6-7 clubs.

Who was your hero last season? - Its easy to name the big two in the team. Fellaini and Baines. A lot of people will mention Mirallas but it was only in the last 6-7 games that he really started to show class. My man of last season was Coleman. He took a massive leap last season and I'm hoping he will do the same this season. Pre season looked very promising and I believe he will grow to be one of the best RB's in the prem. Anichebe was last years surprise. He was really good in a lot of games and stepped up when Jelavic had it tough.

Last season’s villain? - A toss up between four players. Naismith is an obvious choice but our expectations for him was not that great to begin with. (He is doing quite well this pre season and might look like a new addition to the team this year.) Pienaar under performed all year. Osman did not reach his potential and the same with Jelavic. I will go for Jelavic because our expectations on the lad was massive and he just could not score.

Most exciting young player? - Barkley hands down. Deulofeu looks exciting to but Barkley could become a monster for Everton.

Who do you expect to make an impact this season? - Coleman, for the reasons above. Looking really good together with Mirallas, will be a threat to most teams.

How do you feel about the owner? - He has a massive place in his heart for the club and thats enough for me. He is doing the best he can with what he has got. I'm not in the BK out crowd.

How do you feel about the manager? - Very happy. Hope he gets the team to understand his philosophy soon, looking a bit shaky at the moment to say the least. But he is great in interviews, looks sharp on the transfer market and we all know what Wigan did to us in the cup last season. I'm excited about the coming season.

Are you happy with your club’s summer transfer dealings? - I'm an Everton supporter, will I ever be happy about transfer dealings? Martinez has made 2 solid signings in Alcaraz and Kone and also improved the goal keeping internal competition by signing Robles. T Howard has responded brilliantly and has looked awesome in pre season. Deulofeu is perhaps a sign of whats to come and a real feather in Martinez hat. Barcelona obviously trust him with one of their highest rated youths. Will be exciting to see what he can do for Everton. A steady 6/10 for this silly season.

Prediction for next season? - Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham - all fighting for top 4, I'm going to say that Man City will win the league. Liverpool, Everton, Swansea, Newcastle and perhaps even Norwich fighting for 5-10th place.

Agree with just about all of this, except the reference to Newcastle - who will be fighting relegation all season. I'd replace their name with Aston Villa.

Hi guys,

I run an online football magazine and we're doing in-depth club by club previews for the new season.

We've got influential bloggers filling in a short questionnaire for each club that will form part of a larger article, but are struggling to get someone for Everton.

Here's the questions - anyone can have a stab at answering them and we'll publish the best response on the site:

Last season’s villain?

Cheers!

#1 Disappointed that we missed out on an eventual european place. Upset at the capitulation to Wigan Athletic in the FA cup sixth round, when there was a real opportunity to win something again for the first time in 18 years. Sorry that Moyes was yet again unable to deliver that elusive trophy. All said, it wasn't a bad season, but we could - and should - have done so much better, but no good crying over spilt milk.

#2 Fellaini was a standout player but Baines also deserves recognition.

#3 Almost felt like naming David Moyes, as well as a number of bent fucking match officials, but while they did cost us, have to put forward real names like Jelavic, Neville, Naismith etc.

#4 -

#5 The manager himself if applicable. Other than that, Mirallas, Jelavic (if he can find himself again), Deulofeu. Obviously too early to properly say at this stage.

#6 Kenwright has his heart is the right place, and you can't dispute his club loyalties, but supporters tolerance are wearing thin these days, and he stuck with Moyes far too long. Could be in worse hands, but there's room for improvement there.

#7 Was not who I wanted for the position, but we'll at least give him a chance. Disappointed initially, but he's brought in some decent players and has a better offensive mindset than David Moyes, so there has to be something to believe in.

#8 There has been one or two standout acquisitions and interesting captures, and there was none of the usual undecisiveness, or pissing around, until the eleventh hour, that was so frequent with Moyes. So, good enough.

#9 Between 7th and 9th. May just miss out again for a UEFA cup place, but can't expect too much in Martinez first season. Furthermore, if he can take an unfashionable club like Wigan Athletic to a cup success, with no-thrills players, he can at least do something here, with the players at his disposal, so quietly confident, that first elusive trophy in nearly two decades, can finally arrive.