IGNORED

Jersey: Blank or Player name?

Gusto181

Im 22 and i dont bother getting names on the back of my shirts but it isnt an age reason. When i was a kid my dad once got me the old Danka kit with Kanchelskis on the back and he ended up leaving the following season. But it didnt stop there, the next kit i got with a name on the back was of course my childhood hero at the time. Wayne Rooney. The same thing happened with him. A few years later I went safe and got Rodwell on the back thinking he was never going to get farmed out and well what do you know it happened ha! Knowing my luck if i got Barkley on my new one he would be at City or Chelsea before i know it! so na im not going to bother!!!

Get Osman mate....Banker!

James you are clearly cursed. Do you mind if I buy you a Seattle Seahawks Richard Sherman jersey? Your curse will certainly aide my 49ers in years to come with him gone from the Seahawks.

Because I know everyone is on pins and needles about my decision, I DID end up getting a jersey from Everton Direct. Had the blank one in my cart, ready to pull the trigger. Then a voice, eerily similar to the one in Field of Dreams, said "Go with the Seamus". F*ck it, it's my jersey, done.

A blank jersey does stand test of time regardless of the players on the squad, but I think as an American it's engrained into my head to get a name/number on the back. To me, it just looks better. And it's friggin' Seamus!

To quote Paddock - "Jobs a good -un" (I had to look up what this meant btw).

James you are clearly cursed. Do you mind if I buy you a Seattle Seahawks Richard Sherman jersey? Your curse will certainly aide my 49ers in years to come with him gone from the Seahawks.

Because I know everyone is on pins and needles about my decision, I DID end up getting a jersey from Everton Direct. Had the blank one in my cart, ready to pull the trigger. Then a voice, eerily similar to the one in Field of Dreams, said "Go with the Seamus". F*ck it, it's my jersey, done.

A blank jersey does stand test of time regardless of the players on the squad, but I think as an American it's engrained into my head to get a name/number on the back. To me, it just looks better. And it's friggin' Seamus!

To quote Paddock - "Jobs a good -un" (I had to look up what this meant btw).

It's going to look nice man! Good stuff. Can't go wrong if it's an Everton jersey.

(but I still think you'd be surprised how many Americans won't wear a name on their back if you asked this on a 9ers forum, say.)