IGNORED

Petition: New Stadium - Grimsby Town

Hi there Everton fans :)

Any chance I can get some extra signatures for my club to acquire a new stadium? Only takes a few minutes, we would really appreciate your help.

We have been trying for the last 20 years, but setbacks due to location, nimby's, and funding have set us back.

This is an official petition made by Grimsby Town Football Club over the last few months, which will be handed into our local council for planning permission.

Circa 500 permanent jobs, and 500 temporary construction jobs. For the long term survivability of the club, not only will it help the club, it will help with community projects in Education and Health.

Click Link >> http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/north-east-lincolnshire-council-support-for-a-community-stadium-and-leisure-complex-at-peaks-parkway

Thank you.

Community Stadium and Leisure Complex at Peaks Parkway

Together we can make this happen for the Community of North East Lincolnshire

Community Leisure Complex comprising

• 14000 seat stadium and home of GTFC

• all weather multi-use pitches

• health and wellbeing centre

• education and training centre

• multi-sport potential for rugby, netball, cricket

• car parking (street sports)

• Grimsby Town Sports & Education Trust centre - 2000sqm

- Football in the Community sports participation

- Futsal programme

- NEET provision

- Inclusion & disability projects

- Health & Education

- 163,000 annual aggregate engagement hours

Commercial enabling development comprising

• hotel and restaurants

• petrol filling station

• retail

Economic benefits

• safeguarding GTFC for future generations - 150 jobs

• construction employment - 500 jobs

• new permanent employment circa 500 jobs

• inward investment of £80m

• business centre - 3500sqm

• new business opportunities

• 2000 space car park plus coach spaces (potential Park & Ride)

Sorry mate but why would an Everton fan want to sign a petition to get Grimsby a new stadium?

I don't understand the logic behind it. If you get over x amount of votes they're going to know it's rigged anyway.

No other fans are going to care really.

Would Grimsby fans sign a petition for us to get a new stadium? We're desperate for one ourselves if you didn't know!

Sorry mate but why would an Everton fan want to sign a petition to get Grimsby a new stadium?

I don't understand the logic behind it. If you get over x amount of votes they're going to know it's rigged anyway.

Would Grimsby fans sign a petition for us to get a new stadium? We're desperate for one ourselves if you didn't know!

Don't agree here Paddock, I'm all for football fans of whatever persuasion getting behind others, particularly at grass roots level, when in need. Was brought up on non league football and know how some clubs struggle.

Signed and the best of luck with it :).

Don't agree here Paddock, I'm all for football fans of whatever persuasion getting behind others, particularly at grass roots level, when in need. Was brought up on non league football and know how some clubs struggle.

Signed and the best of luck with it :).

You're too nice :shaking fist:

Remember Wilkinson scoring that header and knocking us out the League cup!!

Never forget :P

Edited by Paddock

Here's another one, smaller club but the one my dad took me to in the sixties (when they were much bigger), another petition to another useless local council with little hope of success.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/General_Public_Support_Guildford_City_FCs_submission_to_GBC_for_a_football_venue/?wDzMphb

Repeated all over the country I'm sure, hate the decline and demise of small clubs and the support they get, football is far too top heavy.

Remember Wilkinson scoring that header and knocking us out the League cup!!

Hi :)

I've gone round half the football clubs in England so far with quite good success, since I started it we've got around an extra 1,800 signatures, Brighton was a great response with over 100+ from their fans, but they probally share a common goal when it comes to needing a new stadium, but they was homeless for a long time after the sale of the Goldstone ground back in 1997, so yeah other fans do care, I've had a good response from majority of fans even Portsmouth who are wanting a new ground to.

Would Grimsby fans sign a petition for you for a stadium? I would do my best to gather support I can promise you that for sure, I think you deserve a new stadium.

Also our current ground holds 1,800 away supporters, if we drew you in the FA Cup then it would limit away fans, having a new ground would allow more away fans to attend the games, thus it's a benefit not to just Grimsby Town, but to all the away fans that attend the matches, and provide better facilities to those that do attend.

Didn't you win the league the year Paul Wilkinson scored against you? Then you signed him at the end of the season. :)

I went to a game against Everton, we somehow beat you 2-1 in 1979 at Blundell Park - I've still got the ticket, I was 4 years old and it was the very first game my dad took me to. :)

I seem to remember you bought John Oster from us also, not sure if he was much of a success in his 2 years there, but at grass roots we have a fairly good youth system in place even at Conference Premier level, but we are losing 200K a year staying full-time being out the league, and a 2 million benign debt - not much to big clubs, but to us it's a lot of money.

A new stadium for us would provide sustanability through extra revenue, better facilities, it's needed across the whole spectrum of football, if the smaller clubs die out then so does a lot of the golden egg young players that have the ability to play at a much higher level.

Good luck for the current season, I actually enjoy watching Everton on match of the day. :)

Edited by Nelly GTFC