IGNORED

Sean St Ledger

Some of you might remember me talking last year about this young fella played Centre half and all across the back for Peterborough. Was signed by Preston in the Close season for £225.000. :blink: a snip at that price, and after only 6 games for Preston he's been called into the Irish squad for the international qualifier.

I think we missed out on a good-un at that price, Weir and Stubbs are past their sell by date, and we should get ourselves some young cover. He made his début at 17 and was never dropped, played over 80 games for them.

Sean St Ledger

Real name Sean St Ledger

Height 6.00

Weight 11.09

Date of birth 28-12-1986

Place of birth Birmingham

Position Defender

Nationality England

Current Club

Currently playing for Preston

Signed on 07-07-2006

Fee £ 225000

Squad number 12

All time playing career

.....................................SIGNED.........FEE.........LEAGUE.........CUP........OTHERS.

Preston.........................07-07-2006....£225000......5 (0)............1..............0

Peterborough.01-08-2002-07-07-2006 Trainee.......77 (2)...........16.............5

Cos its got nowt to do with EFC. (moved to GENERAL FOOTBALL DISCUSSION)

Was about 18months ago i mentioned him on Rumourama (i think).

Watch out for another youngster when we play them, his name is Jamie Day.... midfielder.

Edited by Licker

Cos its got nowt to do with EFC.  (moved to GENERAL FOOTBALL DISCUSSION)

Was about 18months ago i mentioned him on Rumourama (i think).

Watch out for another youngster when we play them, his name is Jamie Day.... midfielder.

47576[/snapback]

:D sounds like we missed out on a bargain here :o

i say if preston dont get into the prem this season we should get st ledger and nugent. im sure they would jump at the oppertunity to come here (especially nugent) they are both young players who can add competition and strength to our team.

anyone agree with me

47624[/snapback]

Gareth Southgate has also lodged a bid to sign Preston's highly-rated young striker David Nugent. (The Sun)