IGNORED

Everton 3-5-2?

Randomness

Heres my thinking,

tim cant really play as a midfielder who can track back so how about this formation

Howard

Yobo Hughes Lescott

Neville Arteta Carsley Valente

Cahill

Johnson Beattie

it alows beattie to play, adds extra security to the backline and frees up TC now feel free to punch holes in my idea, and tell me "YOUR JUST A YOUNG 'UN YOU SHUDN'T THINK!"

p.s freshers week School disco night :wub::wub::wub::wub:

is it wrong those naughty girls looked so hot :unsure::D

cant have that well get destroyed also hughes isnt ready, he had a good game but theres a reason hes not right in the mixer...give it time...but i cant see that formation workin 4 us

52152[/snapback]

Swap hughes with stubbs (when he gets fit) and its viable. It would be 5-3-2 for the most part playing with Hibbo and Valente as wingbacks so I dont think we would struggle defensively.

The main problem is it would mean us passing through the middle a hell of a lot or from the flanks playing the direct ball 20 yards over the half way line. All too predictable for my liking.

I think Moyes will stick with his current setup for most of the season unless we start slipping below midtable.

Edited by Bluetrip

Good call on the stubbs centre back

Cant see how it would make us predictable though, both wing backs (VAlL & NEV)

Are both attacking and defensive, so can switch and it gives Arteta the chance to play in his original position, as he is not a winger

Good call on the stubbs centre back

Cant see how it would make us predictable though, both wing backs (VAlL & NEV)

Are both attacking and defensive, so can switch and it gives Arteta the chance to play in his original position, as he is not a winger

52161[/snapback]

I can't see Moyes dropping hibbo after his suspension is over and while he can sometimes do the crossover and cross a decent ball, he normally takes the easy option and plays it direct. I'd like to see us play a 442 but we have no width if we play Arteta in the middle.

In reality the only true winger we have is VDM. Premiership defenders will get wise to the whole chip and chase with Johnson. The same goes for marking up Cahill in the penalty area. I hope Moyes signs a winger in the January Transfer window and can get something out of VDM.

Edited by Bluetrip

sounds like a good formation to me, as u say allows Beattie to play as I think he should. Hibbert can play well as the right wing back with a bit of crossing practise. Someone is always going to be injured so it wouldnt be like dropping neville as they would all be needed.

Sir Alf Ramsey won the World cup with a team that was nicknamed the Wingless Wonders, but he had enough world class players to carry it off.

Couldnt see that formation doing anything here, you are asking Neville and Valente to play as wingers, never in a month of sundays. You would end up with a 3 man midfield that would be overun by any normal midfield, so Neville and Valente wouldnt get out of their own half.

We would be On the defence all the game, and Beattie and Johnson would get more service from the coffee bar at half time. A complete no-no IMO.

WINGERS WINGERS WINGERS

Lots of people keep going on about NATURAL wingers

Arteta isnt a winger

Ossie isnt a winger

Steven Gerrard FFS isnt a winger

How many times this season have we seen neville for EFC and England crossing from near the by line, valente also does it for Portugal, ashley cole, gary neville, are two others that spring to mind

I think that system uses the player we have to their best attributes

Be interesting to see as its funny how the wrong system does get over run (as licker says)or get beat when the manager sends it out, then changes it at half time

""How many times this season have we seen neville for EFC and England crossing from near the by line, valente also does it for Portugal, ashley cole, gary neville, are two others that spring to mind""

Yeah Zed, but they all play as fullbacks with a wide midfielders in front of them.

You are asking Neville and Valente to play as both, midfielders and fullbacks. A couple of balls into the corner flags and two of our centre halfs would be drawn out of the middle to cover, no defence at all in the middle. still a big no-no. IMO

The formation would work if we had better players or atleast playrs with pace. Playing Stubbs as part of a three man defence would only spell disaster for us because hes only as fast as his zimmer will allow.

52179[/snapback]

When he cam back last season we went un beaten for about 3 months

2 WORDS

Richard Gough

we should be playing 4-4-2 at home against weaker sides like manc.

weve gotta let the aj-bt partnership develop. i'm sure they can be a fantastic strike force. and the idea of a second striker was to improve our strike rate. if we dont play both we may not get the most out of them.

against stronger teams and for away matches we can play 4-5-1.

aj is quite formidable upfront on his own because he's got the pace and the physical strength to beat just about any defender out there.

weve manc today and thats should be 3 points. you can't afford to drop too many points against the manc teams.

weve already done it twice against wigan and blackburn.