MikeO

Question One

How long is a goldfish's memory?

1. Three seconds

2. Three minutes

3. Three months

4. It depends how long he spent in the pub the previous night

Question Two

Who has just found the book full of useless information that he got for Christmas and then forgot about :lol: ?

Ha! Wrong.

Research by the Dept of psychology of the University of Plymouth in 2003 demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that goldfish have a memory span of at least three months and can distinguish between different shapes, colours and sounds. They were trained to push a lever to gain a food reward; when the lever was fixed to only work for an hour a day the fish sooned learned to activate it at the correct time.

Many more "truths" will be demonstrated false in the coming weeks...'til I (or you) become bored with it :lol: .

Ha! Wrong.

Research by the Dept of psychology of the University of Plymouth in 2003 demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that goldfish have a memory span of at least three months and can distinguish between different shapes, colours and sounds. They were trained to push a lever to gain a food reward; when the lever was fixed to only work for an hour a day the fish sooned learned to activate it at the correct time.

Many more "truths" will be demonstrated false in the coming weeks...'til I (or you) become bored with it :lol: .

:o Damn 20 minutes too late to answer that question :(

I knew that my mum told me years ago, as our goldfish always come to the top of the pond when my mum goes to feed them. Which she said proved the 3 seconds was wrong.

(I'd never seen them in 10 years so I did think she was a little cuckoo :P but I did see them the other day as most of the water had vanished from the pond. Broken pump, so guess who had to dig half the garden up to find where it was broke? Yes me! :angry:)