IGNORED

The News Report

Dunny the Blue

Ive just seen it on the news about the bloke who killed one of our troops in friendly fire. I ve seen the report all through the week however today they had a report from one of his neighbours in Idaho. I was absolutly descusted with what that loud mouth yank prik had to say, basically that we need to get involved with the war on terror and STOP SUCKING OUR THUMBS LIKE WE DID IN WORLD WAR TWO!!!!! Once again Americans shower themeslves in glory!!!

Ive just seen it on the news about the bloke who killed one of our troops in friendly fire. I ve seen the report all through the week however today they had a report from one of his neighbours in Idaho. I was absolutly descusted with what that loud mouth yank prik had to say, basically that we need to get involved with the war on terror and STOP SUCKING OUR THUMBS LIKE WE DID IN WORLD WAR TWO!!!!! Once again Americans shower themeslves in glory!!!

"your country needs to get involved and help our boys out"

Another of his fantastic quotes!

Sorry I thought our boys were in control of all the hot spots in both Iraq & Afganistan :huh: did I miss something?????

Fuckin stupid trigger happy Yank cunts were told not to fire by their control room and the fact that the American government tried to hide the audio / vidio tape by "classifying" it tells me they were well and truely in the wrong. A public apology from the American air force would surly have stopped all theses stupid media agencys searching out some inbread twit form the middle of nowhere to spout his uneducated, bible bashing drivle!

I heard this on the news last night and my instant thoughts were the SAS crawling all over capitol hill and weather the Americans would have the nuts to respond in any way other than to press the big red button. They would be nothing without the skill and knowhow of the British troops backing them up as several wars have shown in the past, they can only be compared to goliath while little British David sits & smiles with the knowledge size & muscles means nothing!

I hate Americans <_<

I don't blame the pilot like, I blame the base in which they were communicating with who told them there was no friendly units in the area. Its not nice watchin the video footage tho :(

Americans make me laugh sometimes, but to say that just shows how stupid and ignorant they are. But it makes me think what are the American News saying about this war as these people are getting their opinion from somewhere and most people get theirs from watching television.

I like the way films such as the UB-571 (something like that) is about the YANKS quest to get the enigma. When in fact it was actually British soldiers who did all the work (with the help of Poles I think) and there were around 4 major missions in cracking and solving the enigma codes. 3 of these done by British and one by the yanks and I remember someone sayin (so not sure if this is true) that the yanks mission was a complete waste of time as the british had already captured the enigma machine. My memory isn't great of this certain topic so if someone else knows just but in ;)

I don't blame the pilot like, I blame the base in which they were communicating with who told them there was no friendly units in the area. Its not nice watchin the video footage tho :(

Americans make me laugh sometimes, but to say that just shows how stupid and ignorant they are. But it makes me think what are the American News saying about this war as these people are getting their opinion from somewhere and most people get theirs from watching television.

I like the way films such as the UB-571 (something like that) is about the YANKS quest to get the enigma. When in fact it was actually British soldiers who did all the work (with the help of Poles I think) and there were around 4 major missions in cracking and solving the enigma codes. 3 of these done by British and one by the yanks and I remember someone sayin (so not sure if this is true) that the yanks mission was a complete waste of time as the british had already captured the enigma machine. My memory isn't great of this certain topic so if someone else knows just but in ;)

It says at the start "do not fire friendly units in the area"

I must have watched a different one then. As they see orange panels and ask the command if they're any friendly units in the are and get a response like "You are well clear of friendly units"

They then convince themselves the orange panels are actually rockets and one pilot says "orange rockets??"

Then they attack and before going back to attack again they get told there ARE friendly units in the area and to abort.

Then one asks what the condition of the people on the floor and the command tells them ones dead.

Which a pilot replies with "I'm going to be sick" and "Yeah this sucks".

I certainly don't blame the pilots just the command base who probably couldn;t be arsed to do the correct checks...

Scrub that, just read it properly.

I dont blame them but trying to cover it up is a fuckin disgrace we are allies!

haha, just wrote that then came back and you corrected it lol :rolleyes:

Yeah it is a disgrace that America tried to cover it up. There is something wrong with the American army though as they are renowned for friendly fire situations...

haha, just wrote that then came back and you corrected it lol :rolleyes:

Yeah it is a disgrace that America tried to cover it up. There is something wrong with the American army though as they are renowned for friendly fire situations...

Trigger happy mate there is more emphisis on killing anything thats "possibly" an enemy than actually making sure.

Orange panels I believe are the symbol of allied troops to stop this but because someone in a control centre told them the friendlies were 800M away they chose to ignore the pre defined markings and attack anyway! 800M ffs thats not even a large distance to a plane so surly there should have been alot of caution excercised in such a situation, I doubt the British would have taken the "chance" and rather left the trucks because of the un-cirtainty, possibly even handing co-ordinates over to ground troops to investigate further.

To be fair, anyone can stick orange panels on and claim to be allies. And even one did think it was allied but then convinced himself it couldn't have been. They had no reason to think what the person in command base was telling them to be false, if they said there was no friendlies in the area (don't forget the command base is meant to be in contact with all allies, so should have if didn't already confirm with the British if there were any British in the area). But got the signal back sayin all clear so he then has no reason in questioning the orange panels.

It is all screwed, someone definately in base control has messed up.

Just thinking out aloud here but could the Americans have contacted the British? This would mean that it was we who made the mistake and told them there were no British in that area. Who knows, I say this as its seems odd that both American and British army are keeping quiet over this.

Its stupid that deaths by friendly fire it still happening though, with all the technolgy available to the army you would have thought a thing like this couldn't happen. But I suppose no matter how much or advance this technology is there is always going to be human errors :(

Yeah the neighbour was a complete idiot.

Goldie, http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,922141,00.html the same year as the one were discussing.

I think its to do with numbers, they (the US) have much more troops in there as us (I know its quality not quantity ;) ) and with their massive firepower and technology which we don't have due to not being able to afford it. There will be more cases or Americans involved in friendly fire. They do have a reputation as trigger happy soldiers and I can't comment on whether thats true or not but the English media certainly want us to think that :)

My dad mentioned this to me when we were talking about it last night. I mentioned somethine about the attitude of shoot now and ask later which he agreed on (to my amazment, we never agree on anything) and mentioned this particular incident I was unaware off. He said a couple of years ago the RAF got criticised as being useless by a Major in Afganistan. It was found that RAF pilots did not want to fire upon enemy vehicles as they couldn't make a definite ID of whether it was allied or enemy.

However, compared it with the US pilots it definitely seems that they went in with out exactly knowing the ID of the target. So could be said went in trigger happy with the idea of shoot now ask questions later.

Speaking from experience, I would like to offer the following.

During the 1st Gulf War (it was a fucking war, and so is this one, bullets don't know the difference between an oil hunt and a war)I was fortunate enough to come across US troops on only two occasions.

The first time was a nightmare, we pulled into their location and found weapons with safety catches off just lying around, no-one had their respirator with them, they had a a BBQ on the go and to top it all off they had t-shirts on boasting what they had done to several divisions of Iraqi troops, before they had a chance to do it. Lots of up and at em, gung ho attitude, but very little in the way of professionalism.

The second time was a little more worrying, three of us from our troop were on a sniper hunt after "hostilities" had ceased and we came upon an NBC (Nuclear, Biological and Chemical) unit. They still had two captured Iraqi soldiers, bound and beaten. These poor bloody Iraqi's had signs around their necks saying how proud they were to have been captured by US troops.

If US troops were half as good as they think they are, they would be 100 times better than they actually are.

ATB

Mac

Thanks for that Mac...an eye witness account to confirm what most of us already suspected.

What with...

North Korean nukes

Bird Flu

Muslim terrorists

Global Warming

Iran (see North Korea)

And the ultimate "Lunatic taking over the Asylum" in the shape of the good old boy commander-in-chief psycho Christian fundamentallist and his band of merry omnipotents...

...we'll be lucky to see next Christmas, let alone another hundred years. Blow all your dosh men of the Goodison Board, there are no pockets in a shroud and we may as well have a good season or two before the planet combusts :lol: .