IGNORED

Europe

I dunno but I am pretty sure that we have to play a qualifier. I thought we were in the groups straight away because we got knocked out of the Champions League but remember Bolton Wanderers? They played against an Estonian team called Lokomotiv Plovdiv, and i'm pretty sure Bolton qualified for UEFA not the Champo League.

Lokomotiv Plovdiv though... their hardly competition, all we need is a crap side for our qualifing and we are sailing. The group shpuld be OK cause' once we settle we'll have no trouble against the Russians and the Bulgarians. Then we should get to the Quarters where it could start getting tough...

I think Glasgow Rangers are the only real competition for us.

The UEFA Cup format goes

1st qualifying round

2nd qualifying round

1st Round

First Group Stage

Second Group Stage

Knockout rounds

The teams finishing 5, 6, and 7 in the EPL (i.e. our team) skip the two qualifying rounds and go straight to the 1st round, which has 80 teams. The 40 with the most European points (which will almost certainly include us) are put in one pool, and their opponents are drawn randomly from among the 40 teams in the other half of the pool. Matches are over two legs, the 40 match winners go on to the first group stage.

Intertoto Cup winners enter the competition at the 2nd qualifying round, BTW, so had we finished 8th we would've had to play two extra rounds of knockout matches to get to the same spot where we're going automatically by finishing 6th.

It has taken me several hours to come to terms with this. we are in Europe, and if this means we will bring in players the likes of Barton, I wish we hadn't.

In all of my time as an Evertonian I have never been so ashamed as to be involved in this sham, if that man comes to our club and involves himself in a Euro competition in whch he had no say, I will vent my spleen.

ATB

Mac

It has taken me several hours to come to terms with this. we are in Europe, and if this means we will bring in players the likes of Barton, I wish we hadn't.

In all of my time as an Evertonian I have never been so ashamed as to be involved in this sham, if that man comes to our club and involves himself in a Euro competition in whch he had no say, I will vent my spleen.

ATB

Mac

In that case you wont want us to sign anybody then will you because they will take part in a competition that they didnt help us enter.

ATB

Mac

Who would u like us to sign then?

No Mark, I would like to play the team that got us into the situation we now find ourselves, they are the lads who have done well by us, not some Jonny come Lately who thinks they have a divine right to high quality footie.

ATB

Mac

They played against an Estonian team called Lokomotiv Plovdiv

Plovdiv is in Bulgaria ns...been there (back in Communist times admittedly), it's a shite hole but I think Lolomotiv Plovdiv is one of the finest names for a football team I've ever heard :lol: !

This is them training is their state of the art stadium...honest.

lokomotivplovdiv.jpg

No Mark, I would like to play the team that got us into the situation we now find ourselves, they are the lads who have done well by us, not some Jonny come Lately who thinks they have a divine right to high quality footie.

ATB

Mac

Well then you'll only be looking for a quick stay in Europe then yes? With those players alone we won't last too long. We need quality in depth, which we don't have.