IGNORED

David Beckham Makes Mls début

full of respect for the guy.

one minute he was a down an out from getting the england boot and struggling at madrid. then suddenly becomes the highest paid player in football history.

i wont knock anythin the guy has done, exploited every aspect of his fame in a really short period of time, now none of his family will ever have to work again, probably for generations.

apparently he plays football sometimes as well

On the topic of MLS but not Beckham, I found it interesting (and rather cool) that at least four of the fourteen current head coaches in the league have Merseyside connections: Mo Johnston (Toronto), Preki (Chivas USA), and Steve Nicol (New England) as former players, and ex-Man City assistant Juan Carlos Osorio (Chicago) as a graduate of LJM University.

just an update on his progress in the US:

Becks made his first start for the Galaxy against DC United in a Superliga (4 Top MLS teams, 4 Top Mexican League teams) match. he scored a goal off of a free kick from about 25 yards out and assisted the another as the Galaxy made it through to the final by defeating DC 2-0. The Following Saturday, David made his first MLS start against the New York Red Bulls. He had two assists within the first 8 minutes of the game off of a corner kick and a free kick from the right side of the box. He also had another "uncredited" assist as the Galaxy fell 5-4.

I LIKE HIM AND EVERYTHING BUT I WISH SSN AND ALL THE WEBSITES WOULD SHUTUP ABOUT IT NOW. SO WHAT HE PLAYED LIKE 18 ODD MINUTES FOR THEM LOADS OF PLAYERS DO THAT FOR THEIR CLUBS AND THE SITES DONT GO ON ABOUT IT SO MUCH!

he's actually started the last two games coming off in the 62nd minute in the first and completing the full 90 in the second. but i see what you mean about the media overcovering the situation

it happened when gazza and platt went to italy, it happened when mcmanaman went to real, when our home grown players go abroad the media follow them. but with becks, hes the most famous person man on the planet. anything he touches sells, so media will go anywhere he does.