IGNORED

An Honest Player.

Just seen an interview with Aston Villa centre half CURTIS DAVIS who was subbed with about 15 minutes to go in his début game, carling cup last night beaten by LEICESTER. this is the jist of what he said ......

I've been bigging myself up to the manager telling him i was ready but i'm not, i'm very Honest with myself after every game i play, and I contributed nothing tonight. My performance was so bad i looked like a pub team player, all i can do is apologise for letting everybody down.

What a breadth of fresh air from a player who obviously had a bad night, i was just wondering if any of our players have the same honesty or the bottle to apologise for some of their rank bad performaces this season, or am i asking too much.

Phil Neville after the Villa game...

“There are a few players in the team, myself included, who need to play better basically. Over the next few weeks, sooner rather than later, we need to do it.”

Captain taking collective resonsibility but not naming names (not that he needs to)....to be applauded.

Edited by MikeO

I Dont see it as suicide and i dont think it will be, he's a very good player who had a bad night.

He obviousley takes a lot of pride in his performances and was honest enough to to admit it wasnt up to scratch, i think for that alone the Fans will love him and get right behind him, As will the manager who knows he's bought a good player.

Thats a real nice way of looking at it.

But football being what it is, is a highly critical sport.

What happens next time he has a bad game? Does he say "yep i had another shocker"?

Thinking about the Neville comment just imagine he said that everytime he has had a bad game this season...... :o

Actually that might not be a bad thing DM might notice aswell then :P

Edited by Mr Toad

Don't get me wrong it is a good thing for players to admit to having a bad game.

As long as next time they play giving it 100%.

It is refreshing though, an honest player! What’s the world coming to? Next managers

will be saying "yeah the team played bad because of a tactics decision I made. Sorry

I will try and make sure I learn from this mistake and it doesn't happen again."

Oh the controversy!!!

....we never get crosses like that from Hibbo.

Have a look at the Everton TV highlights...2.26 in. The commentary goes....

"Good turn by Yakubu, looks wide toward Tony Hibbert. Hibbert keeps it in, he's got Leon Osman in support....Hibberts cross is a great one!"

....collectors item that :D .

Have a look at the Everton TV highlights...2.26 in. The commentary goes....

"Good turn by Yakubu, looks wide toward Tony Hibbert. Hibbert keeps it in, he's got Leon Osman in support....Hibberts cross is a great one!"

....collectors item that :D .

HAHA he's definatly improved his crossing since last season, he's put a few decent crosses in lately maybe he's finally improving his attacking game haha :rolleyes: