IGNORED

Probable Fixture Changes

Louis

Presumably four of five because we'll have one round of matches where we sit it out. If fatigue's gonna knock us it's probably a good thing that two of them (the obvious ones) are games we're unlikely to take anything from anyway. Derby away and Fulham at home we should win with a relatively weak side....only Portsmouth away a problem in my view....lets hope that's the game on our UEFA rest week.

And it's extremely nice to say that :D !

Im just looking forward to four more Everton games in Europe. Im sure they'll be as boring as the last two :huh:

It looks like we will sit out the first round of games then play;

8/11 Home v Pot 4 Team

29/11 Away to Pot 5 Team

6/12 Home to Pot 1 Team

20/12 Away to Pot 2 Team

That's the only downside, I HATE Sunday games but then again would hate to not be in the UEFA Cup more. :D

Edit; Should probably have posted this in the UEFA Cup Group Stages thread...sorry!

Edited by sheedysheedysheedy

I will be in Madrid this date

29/11 Away to Pot 5 Team

any chance athletico???

Think they're in Pot 3 Zed (i.e. same pot as us) so no chance of playin them. Pot 5 is the lowest seed so you're talkin Scandanvia, Greece, Switzerland and er.. Aberdeen.

It looks like we play the lowest two seeds first then home to top seed which could turn out to be a classic night if we only need a win (or draw) to qualify for the knockouts, especially if it's Villareal :)

Top three in each group qualify, giving twenty-four teams. Add in the eight clubs that finish third in the Champions League groups and you have thirty-two going into standard knock-out format. So whoever wins it will have need to play another thirteen games.

Top three in each group qualify, giving twenty-four teams. Add in the eight clubs that finish third in the Champions League groups and you have thirty-two going into standard knock-out format. So whoever wins it will have need to play another thirteen games.

So as it's top 3, 7 points from 4 games would probably be enough to qualify I would think.

So as it's top 3, 7 points from 4 games would probably be enough to qualify I would think.

Of the eight third place teams last season...

Two had six points

Three had five points

Three had four points

....so I think you could safely say that seven will be more than enough.