IGNORED

Fashanu.....£££££££

Anyone remember John Fashanu?.For you younger lads yes him from the Gladiators...if your having trouble remembering the Gladiators....try JET!.......LIGHTNING!......PANTHER! etc,etc............YEP Thought you'd remember them :P

Back to Fashanu!....He played for Wimbledon in the 80's/early 90's....tough center forward who for certainly a few seasons had his salary linked to the amount of goals he scored.Can't seem to remember any other players who have done the same thing?I'm pretty sure the figure of

£5,000 per goal was about right on top of what was I believe not a very high basic wage!

An old rothmans yearbook 1989-90 shows he got 15 that year, as I don't know all the figures involved and average pay for other players, I can't be sure if that was good or not!

My point!........Todays strikers!....Evertons strikers, could they? would they go for a contract like that?

Yakubu for example basic wage say £175 per week and then £20,000 per goal! NOW THAT WOULD MAKE HIM RUN........ B)

Seriously though, would it make for greedy forwards?......Would Yakubu be seeking income suport?......would he be kicking Nevill and co up the arse because their crap service meant he was on £175 a week?

Any way what about...JET!....Nice arse or what!....What ever happened to her.....and Fahsanu?