IGNORED

Jags

jacko 1990

Alot of my freinds who support everton are starting to get really anoyed about nevs sayin '' hes past it '' '' Hes not firtst team player '' ect but i think although his match play might not be the best i think his role as captain for the blues is very importatnt to have!!!

And Bains id like 2 see him have a big run in the first team i havent seen to much of him!!

I can see what your saying but i would much prefer Baines at LB than Lescott. The boy is class. If he is match fit he would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me, and with that in mind it has to be Lescott and Yobo at CB. Jags would still be a replacement for the moment, but thats not to say that he won't improve. but for this season at least first choice CB's will be Yobo/ Lescott LB Baines.... im still undecided at RB. Hibbo has been playing better recently, but im not as keen with nevs in midfield. oh well

I think this post is the perfect post to end this topic,

Baines is a great tackler, but getting forward he is basically a LM, hes so quick to get up their and get that ball in the box. I would love to see Baines take a few Free Kicks cos he scored some mean ones.

jags has been a good signing, and will continue to be. he works hard and is versatile, good for w team player.

baines is fantastic and will continue to improve, as will lescott. right back is the only questionable position in the defence, but at the moment nev has it for me, hes a very good captain, and imo a full back needs to be able to cross as well as tackle, it seems we have one who can cross a great ball and one who is a great tackler.

IMO i think jags was not all at fault for the Arsenal game. I think if we did not concede so early in the first half we would have gone on to take all 3 points. Jags should not really have mis judged the header but at the same time as a center half Yobo should have been a couple of yards behind. From what i've seen Jags can do a really good job at center half for us but after watching him earlier on in the season i don't think he can cut it in the midfield.

When he first came his best position was unknown. he had spells at CM and a RB but neither of them suited him but Since Baines has been out injured and Lescott has moved to left back IMO Jagielka has being absolutely Amazing, was superb Vs Man Utd, But Yesterday against Bolton he was fukin Best player on the pitch by Far, No one got past him, won all the headers and some of the tackles he made were exceptional, If you saw the game you must have saw the best tackle of the game where Anelka was 1 on 1 in the box and Jags does an amazingly perfect tackle from behind and even gets us a goal kick from it!

He is great cover for Yobo when he goes to AFrican Nations, and must be challenging Yobo and Lescott for their CB Place, because he has been outstanding lately. Hope his Great form Continues,

agree 100% i think he's been brilliant of late, especially against bolton. i saw the tackle you mentioned close up, and it was outstanding.